PHOTOS - New concept art shows more of what we can expect at Disney Springs

Ignohippo

Wow! How amazingly generic!

Seriously. The architectural style looks exactly like what's already there and was designed in the 80's. There is nothing in that concept art that couldn't have been designed when the place opened. Hyperion Wharf this ain't.

I am incredibly concerned by the total lack of imagination with this project. I could name 3 malls here in my hometown that have more style than Disney Springs appears as though it's (not) going to have.

Whatever happened to Disney breaking new ground and being a trendsetter?

The Empress Lilly

Is that the Empress with smokestacks?
:geek:

Maybe now that Brian Britton has jumped ship from Disney to Levy restaurants he'll get his flagship WDW restaurant restored?

disney-springs_Full_19826.jpg;width=638

71jason

The concept art can look as nice as possible, but until we get the names of tenants, all they are building are pretty empty boxes...

Agreed, all the logos are abstract shapes. Overall, 75% Celebration, 25% Premium Outlet Mall.

The art looks very nice, although I notice a trend in recent Disney concept art where guests look like painted-over Photoshops and are as sloppily dressed as real life. I remember the days when a group of guests in Disney concept art would be elegant, stylish, and include three nuns.:)

Having just spent a couple hours at DTD, the real problem with the artwork is the lack of double-wide strollers, ECVs, people stopped in the middle of the walkway to take a random picture ...

EpcoTim

Seriously....you're going to complain about how the guests are portrayed in the concept art? Say that out loud! Guests, unfortunately, are dressed more sloppily than in the past....it is what it is.

I don't see any complaining, just an observation and one I noticed too.

Tonka's Skipper

You are so right.

Does WDW have tenants already set up for this, they did have many years to get great tenants set up for this. Are they just not telling us yet? If they have not yet secured tenants isn't that a little bit like putting the cart before the horse? How do they know how big to make each area or building if no tenants are giving them square footage needs?

Just because they have not announced the stores and restaurants, doesn't mean they have not been talking to various parties and signing them.:)

Time will tell.

AKK

wdw71fan

I found a list of tenants..

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum..

I kid, I kid..

WDWDad13

I found a list of tenants..

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum..

I kid, I kid..

you must have copied that from the healthcare.gov website lol

Mouse Detective

All the artwork just makes it look like an outlet mall.

Oh come on, that's not true. Look at that Landing/Classic Old Boats restaurant down by the water with the little shops on the side. I don't know of any outlet or regular mall that looks anything like that. Maybe there are some but not many and not known by a majority of visitors.

I found a list of tenants. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

I think this will be Excepteur sint occaecat first store in the United States! Bring it on!

Daannzzz

What is with the railroad track platforms. If I were one of the execs and this was presented to me, I'd slap their face and fire them on the spot.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
You are so right.

Does WDW have tenants already set up for this, they did have many years to get great tenants set up for this. Are they just not telling us yet? If they have not yet secured tenants isn't that a little bit like putting the cart before the horse? How do they know how big to make each area or building if no tenants are giving them square footage needs?

I was recently reading about shopping centers and that tenants do not want to tell plans about opening new stores to far in advance. Due to the fact that the parking decks must be opened to make this work, it is still a long time till the shops will be opening. I have been told that there is a list of tenants, but it will not be released for some time to come. An example is the news today about a new store (Market COOP) opening early in 2014. I think that is what we will see with all of this project.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom