PHOTOS - New concept art of Pete's Silly Sideshow meet and greet

Vader2112

Have to say I am dissapointed that this is a meet and greet. Could have done so much more!
Dark Ride/Animatronic show with the charecters in these setting performing the acts....:(
Oh... and what about Pete will he be there? If So will he be Old School Pete or the new one that is kinda dopey like on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?

Piebald

I'm curious to see how this shifts characters around the park. As it stands now goofy and donald meet in adventurand and frontierland respectively. Daisy and Pluto meet in the front. The selections are kind of bland if you're sick of seeing the fab five every corner you turn. (I once saw goofy in front of pirates, and minutes later dancing in tomorrowland, while performing in the castle show.)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm confused. Was there ever a point when this was discussed as something other than a meet and greet, from an official (not armchair engineering) perspective? I thought it was always understood as a M&G?

Personally, I think it will be very nice for what it is, and my children will love it. I'm do kind of wish that they had not separated out the lines, and it operated more like the Epcot character zone, where one line got you all of them. I can't imagine my kids would want ONLY to see 2 of the 4 available, which means 2 lines to stand in. I'm sure from a throughput standpoint, this might make sense in some way.

asianway

I'm curious to see how this shifts characters around the park. As it stands now goofy and donald meet in adventurand and frontierland respectively. Daisy and Pluto meet in the front. The selections are kind of bland if you're sick of seeing the fab five every corner you turn. (I once saw goofy in front of pirates, and minutes later dancing in tomorrowland, while performing in the castle show.)
They actually have Donald situated in FrL where you can see him in two places when MiSiCi passes thru

asianway

Have to say I am dissapointed that this is a meet and greet. Could have done so much more!
Dark Ride/Animatronic show with the charecters in these setting performing the acts....:(
Or a character based show, kind of like the way the tent was used when it was Birthdayland or Starland. But that would require innovation

drew81

It looks very cool and I like the theming and all, but if Pete himself will not be a part of this, whats the point?
A meet n' greet with him was what I was excited about. They really need to start showcasing some "new", yet classic characters. This expansion offers so much. To not have Pete, Timothy Mouse, Dumbo, etc etc, I do not get it.

I've still heard Oswald may show up at somepoint but it won't be at Pete's.

asianway

Oh... and what about Pete will he be there? If So will he be Old School Pete or the new one that is kinda dopey like on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?
No Pete-this was a lot of wishful thinking...the reality is that Pete as a dedicated MnG would be popular for a while, then slowly have attendance declines. Kind of like Fig-zilla at Epcot. They built this for the long haul.

alissafalco

No Pete-this was a lot of wishful thinking...the reality is that Pete as a dedicated MnG would be popular for a while, then slowly have attendance declines. Kind of like Fig-zilla at Epcot. They built this for the long haul.

eh, even if his popularity were to go down they could still have him. Maybe just have him walk around and make cameo's with the other characters and not have 1 dedicated spot for him.

asianway

eh, even if his popularity were to go down they could still have him. Maybe just have him walk around and make cameo's with the other characters and not have 1 dedicated spot for him.
Absolutely-but what everyone needs to understand is that entertainment does not do that anymore. They set a staffing model twice a year, aka a bid change, that is followed to the letter. Unlike DL where they schedule a group, and then daily set the actual characters who are going to appear.

phi2134

In all there are only two new rides in the whole expansion...three if you count the second Dumbo that was added. This expansion is pretty weak in my opinion. Most of what is being added is just another extra revenue producing location i.e.: food, merchandise and PhotoPass designed to seem entertaining. Once again in my opinion is just another addition to the Disney nickel & dime experience.

I know, look at how quick the DCA project was completed...and that was almost an entire park. I don't think Buena Vista Street took even a year to complete.

If Disney would have opened this as soon as they could have completed it, people would have been complaining about them not waiting to open this meet and greet until the rest of the land was finished. There are plenty of reasons why this is being opened later anywhere from resources, to money, to maybe they just wanted to space things out and had only so much money allocated for each phase. This has nothing to do with construction or a complicated project....This is opening soon because its when it was possible and most beneficial for Disney to open it.

ToTBellHop

And decent show writing, which obviously isn't abundant in WD Entertainment.
I love Nemo...but I agree. Decent show writing isn't ABUNDANT, but it isn't altogether absent either. Of course the fact that they have such a fantastic show at Animal Kingdom makes it even more frustrating to see something like the old Prince Caspian...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep thats exactly it. The fans may want the exotic characters for a while, but the majority want the fab 5.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm confused. Was there ever a point when this was discussed as something other than a meet and greet, from an official (not armchair engineering) perspective? I thought it was always understood as a M&G?

Personally, I think it will be very nice for what it is, and my children will love it. I'm do kind of wish that they had not separated out the lines, and it operated more like the Epcot character zone, where one line got you all of them. I can't imagine my kids would want ONLY to see 2 of the 4 available, which means 2 lines to stand in. I'm sure from a throughput standpoint, this might make sense in some way.

Nope, there was never any indication that this was going to be more then a M&G.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom