PHOTOS - New concept art of Pete's Silly Sideshow meet and greet

spacemt354

Chili's
I think this is just fine. I think if you were expecting any more than this, you were setting yourself up for disappointment. I mean wasn't Pete's Silly Sideshow always supposed to be a M&G?

And no this did not take 2 years to build. When Storybook Circus soft opened back in March, this phase of the project barely began. And from the concept art, it looks like a very elaborate area with a lot of detail. In addition, Pete's Silly Sideshow is also opening up with the Big Top Gift Shop with the bakery as well as the quick service restaurant (and they just started that construction a month ago). So this isn't the only thing opening up in 2013, and at most it would be a little over a year for this whole area to open up.

As for the "better use" of the area, when is the last time someone saw an elaborate dark ride in the middle of a circus? I don't think that would have fit with the theme of the land. Perhaps a show? Sure, that would have been nice, but the Magic Kingdom already has a bunch of shows (Country Bears, Tiki Room, CoP, Laugh Floor, Hall of Presidents, Philarmagic) Adding another show, to me at least, will either take time away from the other great MK shows, or provide a show I'll only see every once in a while simply because I don't have time. I'm sure people can also say that M&G's are everywhere, but I think that is a little different.

I'm older now, so I don't go to the M&G's anymore. But we go down to Disney with my smaller cousins all the time. One of the biggest thrills for them is meeting the characters. That is one of their major attractions, it's something that they "ride" everytime we go down. And for the parents, it's also a big thrill to see their sons and daughters taking pictures with the characters and getting autographs. A M&G is something that can be duplicated at other parks (with Bugs Bunny etc) but there is something nostaglic about meeting the Fab Five and other Disney characters inside the Disney Parks. It's something special, and in no way do I think this is a cop out of imaginaiton or creativity. It's something that brings joy to kids, kids at heart, and parents as well. Having some of the favorite characters (Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy) all in one well-themed circus area, I think is a great idea, and it's what I thought Pete's Silly Sideshow would be the whole time. So I look forward to seeing the finished product in 2013.

drew81

I love Nemo...but I agree. Decent show writing isn't ABUNDANT, but it isn't altogether absent either. Of course the fact that they have such a fantastic show at Animal Kingdom makes it even more frustrating to see something like the old Prince Caspian...

Dare I mention Supersonic Celebration ??

LOL

spacemt354

Chili's
It closed in February 2011. Two years.

Dumbo, Train Station, Casey Jr began construction after Feb. 2011, and they took about a year to build. Phase 2 of storybook circus (the tents) didn't begin construction until at the earliest Fall 2011. So why are you saying they took two years to build? That doesn't make sense.

WDWYankee15

Will Minnie still be appearing with Mickey in her classic costume in the Town Square Theater on Main St?

Will Donald, Goofy, and Daisy still appear in their other locations in the park? If not who will be replacing them in those locations?

asianway

Will Minnie still be appearing with Mickey in her classic costume in the Town Square Theater on Main St?

Will Donald, Goofy, and Daisy still appear in their other locations in the park? If not who will be replacing them in those locations?
Nobody knows, but I would think cuts are likely. Prediction would be munks move back to flagpole, everything else is a cut.

WDWYankee15

Nobody knows, but I would think cuts are likely. Prediction would be munks move back to flagpole, everything else is a cut.

I'm sure somebody knows. Disney is very thoughtful and these decisions have been talked about and made. I'm also pretty sure that psome eople that our on these forums has the asnwer or at least has heard the rumors.

drew81

She could show up there from time to time, but I wouldn't bank on it. I doubt you'll see the VIPS meeting anywhere else in the park.

BrightImagine

That art is very nice and unique. I was really hoping for Pete and Humphrey and Oswald and even others, but at the same time I knew I wouldn't get them.

I really wish that WDW would make a permanent spot for fans to go find rare characters. Sort of like the Animation building at DHS, but higher profile and all day long. A few rare characters could appear at a time and rotate throughout the day. It would be such a treat for adult fans like those who come here, or for young Disney aficionados. I can't imagine it being that hard to implement - just take some old characters out of storage once in a while - and it would be a great training area for cast.

ToTBellHop

She could show up there from time to time, but I wouldn't bank on it. I doubt you'll see the VIPS meeting anywhere else in the park.
Traditionally, they shouldn't. There would be a real problem if on the Times Guide it said "Meet Minnie Mouse at Pete's Silly Side Show 9 am to 9 pm" and "Meet Minnie Mouse at Town Square Theater 9 am to 9 pm." There's only one Minnie Mouse.

asianway

Traditionally, they shouldn't. There would be a real problem if on the Times Guide it said "Meet Minnie Mouse at Pete's Silly Side Show 9 am to 9 pm" and "Meet Minnie Mouse at Town Square Theater 9 am to 9 pm." There's only one Minnie Mouse.
There is already zero character integrity at the MK between TST, Dream Along. MiSiCi, and the parades. Why would that matter?

Patricia Melton

I know! I mean 2 years and the only thing they were working on was this one thing! I mean, if only they would have added in some other parts to this FLE, I can't believe that it's only one tent with a M&G!

I like your sarcasm. You nailed the malcontents' wails PERFECTLY.

Patricia Melton

Have to say I am dissapointed that this is a meet and greet. Could have done so much more!
Dark Ride/Animatronic show with the charecters in these setting performing the acts....:(

Someone is always disappointed no matter what DIsney does...while meanwhile someone else loves it. Glass half empty or half full, depending on each person. Sorry you won't like this but my niece and nephew are going to LOVE it.

Vader2112

Someone is always disappointed no matter what DIsney does...while meanwhile someone else loves it. Glass half empty or half full, depending on each person. Sorry you won't like this but my niece and nephew are going to LOVE it.
True. It's just they are doing so much work for FLE. The rock work and theming look beautiful.
story book circus is a vast improvent over toon town although I loved to go there to get away from the crowds. My thought is that they could have done more with the space than a meet and greet sure my kids will like it they are 2 and 4. They will be bored with it quickly.

Patricia Melton

True. It's just they are doing so much work for FLE. The rock work and theming look beautiful.
story book circus is a vast improvent over toon town although I loved to go there to get away from the crowds. My thought is that they could have done more with the space than a meet and greet sure my kids will like it they are 2 and 4. They will be bored with it quickly.

My mother used to tell me that the only people who get bored are those without imaginations.

I wasn't sold on the Storybook Circus concept at first. I wish they had built Never Never Land or Wonderland or something there instead of the Dumbo-themed area...but now that I'm seeing it come to life, I really am liking it so far. I think it will be fun for younger kids.

While you say your kids will be "bored" quickly I think most kids that age will enjoy it during their early-childhood visits to the park and then will graduate to other attractions, which is kind of what I think Disney's intent was. The whole Storbybook Circus area is for little kids, really. I find it hard to imagine kids being "bored" with the Splash and Spray Area. Looks like most kids have to be pulled away from that place when their parents want to leave. Hardly "boring" from the anecdotal evidence accumulating so far.

Biff215

I'm not sure how these could be considered "cuts". If we still have the same characters available then nothing was lost. To me it sounds like a gain as I can now look forward to some A/C while waiting in line!

Adam5897

I thought their we're actually going to be sideshows/ circus performances while waiting for dumbo...in the concept art you see magicians an people juggling...I'm not see about this. it will have to be one of those wait an see kind of things but too bad theirs no mickey

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom