Picture of refillable mug...

soin2disney

Hello everyone....
Again I'm asking if anyone has just come back from WDW that has a picture of their refillable mug???? NOOOOOO I don't want to bring one of my old mugs back to use..... I just want to see if they have changed the design..... Thanks Tina :)

jlmct52

They've had the same mugs since at least 2008. It sure seems they would come out with new ones with the new "Let The Memories Begin" promotion...since it is likely to last for awhile.

Upvote 0

soin2disney

Original Poster
They've had the same mugs since at least 2008. It sure seems they would come out with new ones with the new "Let The Memories Begin" promotion...since it is likely to last for awhile.
I hope so, I buy one every year I go, and looked forward to something new........

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I spent like half an hour last night reading thru a thread on another site from someone who said they had recently spotted a new mug with something like "Magic, Memories, & You" on it or something similar that could easily tie into the new advertising campaign. There had been pictures linked but they were no longer working so I didn't get to see it myself. It was a total waste of a read & frustrating to say the least. But, on a brighter note, perhaps there is hope for a new mug after all.

:shrug:

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

I spent like half an hour last night reading thru a thread on another site from someone who said they had recently spotted a new mug with something like "Magic, Memories, & You" on it or something similar that could easily tie into the new advertising campaign. There had been pictures linked but they were no longer working so I didn't get to see it myself. It was a total waste of a read & frustrating to say the least. But, on a brighter note, perhaps there is hope for a new mug after all.

:shrug:

I was doing the same thing last night:brick::brick::brick:

I also read that they were light blue and white(like the year of a million dreams ones) with the princesses and donald and mickey on them...not sure how true this is. :shrug:

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I was doing the same thing last night:brick::brick::brick:

I also read that they were light blue and white(like the year of a million dreams ones) with the princesses and donald and mickey on them...not sure how true this is. :shrug:

Your memory is better than mine. :p We definitely read the same thread, tho. :animwink:

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

UPDATE:
The place I read about the mug description/ pictures that were disabled were from DISNEYLAND. The poster thought they were from WDW but they actually weren't.

Still no word on anything changing with the mugs at WDW:shrug:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Another person hoping they get in gear here and release either resort specific ones again (not very likely), or at the least, new ones that reflect the new campaign.:brick:Oh well...24 more days til I'll be buying 4 more from Pop Century's cafeteria!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DWLove

I am off to the World on Friday and will be buying new mugs. Will be sure to get pictures if they are different. I also heard from a CM that they are going to be changing the designs on the park tickets

Upvote 0
Could have sworn I saw a new design mug the other day, perhaps Saturday or Sunday. It was blue and had a similar design to what's on the new park tickets. I'm not sure if this was a resort mug, or a mug that they would sell at one of those popcorn carts.

I'll keep my eyes open, but I can't take pictures :( (I kno, that makes my post useless now :brick: )

Upvote 0

stratman50th

I see the question has been answered already so I'll just throw this out. We've been carrying our refillable mugs with us for the last 10 years or so. They're from the Port Orleans Resort, back when Port Orleans=The French Quarter. They've got the party alligators from the Sassagoula Float Works on the sides. We use them no matter what resort we stay at since when we bought them the deal was refills forever. We've been taking them up on it ever since! :D

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I see the question has been answered already so I'll just throw this out. We've been carrying our refillable mugs with us for the last 10 years or so. They're from the Port Orleans Resort, back when Port Orleans=The French Quarter. They've got the party alligators from the Sassagoula Float Works on the sides. We use them no matter what resort we stay at since when we bought them the deal was refills forever. We've been taking them up on it ever since! :D

Let's play guess the date & time of thread lock.

-dave

Upvote 0

The Andrews

Mugs

We were there in December and they were still in pretty good supply of the same red, yellow, and black, character cups so I dont know if they are launching new ones or not.:wave:

Upvote 0

stratman50th

One of the members here suggested that I post a picture of our old mug. I only have the one at the moment but since there is a thread just for refillable mug photos, I'll take a shot of just the mug.
This was at the "quiet pool", Polynesian Resort, June 2010. My wife and my dad, the mug is in the left foreground of the picture:
IMG_0003.jpg

Sorry it isn't a full shot, but yeah, Disney's Port Orleans Resort, circa 1996 or so.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

I have that exact mug on my desk filled with DISNEY pens!! I got mine in 1999 at the French QTR!
We have our original 3, and now since both my mom and dad have passed away, we have theirs too. I had no idea the controversy these stupid mugs have caused on this forum! I was just reading some of the old threads. For the record, the mugs from this era were refills forever. I do know that they have since changed the policy on refills and they also don't have resort specific mugs any longer. Sad actually since it was one thing you couldn't get at a Disney store anyplace else in the country. A small "I was there" souvenir. I remember when they had resort specific paper plates and napkins! :D So does that little bit of trivia qualify me as a true WDW nerd?

Upvote 0

epcotWSC

Normally there's a new mug each year or two. So I'd hope they'd change it this year since it seems that last year was the same as the year before. The mugs tend to be my one and only souvenir from my Disney trips. I don't like spend much on pointless things, so may as well get something that'll pay for itself after like 5 fills.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom