PHOTOS - New concept art of Pete's Silly Sideshow meet and greet

Rescue Ranger

It looks very cool and I like the theming and all, but if Pete himself will not be a part of this, whats the point?
A meet n' greet with him was what I was excited about. They really need to start showcasing some "new", yet classic characters. This expansion offers so much. To not have Pete, Timothy Mouse, Dumbo, etc etc, I do not get it.

JustInTime

I love it but this makes me wonder why they did wait for Miceky's M&G here and jus put him in a temporary location until it opens. Magic Mickey would have fit perfectly in that theme.

IWant2GoNow

Very interesting. Is there any possibility that this M&G will showcase the "living character" technology that was shown off what seems like a year ago or more? If it did, I think it would be a HUGE draw. Even more so than it will be already. What made me think about that was the "LIVE!" & "REAL!" that separate the characters on each poster. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disney may also want to keep Mickey where he is so that they have the parks signature character right up front instead of buried all the way in the back of the park.

I could see them using some living character technology here. I was just at DCA and the talking Mickey is being used in some of the street shows now.

skinde

I’m happy about the set-up of the sideshow because it reminds of the Toontown Fair set-up with lines to meet so many different characters. I too hope we get to see more classic and obscure characters from Disney films, etc., as it would make it so much more enjoyable, different, and like Toontown before the Princess specific meet and greets. How cool would it be to meet Pete and Oswald who have pretty much never been seen, or the 3 Little Pigs who are only in parades?!? I think Disney Channel is doing an awesome job helping kids recognize such classic Disney characters again, and hope we get to see a response to that knowledge soon in the parks! If 6 year olds know who Clarabelle, Pete, and Horace are, that's huge, and we should be able to see them! Kids even know Oswald now from games and merchandise... It seems like a no-brainer.

wiigirl

That looks good, it looks like you get to meet both characters in the line you choose, which is gonna be great!

Really great! :D

75.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

So apparently Pete isn't coming but just a huge standee and I'm glad they changed rumor of Goofy being a magician and changing to him a pilot makes a heck of a difference.

Also noticed that they REALLY Like using Pete's Head and a Floating hand with him when they make a sign...

Pete's Garage at Toontown Fair
mickeys-toontown-disney-picture-026.JPG

Silly Side Show sign
Fantasyland_Full_16101.jpg

RedtoGray

I think they really need Pete for this. My 4-year-old loves Pete. He's a pretty prominent character in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Disney probably felt he was a little too scary for a meet and greet I guess.

wannab@dis

This....took two years?
No kidding! They could have opened last year with a crane drop, fake rock climbs, and steel mesh maze to get back to the tiny corner for this M&G! (Hard hats optional) The real attraction was the (killer) E-ticket pathway lined by accidental death insurance sales people for your photo op with death defying Goofini.

Sometimes the malcontents try too hard to be, well, malcontent. :rolleyes:

asianway

Dear Disney,

Please stop expanding the parks with more offerings - I am not impressed.

With love,
AsianWay
More offerings? These characters will move from the current locations along with more cuts to compensate for the multiple rooms within the tent.

Tokyo changes costumes on the characters quarterly, these will be there for ten years minimum.

So no, I'm not impressed...nice that the two of you are delighted by "shiny things" though!

Vader2112

Have to say I am dissapointed that this is a meet and greet. Could have done so much more!
Dark Ride/Animatronic show with the charecters in these setting performing the acts....:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom