News Pirate rooms at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort to be replaced with 'under the sea' theme

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Do we know which of the buildings have been given the new refreshed rooms? We know all of Trinidad has been finished. What about the other Islands and buildings?
@lentesta hinted at something in his recent podcast about a theory he had about this room refresh for CBR, but wasn't ready to share yet.
My theory is that some rooms will become family sweets with this refresh.

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta hinted at something in his recent podcast about a theory he had about this room refresh for CBR, but wasn't ready to share yet.
My theory is that some rooms will become family sweets with this refresh.

Thanks for listening to the show!

Okay, my pet theory is that Caribbean Beach is where room refurbs go to die. For example, if you walk around the entire resort, I think you'll see something like four different floor coverings in use - the two new vinyls, and then the last two carpets. Which means Disney hasn't completed a full refurb of the old resort in its last four attempts.

As for the current refurb, I've heard Disney's run into supply chain issues for some key components, and is attempting to manufacture them in-house in Orlando. Which is not what they're set up for. And that might be causing some delays.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Thanks for listening to the show!

Okay, my pet theory is that Caribbean Beach is where room refurbs go to die. For example, if you walk around the entire resort, I think you'll see something like four different floor coverings in use - the two new vinyls, and then the last two carpets. Which means Disney hasn't completed a full refurb of the old resort in its last four attempts.

As for the current refurb, I've heard Disney's run into supply chain issues for some key components, and is attempting to manufacture them in-house in Orlando. Which is not what they're set up for. And that might be causing some delays.
@lentesta I love the show, been listening for years! I love the history, inside info and rumors.
Also, thanks for sharing your pet theory on the failed refurb attempts. Which no better place for these refurbs to go to die, Dead Refurbs Tell no Tales!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom