PHOTOS - New concept art shows more of what we can expect at Disney Springs

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was recently reading about shopping centers and that tenants do not want to tell plans about opening new stores to far in advance. Due to the fact that the parking decks must be opened to make this work, it is still a long time till the shops will be opening. I have been told that there is a list of tenants, but it will not be released for some time to come. An example is the news today about a new store (Market COOP) opening early in 2014. I think that is what we will see with all of this project.
This is exactly right.

lebeau

Given Disney's track record of late, it's hard for me to get too excited about concept art these days. I'll get excited when they build something worth visiting. So, 2018 maybe?

sloppy.joey

I found a list of tenants..

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum..

I kid, I kid..
Dang , you got me excited. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur is one of my favorites, they would've been great! :p

Tonka's Skipper

The boats are likely similar to the small boats that now run in WDW, with what looks to me to be 1957 body over it.....interesting possibilities!.;)

I love the idea of the raised track or maybe more like a raised highway, EI the old West Side Highway on Manhattan.

The 2 level idea is great, providing extra walking space and maybe table and chairs, small food stands.

Personally the guy that came up with that idea should get a promotion and raise!

The more you look at the art would the more interesting things show up.:)

AKK

imagineer boy

It looks nice, but I can't say I'm too terribly excited about it. To be honest, the new architecture is really nothing all that new in terms of what Disney has done in the past. I much prefer the "Urban Disney" look that the West Side has.

Tonka's Skipper

Hello Imaginer Boy,

I guess its all about personal taste. Personally I like the more country, casual design. Not so much into *urban/ city design*

I do like the elevated track/highway piece.

AKK

bhg469

The Pictures look great, but I just hope Disney is not planning on using this to reduce the other parks hours.
I think that is happening regardless. Sadly when I do for my solo spring trip for work, if the hours of at least one park aren't until after 9 Im not going. I'm probably not going anyway but this will not help. If you're not a family with young kids, or no taste, Disney is doing nothing to earn your money.

raymusiccity

Hello Imaginer Boy,

I guess its all about personal taste. Personally I like the more country, casual design. Not so much into *urban/ city design*

I do like the elevated track/highway piece.

AKK

I'm not sold on the elevated walkway portion of the development. Unless there's a strong presence up there, stores on the second floor usually languish. They'll probably do better with food and drink venues where people can linger over the views and 'people watch' what's going on below them. (2nd level of City Walk in LA has several dead spots.)

As a side note, does anyone know what's in store for Planet Hollywood besides the new moniker of the 'Observatory' ?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm not sold on the elevated walkway portion of the development. Unless there's a strong presence up there, stores on the second floor usually languish. They'll probably do better with food and drink venues where people can linger over the views and 'people watch' what's going on below them. (2nd level of City Walk in LA has several dead spots.)

As a side note, does anyone know what's in store for Planet Hollywood besides the new moniker of the 'Observatory' ?

I believe the second story is just going to be a sitting area, and that there will be no stores up there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom