Photos, photos, photos! Coming soon to your favorite attractions!

WDW95

I don't really understand how this would work for Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder.

For other rides, the photos are on display as people are exiting the ride where they can see them and it is fresh in their memory. The Yankee Trader and Briar Patch are several yards away from the exit of their respective rides so what would make the guests venture all the way to that area. There is no guarantee that guests would walk all the way over to those shops after riding to look at their photo. Doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain?

Tigger1988

I don't really understand how this would work for Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder.

For other rides, the photos are on display as people are exiting the ride where they can see them and it is fresh in their memory. The Yankee Trader and Briar Patch are several yards away from the exit of their respective rides so what would make the guests venture all the way to that area. There is no guarantee that guests would walk all the way over to those shops after riding to look at their photo. Doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain?
Photos go straight to your Magic Band.

ABQ

They could have it at the end of the ride, when everyone has a bucket and is bailing water from the bottom of the new ride boats. :)
To be fair, I rode Pirates 5 times this month sitting in the front row twice, the rear once and various middle rows twice. Only once while sitting in the starboard bow did I get wet at all, and that was just a bit on my arm. I was expecting something from The Poseidon Adventure after reading all the extremely dramatic accounts on this forum leading up to my trip and was pleasantly surprised by how inaccurate they appear to be.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
The Pirates drop is unthemed with the lights on. And with it being pitch black, that would be a very mean place to have a flash go off. The other two seem likely, although I hope they use some sort of no-flash system in the hitchhiking ghost room, since that too would be a great annoyance.

This part right here is my biggest problem with this. I'm all for more ride photos. I'm all for them on some of the "classic" attractions. I'm all for them on these 3 attractions. What I dont like is the flash. I'd HATE to have a flash go off in that amazing totally dark drop on Pirates. Haunted Mansion, I could see in other areas how a flash could be hidden (think lightening flashes in windows or something), but in Hitchhiking Ghosts, it feels like it would detract! Big Thunder, as long as it's outside, I have no problem, but in the cave area? That's just something taking you out of theme immediately!
Can Disney somehow come up with some form of flashless flash?

rael ramone

This part right here is my biggest problem with this. I'm all for more ride photos. I'm all for them on some of the "classic" attractions. I'm all for them on these 3 attractions. What I dont like is the flash. I'd HATE to have a flash go off in that amazing totally dark drop on Pirates. Haunted Mansion, I could see in other areas how a flash could be hidden (think lightening flashes in windows or something), but in Hitchhiking Ghosts, it feels like it would detract! Big Thunder, as long as it's outside, I have no problem, but in the cave area? That's just something taking you out of theme immediately!
Can Disney somehow come up with some form of flashless flash?

Nah, in the minds of TDO: Revenue Stream > Maintaining Show

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think that if they wanted a cool spot for Pirates, somewhere embedded in the fort area right as you're turning the corner, so they could get the boat with the pirate ship in the background, that'd be pretty awesome. The flash could be timed with cannon fire at that point.
Still, I'm sure they'll put it on the drop, so you spend all your time in the dark caves, hit the dark drop, get blinded, and your sight finally returns to you around the time of the wench auction.

luv

I think this will be great for all those people who just come once. :) It will also help sell the Magical Memory thing, or whatever the new name for the Photopass is.

jdmdisney99

Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of a HM gift shop? Especially since it makes no since thematically? I guess I'd be fine if they left it as the YT but themed it around the ghost sailor from HM. Otherwise I don't like it. :/

tongaloosh

I've been on the Paris Pirates and I can tell you that people there still take flash photos on the ride, despite the CMs saying "no" over the speakers. One couple took flash photos every 5 ft and it was awful.

The Padholes were plentiful during Dreams and the character greets.
"Padholes" hahaha, that's a great term.

I'm excited for these IF they're done right and unobtrusive.

luv

It's called night blindness.
It's very rare that I actually laugh out loud, but reading that sentence was one occasion. :)

Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of a HM gift shop? Especially since it makes no since thematically? I guess I'd be fine if they left it as the YT but themed it around the ghost sailor from HM. Otherwise I don't like it. :/
I like HM and IASW merchandise, but would prefer to find a section of WoD that had ride-specific merchandise grouped together.

Sometimes, when people get off rides, they have something else to do or somewhere to go and no time to shop. Also, it's no fun to carry a bag around the park. I know they offer services where you can go pick it up elsewhere, but who wants to add waiting in yet another line? Not me.

I'd like to have shopping in the shopping place. WoD, the Emporium, Mouse Gear, that sort of thing. Not that it matters what I want, of course. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom