PHOTOS - New concept art of Pete's Silly Sideshow meet and greet

mharrington

I thought their we're actually going to be sideshows/ circus performances while waiting for dumbo...in the concept art you see magicians an people juggling...I'm not see about this. it will have to be one of those wait an see kind of things but too bad theirs no mickey

Or Pluto, for that matter.

ZaneB

The Pete out the front would be a great animatronic!

I know were talking about WDW here, but a lot of you mentioned M & G with old characters. That sounds like a great idea for Buena Vista Street in DCA :D

Magic Lamp

I wasn't sold on the Storybook Circus concept at first. I wish they had built Never Never Land or Wonderland or something there instead of the Dumbo-themed area...but now that I'm seeing it come to life, I really am liking it so far. I think it will be fun for younger kids.
I wasn't too fond on the whole circus theme but I'm an advocate of excellent theming and so far Storybook Circus is proving the case. In fact, I think it's refreshing to have a whole themed area to include the random fab five characters, giving us oldies something to reminisce about (think of old Disney cartoons) and the kids can indulge in a new interactive way with them.

Vader2112

My mother used to tell me that the only people who get bored are those without imaginations.

I wasn't sold on the Storybook Circus concept at first. I wish they had built Never Never Land or Wonderland or something there instead of the Dumbo-themed area...but now that I'm seeing it come to life, I really am liking it so far. I think it will be fun for younger kids.

While you say your kids will be "bored" quickly I think most kids that age will enjoy it during their early-childhood visits to the park and then will graduate to other attractions, which is kind of what I think Disney's intent was. The whole Storbybook Circus area is for little kids, really. I find it hard to imagine kids being "bored" with the Splash and Spray Area. Looks like most kids have to be pulled away from that place when their parents want to leave. Hardly "boring" from the anecdotal evidence accumulating so far.
Sorry I was referring g just to the Pete meet and greet. We have already bee to Story Book Circus and we loved it as well. For all the talk about the interactive que I thought it was great. Casey Junior a fun new thing just get rid of the fence.
The art work does look cool for Pete's but maybe I was dreaming and imagining something more.
Over all I think FLE looks like a winner.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Haha after what ZaneB said I got a great picture in my mind of them building a Pete animatronic similar to Mr. Potato Head in TSMM! I think this would be really cool and something to keep people entertained!

Looking at the pictures, it looks like a big plywood cutout, but really, it would be an awesome place for a Barker Pete animatronic. It really would be perfect. While they are at it, dust off the other barker birds and put them back in their rightful place!

Patricia Melton

Sorry I was referring g just to the Pete meet and greet. We have already bee to Story Book Circus and we loved it as well. For all the talk about the interactive que I thought it was great. Casey Junior a fun new thing just get rid of the fence.
The art work does look cool for Pete's but maybe I was dreaming and imagining something more.
Over all I think FLE looks like a winner.

Pete's Sideshow was always just supposed to be a Meet & Greet with the main Disney characters dressed up in circus sideshow costumes. It essentially replaces the Toontown Fair thing that had the characters there. I still don't see how your kids would find this any more "boring" than any other Meet & Greet. It's just a chance to get pictures taken with the characters in one of the tents. Not sure what else you were expecting.

Another tent will be merchandise.

The third tent looks like it will be food options and I think I read it will have an open kitchen setup where you can see all the food being made, so that is kind of fun. I don't know if your kids will find that "boring" or not but I think having the Meet & Great, the merchandise tent, and then the food option right there by the other fun things to do in the Circus land makes the whole place feel complete. There are plenty of exciting things for kids to do, and then a chance to get a picture taken, buy some stuff if you want, and then eat something. All the bases look pretty well covered.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Pete's Sideshow was always just supposed to be a Meet & Greet with the main Disney characters dressed up in circus sideshow costumes. It essentially replaces the Toontown Fair thing that had the characters there. I still don't see how your kids would find this any more "boring" than any other Meet & Greet. It's just a chance to get pictures taken with the characters in one of the tents. Not sure what else you were expecting.

Another tent will be merchandise.

The third tent looks like it will be food options and I think I read it will have an open kitchen setup where you can see all the food being made, so that is kind of fun. I don't know if your kids will find that "boring" or not but I think having the Meet & Great, the merchandise tent, and then the food option right there by the other fun things to do in the Circus land makes the whole place feel complete. There are plenty of exciting things for kids to do, and then a chance to get a picture taken, buy some stuff if you want, and then eat something. All the bases look pretty well covered.

The open kitchen will be in the merchandise tent. I had been leaning towards the thrid tent being food, but I am not entirely sure about this now. There have been permits of a number of food carts around the area, and we now know that the merchandise tent will be selling the sweet treats, do there seems to be less and less of a reason for that third tent to be food. Still could be, just not sure.

Patricia Melton

The open kitchen will be in the merchandise tent. I had been leaning towards the thrid tent being food, but I am not entirely sure about this now. There have been permits of a number of food carts around the area, and we now know that the merchandise tent will be selling the sweet treats, do there seems to be less and less of a reason for that third tent to be food. Still could be, just not sure.

I thought that the merchandise tent would have sweet foods -- like candy apples, caramel corn, chocolate bananas, etc. -- circus sweets.

And then I thought the third tent (the yellow tent) would have carnival type food that was savory and more lunch appropriate...corn dogs, fries, etc. And I thought there'd be seating room inside there too.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought that the merchandise tent would have sweet foods -- like candy apples, caramel corn, chocolate bananas, etc. -- circus sweets.

And then I thought the third tent (the yellow tent) would have carnival type food that was savory and more lunch appropriate...corn dogs, fries, etc. And I thought there'd be seating room inside there too.

The permits have confirmed that there will be seperate kiosks for Hot Dogs, Popcorn, and Pretzels. It's possible the third tent will just be an under-cover seating area.

mharrington

The Pete out the front would be a great animatronic!

I know were talking about WDW here, but a lot of you mentioned M & G with old characters. That sounds like a great idea for Buena Vista Street in DCA :D

I have not yet been to BVS, but I really don't know if they have the room for any meet-n-greets. And even if they did, I would not think that they would fit in BVS because they were not yet created in 1923 (or at least during Walt's first few years in L.A.).

ellie-badge

I meant to comment on this the other day, but I love the concept art!

I think we were all sort of hoping for Pete to make an appearance as a Meet & Greet character, but alas, we probably should have known better than to get our hopes up. Regardless, I'll have a fun time getting to meet the characters in their circus attire! :D

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I meant to comment on this the other day, but I love the concept art!

I think we were all sort of hoping for Pete to make an appearance as a Meet & Greet character, but alas, we probably should have known better than to get our hopes up. Regardless, I'll have a fun time getting to meet the characters in their circus attire! :D

And lets not forget that characters can change very easily. Even if Pete isn't there when it opens doesn't mean they couldn't add him some day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom