Photos, photos, photos! Coming soon to your favorite attractions!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of a HM gift shop? Especially since it makes no since thematically? I guess I'd be fine if they left it as the YT but themed it around the ghost sailor from HM. Otherwise I don't like it. :/
The placement is very strange. You have to exit the physically constrained Mansion "grounds", cross a busy traffic path into Fantasyland, walk through decidedly un haunted Liberty Square theming and into a Cape Cod themed building.

I know its the closest, like someone else said using the defunct keel boats structure would cost more but would make more sense story, ops and theme wise. Shame they didn't have the foresight to incorporate it into a new build if they were doing some heavy engineering in the vicinity sometime recently.

WDWoptmist

It's very rare that I actually laugh out loud, but reading that sentence was one occasion. :)

I like HM and IASW merchandise, but would prefer to find a section of WoD that had ride-specific merchandise grouped together.

Sometimes, when people get off rides, they have something else to do or somewhere to go and no time to shop. Also, it's no fun to carry a bag around the park. I know they offer services where you can go pick it up elsewhere, but who wants to add waiting in yet another line? Not me.

I'd like to have shopping in the shopping place. WoD, the Emporium, Mouse Gear, that sort of thing. Not that it matters what I want, of course. :)
Could not agree more...I want to do my shopping at DD Marketplace and maybe Mousegears as I'm walking out of EC but other than that no thanks...they nail me on impulse buying like getting off PoC and being in the pirate spirit wanting to buy some gear. Damn you Disney for being so good at taking my money lol xD

dreamscometrue

Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of a HM gift shop?

Yes, you are. :)

But, that's okay. One of the most common issues with social media and online forums is the mob mentality and frenzy that often comes in the form of bashing, or occasionally praise, because that's the knee jerk reaction of the masses to any and every bit of news. Good for you for having a mind of your own, lol. ;)

Social media and online forums (including this one) are more typically...

jdmdisney99

Yes, you are. :)

But, that's okay. One of the most common issues with social media and online forums is the mob mentality and frenzy that often comes in the form of bashing, or occasionally praise, because that's the knee jerk reaction of the masses to any and every bit of news. Good for you for having a mind of your own, lol. ;)

Social media and online forums (including this one) are more typically...

Well, it's not that I don't love the idea of HM merch or a gift shop that is small and makes sense thematically. It's that it makes absolutely no sense where it is going. I'm not bashing the idea, I'm dissing the execution of it. That shop is just fine and having a gift shop based on the Mansion outside the gates in a colonial fishing village makes no sense. I prefer the gypsy cart. It made more sense.

Slowjack

Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of a HM gift shop? Especially since it makes no since thematically? I guess I'd be fine if they left it as the YT but themed it around the ghost sailor from HM. Otherwise I don't like it. :/
I would be cool with it, and even like it, if it was a separate place, like Splash does. If it was part of the exit then it's bad show. Sometimes the integrated gift shop works thematically...the Tower of Terror is a hotel, and hotels have gift shops, so that works okay, although it worked a heck of lot better when the shop carried hotel-themed merchandise. On something like Pooh, though, it comes across plainly as the cash grab that it is.

tl77

Actually hearing this HM shop news, that new "ghostly blue" paint job on the Yankee Trader finally makes some sense to me. I guess all they have to do now is change the sign

8560226513_fe93ba5f06.jpg

jdmdisney99

The only way I can see it working is if they set up a little shack at the exit and say they are having an estate sale. Then the merchandise themed to the ghosts and the shop as a whole would make much more sense.

jmuboy

This picture reminds me that for all FL gained thematically and aesthetically from the Tangled restrooms additio that LSq lost. The new wide open walkway is still hard for me to get used too. Makes the Yankee Trader seem sorta stuck out there.

Im fine with a HM gift shop - but agree keelboat landing would have cost more but was a better location.

One looser in this. The Heritage House is going generic. While it's selection of unique patriotic and USA themed items was reduced over time this is one less store selling neat little non Disney items. I guess we will see how all these changes pan out this winter. Other than Main St, Liberty Sq has had the most dumbed down collection of stores roll out over the 20 years. I hate that tiny little shops ( think space the size of the NOS stores at DL) can't be little attractions in their own right. But modern WDW requires every corner of the park to make maximum cash.

Sorry. Rant over. :)

Actually hearing this HM shop news, that new "ghostly blue" paint job on the Yankee Trader finally makes some sense to me. I guess all they have to do now is change the sign

8560226513_fe93ba5f06.jpg

The Empress Lilly

I hate it. Detest it.

For another scandalous result: the Yankee Trader's merch will move to the Heritage House. The upscale merchandise of the HH will disappear. So much for buying Americana in Liberty Square. Or books. Or biographies of US presidents.

From Liberty Square first the silver shop was removed. Then the antique shop. Now the heritage shop. The Phillistines took the classiest theme park area in the world, something that was unique, that elevated the MK experience from ordinary amusement parks, and turned it into crass entertainment for dumbasses.

People who want their children to know who Lincoln is are being driven out by '1000-calorie snack'-gobbling honeybooboos staring at their sixtieth ride pic selfie of their stuffed face while looking for an immediate opportunity to indulge their impulse buy addiction with spending thirty dollars for $0.75 Chinese plastic trinkets.

Animaniac93-98

For another scandalous result: the Yankee Trader's merch will move to the Heritage House. The upscale merchandise of the HH will disappear. So much for buying Americana in Liberty Square. Or books. Or biographies of US presidents.

Last time I was in HH it was mostly Nightmare Before Christmas stuff with only a couple shelves dedicated to Americana items, along with the Family Crest desk (which can also be found at Epcot if it truly leaves MK).

And while I agree with you on principle, I can't say I'm a fan of most post-1980 Americana merch that smells of agenda pushing and policial bias, especially when I can get it for a third of the MK price on Amazon.

Sped2424

I like his info but his delivery is awful. He seems to be very arrogant as of late and I no longer appreciate his attitude.
He means well and is a nice guy, its just some of his posts do display that and some big animosity towards "lifestylers" that comes off way too strong.

bhg469

He means well and is a nice guy, its just some of his posts do display that and some big animosity towards "lifestyh
While agree with him about the pixi dusters he's brutal towards anyone with a different opinion. I have never been the target of is abuse and usually agree with him but he hates on more than just the pixi dusters. And his need to announce how many friends he has that are in the know is silly. I don't even know if he's actually affiliated with D or not nor do I care but if I were or had such knowledge I wouldnt act the same towards people here. Disney deserves the abuse, not the forum members.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

"Padholes" hahaha, that's a great term.

I'm excited for these IF they're done right and unobtrusive.

Like spaceship earth? :banghead: oh wait....yeah they wrecked that too. Now pirates, do we need a camera in our faces in there too? Cant even enjoy a ride anymore. And if one doesnt have a magicband like myself, where does my picture go???

RSoxNo1

Like spaceship earth? :banghead: oh wait....yeah they wrecked that too. Now pirates, do we need a camera in our faces in there too? Cant even enjoy a ride anymore. And if one doesnt have a magicband like myself, where does my picture go???
The same place it went to if you didn't have a photopass card... with all the Snapchat photos that are "Deleted".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom