PHOTOS - Polynesian Resort DVC construction

PrincessNelly_NJ

depends when but i would guess starting at 150 points a night..which if you rent points from someone equates about 1500 a night..hello!
tumblr_lys3fdAlTn1qlfn3ro8_r1_250.gif

majortom1981

These lagoon villas will probably be the same amount of points as the treehouse villas at Saratoga. So I would look at the point charts for the treehouse villas to get an idea.

Biff215

These lagoon villas will probably be the same amount of points as the treehouse villas at Saratoga. So I would look at the point charts for the treehouse villas to get an idea.

I understand the comparison but I don't think that's anywhere close to what others here are suggesting. The treehouses were increased since opening, but still don't command close to 150 points a night (at most half that). The treehouses don't have an MK view or monorail close by, and Disney knows that.

twebber55

I understand the comparison but I don't think that's anywhere close to what others here are suggesting. The treehouses were increased since opening, but still don't command close to 150 points a night (at most half that). The treehouses don't have an MK view or monorail close by, and Disney knows that.
agree
no way they are that cheap.....although I do think they will be similar in size and scope

Next Big Thing

Are these suppose to be two or three bedrooms? From the latest pics, they look to be only two bedrooms...
That's what they've been looking like to me as well, but they could be building these similarly to the Treehouse villas. Those are priced as 2 bedrooms, yet have 3. THV aren't as big sq footage wise as other 3-bedrooms I believe, which is why they are priced as 2-bedrooms (and they're in the middle of nowhere). With these being right on the water, Disney will still be able to get away with outrageous prices.

Biff215

That's what they've been looking like to me as well, but they could be building these similarly to the Treehouse villas. Those are priced as 2 bedrooms, yet have 3. THV aren't as big sq footage wise as other 3-bedrooms I believe, which is why they are priced as 2-bedrooms (and they're in the middle of nowhere). With these being right on the water, Disney will still be able to get away with outrageous prices.

The treehouses started priced as two bedrooms, but quickly were increased somewhere between that and a grand villa. It's all about demand with DVC, and with a limited supply and almost unlimited members with points to burn, they will price these high right from the start. They can always reallocate and decrease them if occupancy ever became an issue. Either way, DVC points will pay for them, and then Disney has an additional suite to rent when they aren't booked.

JLipnick

Has there been any artwork or concept drawings for the Poly DVC? it seems like those villas are going up rather quickly. also, i assume they are going to have to put a barrier in the lake so the water under those villas is not murky brown. If they don't, then it will really ruin the experience. I am sure disney can figure some way to make that happen. it shouldn't be too difficult.

tikiman

Another permit for more pilings for the Poly project. Not sure exactly what these are for.

1530 Seven Seas Dr - Installation of 14 pile clusters

I believe those pilings are for the continued construction of the bungalows. I don’t think they have installed the pilings for the bungalows over in front of Tahiti. There will be 20 of these when they are done. There are concept art and models of the DVC expansion for the Polynesian but they have been good about not saving photos electronically so they don’t end up on the internet. The bungalows are all 2 bedrooms that sleep 9.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The projected price tag per night of these units gave me the dry heaves.

I believe those pilings are for the continued construction of the bungalows. I don’t think they have installed the pilings for the bungalows over in front of Tahiti. There will be 20 of these when they are done. There are concept art and models of the DVC expansion for the Polynesian but they have been good about not saving photos electronically so they don’t end up on the internet. The bungalows are all 2 bedrooms that sleep 9.

20 bungalows at (roughly) $1500 a night...

Is there no end to the greed of Disney? I literally feel sick. I can't watch this thread any longer.

twebber55

Is there no end to the greed of Disney? I literally feel sick. I can't watch this thread any longer.
well if you are a dvc member 5 days would cost you roughly 750 points worth...to buy 750 points at 150 dollars a point...and you can then see why disney does what it does

PhilharMagician

I bet they will be booked 100% of the time with guests paying for the Deluxe Dining package, Magic Memories and Bibbity Bobbity boutique for the whole family. Apparently the business model works and people keep throwing shovels full of money at WDW.

tikiman

I bet they will be booked 100% of the time with guests paying for the Deluxe Dining package, Magic Memories and Bibbity Bobbity boutique for the whole family. Apparently the business model works and people keep throwing shovels full of money at WDW.

Just like their model for Night Kingdom (yes it was a real project and not far from construction starting), they do not need to market to the masses, they just need to get a few with lots of money to throw around to pay the very high price.

PhilharMagician

Just like their model for Night Kingdom (yes it was a real project and not far from construction starting), they do not need to market to the masses, they just need to get a few with lots of money to throw around to pay the very high price.

Absolutely. There are tons of people out there with disposable cash and I guaranty that Disney will find plenty more ways to capitalized on that. Disney Theme Parks seem to have gotten better over the past decade at taking money from people rather than giving people more for their money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom