PHOTOS - Polynesian Resort DVC construction

Gregoryp73

It’s possible but I don’t believe the roofs will have a natural top.

As far as jumping from the patio of the bungalows, I don’t see it as any more of a temptation or concern than the edge into the water in front of the rooms in Tuvalu. Kids could walk right over and into the water there and I have never heard of it happening.

tuvalufromlagoon.JPG

I'm still hoping the go with the Aulani type roofs on the over the water huts...It would make them look that much more natural. Although on the DVC long house it makes sense to tie it in with the older buildings by using the same type of roof.

btw...anyone who hasn't been to Aulani yet, I wasn't sure I would like that property...but after doing a week there, that place is a Grand Slam. If they can even come close to that level at the Poly DVC, they are going to have capacity problems.

tikiman

I'm still hoping the go with the Aulani type roofs on the over the water huts...It would make them look that much more natural. Although on the DVC long house it makes sense to tie it in with the older buildings by using the same type of roof.

btw...anyone who hasn't been to Aulani yet, I wasn't sure I would like that property...but after doing a week there, that place is a Grand Slam. If they can even come close to that level at the Poly DVC, they are going to have capacity problems.

I don’t believe they have any intentions of changing the outside of the DVC longhouse from what they are now.

I went over to Aulani just before it opened to get a tour. I like how they did the rooms and the rooms in Tahiti and Rapa Nui are larger so they will have more room to work with. Maybe they will do the fold out bed under the TV.

I don’t see much of a capacity problem at the Polynesian just by adding on 20 rooms that will be too expensive to be full all the time.

The Aulani property is nice but does not sustain the amount of people there very well. Even Imagineering has been scrambling to add on to the facilities. When you are on the property it is well done but just outside the Ko olina property is not the best place in Oahu to be. I like a lot of the details at Aulani and there are a few that have been discussed possibly making it to the Polynesian. I think the new kids club will be more like the one at Aulani.

Don’t expect much if any of the new designs for the lobby to look like Aulani. Aulani was designed with 100% Hawaiian culture in mind. The Polynesia has more things that are representative of other Pacific Islands more than Hawaii and I believe you will see that in the new lobby design but to some it will still look Hawaiian.

ryguy

Seems like a better idea on paper than reality. The views from the Poly looking out onto the lake and over at the MK are going to be diminished greatly. Unless of course your in a bungalow.

Tom

Beta Return
Hey folks... longtime reader first time poster here. Are these bungalows going to be grand villas? Or is dvc holding that info close to the vest?

There have been reports of them being called "Grand Villas", but I've also heard that they will have 2 Bedrooms, which does not align with the definition of a Grand Villa.

I have not been able to see an overhead view of the floorplans, otherwise I could say for sure.

Next Big Thing

There have been reports of them being called "Grand Villas", but I've also heard that they will have 2 Bedrooms, which does not align with the definition of a Grand Villa.

I have not been able to see an overhead view of the floorplans, otherwise I could say for sure.
Looking at what is currently built now, the area they take up seems a bit smaller than normal Grand Villas.

Unplugged

Not that it needs to be added, but I haven't seen anyone mention this yet (sorry if I overlooked it). But most luxurious resorts that have bungalows over the water, have crystal clear & blue water with beautiful sandy ocean bottoms. These are built over a mucky green/brown water that once had white sand that has since been overgrown. Anyone else find it creepy to sleep on a pier where the creature from the black lagoon is expected to arise from? Of course, it could just be scuba Goofy covered in weeds.

Next Big Thing

Not that it needs to be added, but I haven't seen anyone mention this yet (sorry if I overlooked it). But most luxurious resorts that have bungalows over the water, have crystal clear & blue water with beautiful sandy ocean bottoms. These are built over a mucky green/brown water that once had white sand that has since been overgrown. Anyone else find it creepy to sleep on a pier where the creature from the black lagoon is expected to arise from? Of course, it could just be scuba Goofy covered in weeds.
While I would love them to clean p the water, i've never once thought of this as creepy. Even if there was something in the water, I fail to see how it's any different than staying at fort wilderness , where they hand you a sheet of paper warning you of rattle snakes upon arrival.

Unplugged

While I would love them to clean p the water, i've never once thought of this as creepy. Even if there was something in the water, I fail to see how it's any different than staying at fort wilderness , where they hand you a sheet of paper warning you of rattle snakes upon arrival.

Rattle snakes are natural as are the water plants I mention. I just find that typical (read as "expensive") resorts over the water use the crystal clear waters as part of the quaint ambiance. While the water is perfectly natural for the lake, it is far from a beautiful experience for a high paid resort. This is part of the value statement. It just doesn't make sense. -IMHO

Next Big Thing

Rattle snakes are natural as are the water plants I mention. I just find that typical (read as "expensive") resorts over the water use the crystal clear waters as part of the quaint ambiance. While the water is perfectly natural for the lake, it is far from a beautiful experience for a high paid resort. This is part of the value statement. It just doesn't make sense. -IMHO
I agree. I wish they would put in the time to cleaning up that water (it's not like it's impossible), but Disney knows that these are going to be a hot item no matter what, so it's really not worth the effort - even if it would make the resort as a whole seem a bit more worth the money.

Next Big Thing

It might not. TDO might just axe them anyway. I would not be shocked if that happens in the next year or two.
The boat rentals get used a lot more along bay lake/seven seas lagoon. The reason i've heard from multiple places for the other locations being closed was that they were under performing financially and the 3rd party decided to close up shop at those locations.

Scuttle

I agree although I go to the lagoon resorts quite a bit and I see tons of boats sitting there every time with very few out on the lake it appears.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom