PHOTOS - Temporary store to open during a major update to World of Disney at Disney Springs

lazyboy97o

For what it's worth here are photos from the Disney store in International Plaza in Tampa. They play classic music from Peter Pan, Casey Jr etc. there are projections of Peter Pan and the lost children and Up etc. on the walls. I like the store a lot.
That is the old and dead Imagination Park store type.

lazyboy97o

Not really dead when a ton of stores are like this. Let’s see how many they actually refurb with their new concept. Not to mention many just received a reburb to imagination in the last several years.
The Imagination Park concept is dead and has been dead for awhile now. They are not building any more Imagination Park stores. Just because Imagination Park stores are open is irrelevant to the concept being current.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The Imagination Park concept is dead and has been dead for awhile now. They are not building any more Imagination Park stores. Just because Imagination Park stores are open is irrelevant.

But they will still exist for a long time. That’s my point. They are not going to get a brand new refurb if they just got one. Unless they make a ton of money for company.

For example, the DFW area has 2 of their 4 stores as the full imagination park. A third is an abbreviated version because it is so small. It hasn’t been that long since they all received their refurbs so the likelihood that any will receive another refurb to the new concept any time soon is low...from what I’m being told.

lazyboy97o

But they will still exist for a long time. That’s my point. They are not going to get a brand new refurb if they just got one. Unless they make a ton of money for company.

For example, the DFW area has 2 of their 4 stores as the full imagination park. A third is an abbreviated version because it is so small. It hasn’t been that long since they all received their refurbs so the likelihood that any will receive another refurb to the new concept any time soon is low...from what I’m being told.
Old store designs existing means nothing. There are still a few Pink and Green stores out there too. They have nothing to do with how new stores are being developed.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Old store designs existing means nothing. There are still a few Pink and Green stores out there too. They have nothing to do with how new stores are being developed.

If guests still see these stores for years to come, it means something. They still exist in real life. I get that they will no longer use his concept for new stores or refurbs. But this concept isn’t going away anytime soon.

lazyboy97o

If guests still see these stores for years to come, it means something. They still exist in real life. I get that they will no longer use his concept for new stores or refurbs. But this concept isn’t going away anytime soon.
People still see original Pink and Green stores. That doesn’t mean that concept is still alive or relevant to what to expect of new stores.

Pam Hates Penguins

Not really dead when a ton of stores are like this. Let’s see how many they actually refurb to their new concept. Not to mention many just received a reburb to imagination in the last several years.

Agreed. The New Disney Store looks like a GAP Store you would find in ever single public mall:
1517777502596.png

The classic Disney Store was original and unique.

drcasey

Agreed. The New Disney Store looks like a GAP Store you would find in ever single public mall:
View attachment 261616

The classic Disney Store was original and unique.

The rich theming and uniqueness of WoD is what makes people spend so much time there, therefore more likely to spend money. The pictures above don’t make me want to spend time in that store at all. Much like he parks themselves, we go for the theming and immersion. If we didn’t care about theming we would just go to our local amusement parks

bhg469

Ah” i love my ipod.and love going to the fruit store. And like the clean design of there store front. And that disney store front. That you made. Is clean design. If your in to kustom cars like me, thats were its at. clean design. So get over it.
Custom cars are exactly that, custom to those who want it in a very specific way. We are talking about mass appeal but at the same time staying true to the property. As the World of Disney store has evolved over the years, it has always been a unique experience, almost like it is the flagship disney store. No other disney store is quite like it. No one should look forward to disney gap..

bhg469

This sucks. I love going to the WoD on my trips, part of it being the visual appeal. This looks like something I'd expect at the airport.
It looks like a temporary store at the airport because the real one is being remodeled... Someone at Disney is extremely full of themselves if this is what they think people want.

mm121

WoD could definitely use some refreshing, ditching the old dated carpet.

but going the way they are going is a few steps to far in the WRONG direction.

its one thing to want to make a space feel fresh and new again, its another to strip it of everything unique and make it just like every other store. Example the gap comparison above, so boring that they are chosing to to do this.

Do customers really want every store to be bland and boring? Might as well just shop online when no store offers an "experience".

lazyboy97o

Do customers really want every store to be bland and boring? Might as well just shop online when no store offers an "experience".
This is the problem of surveying people. They reference what they easily know. Apple Stores are far and away some of the must successful retail spaces. So successful that they often pay lower rents due to the sheer volume of people they draw while also outperforming all of their neighbors in sales per square foot. The result is everybody rushing to poorly copy the minimal aesthetic without understanding how much it is tied to the brand and how "minimal" is not part, cheap or easy.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, I've been in the parts for the past week and have looked at a lot of the park merchandise it has even taken a downturn in quality. Most of the merchandise has classic Mickey and Minnie and it's like stuff you find normally at like Walmart or Target or even at Five Below. Shirts with very simplistic writing that says "I'm so fly I Neverland", "I'm in my Fantasyland", or extremely bizarre "purple wall" hat are really not on my list of really wanting. It also has come to my attention that a lot of them also sell their shirts now for $20 if you buy two if they are $24.95 and many other shirts that you're hoping to get at a good size are either sold out and you're pretty much lucked out on not getting the one you want. And we all know how these shirts like to shrink very quickly in the wash.

Art has even taking a downfall as well you don't find big figs anymore they're like a smaller version and there are even half the price of what the big ones used to be. And you cannot buy theme park attraction posters anymore at Art of Disney as they removed them off the printed kiosk they are mostly movie posters and generic theme park posters.

Last edited:

mm121

This is the problem of surveying people. They reference what they easily know. Apple Stores are far and away some of the must successful retail spaces. So successful that they often pay lower rents due to the sheer volume of people they draw while also outperforming all of their neighbors in sales per square foot. The result is everybody rushing to poorly copy the minimal aesthetic without understanding how much it is tied to the brand and how "minimal" is not part, cheap or easy.

from 2012-2017 i had an iphone, the phones themselves were always bought online, and ive never bought accessories at the apple store.

had to go there for phone repair/exchange a few times and the experience was always HORRIBLE.

always just lots of workers standing around yet none can actually help you, they just pass you around from one employee to the next, and with the way they dont have a checkout even if you wanted to buy something its confusing and random when youll be able to actually pay for whatever your buying.

totally dont see the attraction of going there,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom