Pictures of the backstage area of ToT

drew81

We have done/do similar things but since Rob is not employed by Disney and I still am.... I'd rather not say. :lookaroun

I will say though, if we could take some backstage pictures and put them on a site of their own, it would probably get more hits than Google.

like a picture of the Animation Courtyard breakroom or Take Five?

Piebald

like a picture of the Animation Courtyard breakroom or Take Five?

haha no.... more along the lines of what Rob mentioned. Would it really be considered "backstage" if you took a group photo with friends in the Mousketeria or Take Five? I mean obviously it is but you're not taking the picture with intentions of spoiling the magic.

I think they do a decent job of hiding things backstage even if someone did happen to wander backstage. Obviously when it's a crowd control issue or MMD or something it is being supervised by CMs but even if you did happen to just wander for the most part I don't think you'd see anything shocking. Now .... if you were backstage when the Parade was finishing or specifically behind a certain storage warehouse or attraction... then... :cry::cry:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One question we should be asking is why - even as a temporary on stage area - the boundary between on and off stage wasn`t better hidden, dressed, or made to look, well, as uninviting as the usual CM only gate? I saw this area myself recently - the fact the regular gates were wide open caught my attention - and it just pulled me in.

Of course my impromptu backstage Epcot jaunt was authorized and guided. Thanks to those who know ;)

CThaddeus

turning Alien Encounter into a dance hall by pumping house and trance music through the attraction, changing the AA character animation, and taking advantage of the lights

So, you made Alien Encounter something worth going in? You should have fought to keep that around full-time.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
So, you made Alien Encounter something worth going in? You should have fought to keep that around full-time.
I didn't. Someone else did and I was there when it happened.

Quite a magical experience listening to Paul Oakenfold in the Magic Kingdom.

Do you think anyone will take locker room pictures of the Red Sox before or after the World Series?

That's a private backstage area, but I'm sure a lot of people would find THAT interesting.

hrcollectibles

Kat give it a rest will ya. you want to see backstage pics of sound stage 21 at universal florida. personally all i see is the same stuff you can see from google earth or any satellite besides when did you grow a moustache and became walt disney Kat hmm.

mattandscotthallmimi-1.jpg
Mind if I ask who that is?

hrcollectibles

Uh, it's Universal. Not Disney. Sorry for being a normal Cast Member and wanting to preserve the Magic, whether it be "taking a peek backstage" or actually doing something more than that. It's not only preserving the magic, but safety as well. Why do you think they don't allow cameras on the tours? Apparently on Sept. 11, they found someone in the tunnels taking pictures. So, that's all I have to say about that. Also, like redwingchick said, backstage is a place for Cast Members to get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks, a place where they can get time off stage. When you go wandering back there, it's up to them to take you back on stage because you "got lost". The pictures are the same as if you took pictures behind Wal-Mart. There's dumpsters, cars, etc. Nothing special. If you want to ruin the magic, be my guest. But, i'm done here.

Umm I took a tour my Freshmen year of high school (1993) and we were told not to take pictures in certain areas(we could if we wanted our film developed for free lol) .. I think the main reason they do not allow cameras is perhaps someone would take pictures and post them on a public forum so people wouldn't have to pay for the sights they may see while on a backstage tour

WDWKat26

Umm I took a tour my Freshmen year of high school (1993) and we were told not to take pictures in certain areas(we could if we wanted our film developed for free lol) .. I think the main reason they do not allow cameras is perhaps someone would take pictures and post them on a public forum so people wouldn't have to pay for the sights they may see while on a backstage tour

Yeah that wasn't really a rhetorical question.

mikeymouse

Uh, it's Universal. Not Disney. Sorry for being a normal Cast Member and wanting to preserve the Magic, whether it be "taking a peek backstage" or actually doing something more than that. It's not only preserving the magic, but safety as well. Why do you think they don't allow cameras on the tours? Apparently on Sept. 11, they found someone in the tunnels taking pictures. So, that's all I have to say about that. Also, like redwingchick said, backstage is a place for Cast Members to get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks, a place where they can get time off stage. When you go wandering back there, it's up to them to take you back on stage because you "got lost". The pictures are the same as if you took pictures behind Wal-Mart. There's dumpsters, cars, etc. Nothing special. If you want to ruin the magic, be my guest. But, i'm done here.

We were encouraged to take pictures backstage on our tour, like the one below. There was only one spot on the tour we weren't allowed to photograph.
l_ccd88424f559d5d018e01509fde63701.jpg

Gorjus

Backstage is boring when you see it every day. Because I have a global costume (can be worn anywhere) I often choose to move from place to place on stage because back stage is boring and smelly and ugly. However, I absolutely see the fascination people have with it.

If you want a free back stage tour, head to MK and go see Mickey in Toon Town when there is a severe thunder, lightening and rain storm. For guests' safety we send them to an alternate exit that deposits them in the County Bounty store rather than out by the train station. This alternate exit takes them back stage by the PhotoPass Base, Mickey's dressing room, the cast break room, and the outside backstage areas (which you can see through the windows in the doors) where maintenance, painting, and construction sheds are. Also, Princesses are often in their bloomers.

The princess thing is rare because they know guests are back stage. However, one time, I was directing guests to the alternate exit. Just before a group was about to enter the backstage area, I noticed a princess headed for the break room in her bloomers. I held the guests up, instructed the princess to quickly hide in the break room and not come out till I cleared the hall. It was a close call and one we had a good laugh about.

However, like others have said, backstage is a chance to relax and not have to be "on". And a couple of times, guests who couldn't read English wandered back stage and into the breakroom. You then have to put your nice face on, get your feet off the chairs, get up and help the guests to the correct exit. Not what you want to do during a break.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom