News PHOTOS - Prince Charming Regal Carrousel behind scrims for refurbishment

PaulZ

I know this would be met with laughter and derision, but I’ve long felt and wished Disney would announce about 2 years ahead of time it was closing the park for 3-6 months to do all these refurbishments and renovations at once. MK is almost 50. I wish they’d take the $ loss of a few months, fix what needs to be fixed, bring in new stuff where they want, and then reopen after they finish. If you announce it that far in advance, you give guests time to plan accordingly. Then annnouce all parks on some sort of rotation where they do the same thing. I’m not saying there still wouldn’t need to be refurbs occasionally along the way before each shut down, but it does get ridiculous looking when you are there and it feels like tarps and walls are everywhere why they refurb/repair something.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know this would be met with laughter and derision, but I’ve long felt and wished Disney would announce about 2 years ahead of time it was closing the park for 3-6 months to do all these refurbishments and renovations at once. MK is almost 50. I wish they’d take the $ loss of a few months, fix what needs to be fixed, bring in new stuff where they want, and then reopen after they finish. If you announce it that far in advance, you give guests time to plan accordingly. Then annnouce all parks on some sort of rotation where they do the same thing. I’m not saying there still wouldn’t need to be refurbs occasionally along the way before each shut down, but it does get ridiculous looking when you are there and it feels like tarps and walls are everywhere why they refurb/repair something.
A notion that works great on paper, but not so much in practice.

What do you do with 65,000 employees while you shut down a city for 2-3 months?

PaulZ

A notion that works great on paper, but not so much in practice.

What do you do with 65,000 employees while you shut down a city for 2-3 months?

I think you misunderstood or I wasn’t very clear. I said “the park” meaning 1. You don’t close any more than this at any one time and not in a row. I am talking about for example, announcing MK shuts down for major park refurbishment in Mid-January 2023. It will reopen the week before Memorial Day. The other 3 parks and water parks stay open and you move those employees who work in that one park somewhere else for the times this happens. 2 years later, or some other interval you do the same with Epcot, followed by HS, followed by AK. Then every 10-15 years you do this same process again.

I know it’s never going to happen. But that was my thought of something I think they should do.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
They're having a hard time deciding how many R's should be in the word Carrousel.
carousel_250x375_r3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom