PHOTOS - Polynesian Resort DVC construction

tikiman

Are you sure that the Ft Wilderness DVC plans are dead? They are just about out of deluxe accommodations to add on to and YC really does not have any room to work with. The proposal for FW while moving Pioneer hall makes no sense the plans did add on a lot of DVC room inventory which they honestly are not getting out of either the GF or Poly expansions since they both have space limitations.

I am only sure that my sources would no these things and that is what I was told earlier this year.

PhilharMagician

I am only sure that my sources would no these things and that is what I was told earlier this year.

Yeah, it just seems like DVC will need more rooms in the next 3-4 years if not sooner if they want to keep selling. Where will they go next? Maybe a third standalone resort?

tikiman

Yeah, it just seems like DVC will need more rooms in the next 3-4 years if not sooner if they want to keep selling. Where will they go next? Maybe a third standalone resort?

I have nothing to support this but I would not be surprised to see something go next to the TTC where the Venetian was going to be. The biggest problem there is the increase of use and extra stop from another resort. So far I don't see the Polynesian DVC being an impact on the monorail since 219 of the DVC rooms are currently existing rooms and only 20 will be added.

ParentsOf4

I have nothing to support this but I would not be surprised to see something go next to the TTC where the Venetian was going to be. The biggest problem there is the increase of use and extra stop from another resort. So far I don't see the Polynesian DVC being an impact on the monorail since 219 of the DVC rooms are currently existing rooms and only 20 will be added.
I recall the reason they never built the Venetian was that the land was too expensive to develop because of the depth at which they'd have to sink the foundations.

Still, knowing what a money-maker DVC is, I suspect they'd find a way to overcome the cost. :D

P.S. I thought people might like this concept art for the Venetian. For those unfamiliar with it, original plans (as in before even the Magic Kingdom opened) was to build this between the TTC and the Contemporary on the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Venetian%20Resort%202.jpg

Last edited:

tikiman

The cost was so much back then because of the technology they would need to support the structure on the soft ground. That is not as much of an issue with today’s techniques.
Here is another concept of the Venetian. The Venetian was actually reconsidered not very long ago to be built and plans were found that were submitted.

ventian-concept.jpg

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I am a civil engineer and with the money Disney Vacation Club makes for Disney and the new building systems they could easily afford the foundation work at the old Venetian site. Still I think that Bay Lake Tower 2 will be the next DVC construction project. Just a guess.

vonpluto

The cost was so much back then because of the technology they would need to support the structure on the soft ground. That is not as much of an issue with today’s techniques.
Here is another concept of the Venetian. The Venetian was actually reconsidered not very long ago to be built and plans were found that were submitted.

ventian-concept.jpg

Then there was the 1990's version called the Mediterranean Resort:

Mediterranean Resort Concept Art.jpg

Gomer

I could be wrong, but I thought I had read a while back that there were rumors of expansion to the AKL DVC to coincide with Avatarland. The idea was that the water ways at AK would be built out to allow boat transportation from the lodge with another DVC "house" being built to the east of Jambo. I can't find reference to this anywhere. Maybe I dreamt it. (Yes, I dream about DVC construction)

djkidkaz

It's amazing how they can announce and immediately start building DVC but can't manage to build a new ride within the frame of a year.....or even a meet n greet.

Or in the case of avatar, two years since announcement and there's what? A single pole up to show for it? Sad.

:(

Wait! There's a pole installed for Avatar?! Where's the pics?!

luv

I saw them moving a pile of dirt about 10-20 feet today. I'm confident there is a good reason for that, but am clueless about what it was. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom