Photos, photos, photos! Coming soon to your favorite attractions!

SirLink

I remember when I heard certain people had been told about Mansion you would get a Ghost Enchanted Picture of the hitch-hiking ghosts and their shenanigans that they play with you video photo thing... and that was a good while ago.

Wonder what happened to that :eek:

Tom

Beta Return
The Pirates drop is unthemed with the lights on. And with it being pitch black, that would be a very mean place to have a flash go off. The other two seem likely, although I hope they use some sort of no-flash system in the hitchhiking ghost room, since that too would be a great annoyance.

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
The Pirates drop is unthemed with the lights on. And with it being pitch black, that would be a very mean place to have a flash go off. The other two seem likely, although I hope they use some sort of no-flash system in the hitchhiking ghost room, since that too would be a great annoyance.
I'm certain that the unthemed background wouldn't make it in the photo. Space Mountain is the same way... it's just covered up with graphics. Here's how Paris' Pirates Photo looks:

PiratesParis2.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Bummer.

Once you rode Pirates and Mansion in vehicles with fellow guests calmly enjoying the theater. Now you ride them with ill-disciplined muppets screaming and pulling faces to the camera, to get yet more pics of themselves on top of the sixty selfies they take each day.

~ Meanwhile, in between their flash pictures they ask you to please refrain from flash photography ~

Mukta

I love the idea of a HM picture with the ghosts. I have always wanted the HM at DL to do that. I think it makes a great souvenir.

Sped2424

Just a heads up, I received word that the budget was finally approved to install cameras at Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The photo buying areas will go into the Pirates Exit Gift Shop, The Briar Patch Store, and the Yankee Trader gift shop (which will be completely re-themed into a Haunted Mansion store). Mansion is first on the list.

The following part of the post is just rumor...

From what I've heard, the mansion's photo will be taken with the hitchhiking ghosts, pirates will be during the drop, and Thunder Mountain is supposedly getting the photo twice... once on that never-ending turn, and once in the old earthquake scene. Not sure how that last one will work, but if history is any indicator, 1 will probably get budgeted out. Ha ha.
Any idea for when?

MickeyPeace

When I was in MK first week of oct the Yankee Trader already had quite a bit of HM merch in it. I thought that maybe it was just for Halloween but there was more than i had ever seen anywhere. I'm not talking CDs and t shirts. There were hourglasses, coasters, even Christmas ornaments!

Animaniac93-98

You can tell that's Paris by the complete lack of cell phones and iPads In the air. Also by the non-obnoxious 'waist-satchels'.

I've been on the Paris Pirates and I can tell you that people there still take flash photos on the ride, despite the CMs saying "no" over the speakers. One couple took flash photos every 5 ft and it was awful.

The Padholes were plentiful during Dreams and the character greets.

tl77

The only thing I'm surprised about is that they aren't turning the empty Mike Fink Keel Boat Station into a HM gift shop. I guess it's easier to put a new sign up at the Yankee Trader, I just hate seeing empty buildings in WDW

Animaniac93-98

The only thing I'm surprised about is that they aren't turning the empty Mike Fink Keel Boat Station into a HM gift shop. I guess it's easier to put a new sign up at the Yankee Trader, I just hate seeing empty buildings in WDW

The Keelboat dock isn't equipped to function as a store. They'd have to do a lot of rebuild to have stock space, wiring for lights and registers, having a level surface for displays (instead of ramps), shelving, etc.

Yankee Trader is already a store, and one that sells the same junk as everyone else. I'd much prefer it to be location specific in some way.

tl77

The Keelboat dock isn't equipped to function as a store. They'd have to do a lot of rebuild to have stock space, wiring for lights and registers, having a level surface for displays (instead of ramps), shelving, etc.

Yankee Trader is already a store, and one that sells the same junk as everyone else. I'd much prefer it to be location specific in some way.

Yeah I don't have any objection to the Yankee Trader getting re-themed or renamed. My point is that it's also the easier, cheaper, way to create a HM gift shop, then spending the time and money to do something useful with the abandoned Keel Boat station which hasn't been used for anything in like 20 years or more

MissM

I've wondered for years why they didn't offer a photo with the Hitchhiking Ghosts! Seemed like such a natural fit. And, like many, I've been baffled at the lack of a dedicated HM gift shop. So those two things are LONG overdue in my opinion.

BTMRR...eh. It's pretty much my favorite ride but I don't really need a photo from there so it's neutral to me.

Pirates...I agree about the concern over a flash in an otherwise pitch black area. It would totally blind me for the next scene and I would NOT be a fan of a blinding light in the dark. :depressed:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom