News Pirate rooms at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort to be replaced with 'under the sea' theme

mf1972

i’m not sure how long the refurbishment will take, but are they planning on completing by the time the live action movie comes out? i can see them tying it in with the release date
otherwise i agree with everyone else. they should just leave the pirate rooms alone. mermaid already has representation at AOA.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
1664818320792.png

donsullivan

Premium Member
While it may feel this is well suited to the resort, there is also the possibility that the demand for these rooms isn’t there any more (if it ever was) so they’re trying a different theme. Despite what some around here like to believe, there isn’t always malicious intent in changes like this. It’s often tied to data suggesting that demand for that room theme has passed and it’s time for something new.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
While it may feel best suited to the resort, there is also the possibility that the demand for these rooms isn’t there any more (if it ever was) so they’re trying a different theme. Despite what some around here like to believe, there isn’t always malicious intent in changes like this. It’s often tied to data suggesting that demand for that room theme has passed and it’s time for something new.
That's exactly the reason. These rooms don't sell. Pirate rooms at CBR and Standard rooms at Coronado Springs are the last to go in all the WDW inventory.

co10064

Premium Member
While it may feel best suited to the resort, there is also the possibility that the demand for these rooms isn’t there any more (if it ever was) so they’re trying a different theme. Despite what some around here like to believe, there isn’t always malicious intent in changes like this. It’s often tied to data suggesting that demand for that room theme has passed and it’s time for something new.
This exactly. My family was considering Caribbean Beach but when these (pirate-themed) rooms were all that was left, we opted for a different resort. I'm sure there are some families this appeals to, but I would bet that number is on the decline.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This exactly. My family was considering Caribbean Beach but when these (pirate-themed) rooms were all that was left, we opted for a different resort. I'm sure there are some families this appeals to, but I would bet that number is on the decline.
My wife and I won't share a Full bed, but the appeal of these rooms is ironically at the highest its ever been because it's right next to the Skyliner hub.

the_rich

100%. I wouldn't have any interest in these rooms. Now I may also have no interest in the new ones, that remains to be seen.

WorldExplorer

I like the specially themed rooms. I'm glad they're at least keeping some kind of theme there, even if it is a very redundant one.

I'm also glad I got to stay there before they scrubbed the pirates room. It was fun. I was more excited that I really should have been about the dresser than looked like a stack of crates.

DisneyDreamer08

I really like the look of the pirate rooms. I would have liked to stay there. For me, the deal breaker was that they were at Caribbean Beach. I think this would be my last choice for a resort just because of the size. Especially now with the main building/ food court on one side and the Skyliner on the other. It’s just too big & spread out 🤷🏻‍♀️

WDWmazprty

Well, how about a whole pirate themed resort? Like them or not, the Pirates franchise made big money and still has a huge following.
A legit Pirates themed resort would do well I think and if you still want mermaids, well, mermaids and pirates definitely are in the same boat (pun intended) ...

Of course it'll never happen, but I'd stay there for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom