News PHOTOS - Prince Charming Regal Carrousel behind scrims for refurbishment

EricsBiscuit

Visited today, I don't have pictures but the scrim is STILL up. I'm not sure what work, if any, they've been doing behind it. Anyone know what is going on, and why it's taking so long?
The topper is still missing too. I don't think they've started doing any painting yet. I have no idea why.

I am Timmy

Well, I hope it's down by Dec. when we go, but now I won't be surprised if it isn't. Is the scrim at least still decorative? We like to get pics near it at MVMCP, but kinda doubt that will be a must do with scrims.

Monorail_Red_77

Well, I hope it's down by Dec. when we go, but now I won't be surprised if it isn't. Is the scrim at least still decorative? We like to get pics near it at MVMCP, but kinda doubt that will be a must do with scrims.

When I was there on Sep 2 the decorative outer scrim was still up. I will be at MK tomorrow (sat) so I should be able to confirm.

krb201

Maybe. I seem to recall as a kid seeing the painting happening on main street facades and thinking it was cool. Then again I seem to recall some detail that they used to have a lot more painters and they did most of this work at night.

If it is a 'good' thing, a 'better' thing would be to experience a fully updated painted park without a scrim. ;)
I remember the painting occurring in plain view on Main Street as well, and liked it. Thought it sort of fit on MS since that's how turn of the century shop owners would have done it in the real world.

Very glad that upkeep is happening. But it seems like WDW is in a race with my local road construction crews to see who can take the longest to finish their work. If I was a skeptic, I'd think use of scrims today is to hide the painting that isn't being done (quickly).

Monorail_Red_77

Still up today, sat 10/06 you can see popcorn lights turned on inside scrim of top photo, center right area.
ACA76B58-8007-4E39-B965-39DF7B54F832.jpeg
8343345C-8C10-4208-9985-35B6D6993EA4.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom