Photos, photos, photos! Coming soon to your favorite attractions!

C.FERNIE

i think adding cameras is a good thing its one of the only times we can all get a group shot together! and a HM shop would be awesome I love the ToT shop (even if the ride terrifies me), with all its ride specific merchandise! maybe the magic band - ness may work out in the end! every cloud has its silver lining!

RandySavage

I loathe this development. Never been a fan of the "post-ride shop" trend, especially when a really transporting ride then dumps you into racks of anachronistic theme park merch (e.g. Tower of Terror). Nothing brings one back to reality faster than a rack of t-shirts. The digital screens where they'll display the photos will likely be another unnecessary anachronism.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

People who want their children to know who Lincoln is are being driven out by '1000-calorie snack'-gobbling honeybooboos staring at their sixtieth ride pic selfie of their stuffed face while looking for an immediate opportunity to indulge their impulse buy addiction with spending thirty dollars for $0.75 Chinese plastic trinkets.
So what do you really think? :)

Hmac

So does this mean they fixed the hitchhiking ghost interaction at the end? (sorry was there in early Oct and was busted the entire time, haven't seen an update) would be cool to have photos there IF it reliably worked!

ABQ

So does this mean they fixed the hitchhiking ghost interaction at the end? (sorry was there in early Oct and was busted the entire time, haven't seen an update) would be cool to have photos there IF it reliably worked!
It was working when I was there in Mid December.

artdeco

I don't think there has to be a flash to grab a HHG photo. You're watching a manipulated real-time image of yourself. Can't they just grab a frame from that?

In fact, couldn't they give you a choice of effect, in case you didn't like the random head-swap you got? That would be pretty neat.

AEfx

I don't think there has to be a flash to grab a HHG photo. You're watching a manipulated real-time image of yourself. Can't they just grab a frame from that?

In fact, couldn't they give you a choice of effect, in case you didn't like the random head-swap you got? That would be pretty neat.

I agree - I doubt there will be a flash moment. There is no reason to - you are already reasonably well-lit in that area just for the purpose of the trick anyway.

BTW, the newest Disney Parks newsletter had info about "lots of great HM specific merch" coming in late 2014 - my guess is, we'll see some activity soon and we'll have a Haunted Mansion shop by Halloween. Maybe even as early as August if they want to get it open before MNNSHP begins for the year.

dreamfinder

I agree - I doubt there will be a flash moment. There is no reason to - you are already reasonably well-lit in that area just for the purpose of the trick anyway.

BTW, the newest Disney Parks newsletter had info about "lots of great HM specific merch" coming in late 2014 - my guess is, we'll see some activity soon and we'll have a Haunted Mansion shop by Halloween. Maybe even as early as August if they want to get it open before MNNSHP begins for the year.

Some of the new merch has been previewed here -> http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...dise-on-the-horizon-for-disney-parks-in-2014/

Goofnut1980

The photopass pictures at Disneyland Paris are actually quite nice.. they have great backgrounds around your pictures.. and like on Buzz it actually tells your scores. WDW.. nope.. no score and a boring picture!

EOD K9

The photopass pictures at Disneyland Paris are actually quite nice.. they have great backgrounds around your pictures.. and like on Buzz it actually tells your scores. WDW.. nope.. no score and a boring picture!
That would require TDO to spend money on linking more info to something (score to pic) even though the technology is there.

Voxel

President of Progress City
That would require TDO to spend money on linking more info to something (score to pic) even though the technology is there.
I believe part of this is that the TDO was the original product and DL got a copy and improved. And the fact that Buzz has never gotten a long refurb (The longest being 5 days) could explain why it hasn't been migrated into the system.

dstrawn9889

i don't see how it would affect a ride for more than a day... place camera overnight, run wiring. shutter control switch on track and med-distance rf receiver for magicband near track. timing tweaked over the day closed, set up redemption kiosk, plug into router and point memory maker to new camera system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom