News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

IMDREW

I like the bunting, i think. The blue is miles better than the purple, but i think a darker blue would be even more beautiful. I thought i was finally getting used to the dirty pink, but then i came across a photo of how it looked before today and its just such a shame.

aladdin2007

I always seem to be on the positive side of things...and I am again. 🤣

I can't understand the issue - it looks like any princess movie where the castle would be decorated with "swag" for some big celebration. I mean, isn't that kind of the point? It's supposed to look like a fairytale - and in this fairytale the kingdom is throwing a party!

I like it. :)

and there lies the problem, that was never the intent of the castle. But now it has to be a plastic looking toy for generic princess ip and instagramming purposes and that's that, how dare it have anything to do with WDW or its original look. That would just be too fitting.

dreday3

and there lies the problem, that was never the intent of the castle. But now it has to be a plastic looking toy for generic princess ip and instagramming purposes and that's that, how dare it have anything to do with WDW or its original look. That would just be too fitting.

That doesn't even make sense.

It was never the intent of the castle? Cinderella's castle? It was never meant to have any kind of celebration? Are you saying Cinderella and family would never decorate the outside of their castle for a big celebration? It's a "fake" castle being decorated for a "fake"(but not really) celebration. Maybe you don't like the decor, but please don't argue intent.

I mean geez, Cinderella is decorating her house for an anniversary shindig for Magic Kingdom's 50th....I think that's pretty nice of her. ;)

Last edited:

TTA94

They could have painted the entire castle a glittery pastel rainbow like the 50th logo lol.

Attachments

• 4C5738E9-ED8B-480D-965C-4788A397DF72.jpeg
    4C5738E9-ED8B-480D-965C-4788A397DF72.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 52

aladdin2007

That doesn't even make sense.

It was never the intent of the castle? Cinderella's castle? It was never meant to have any kind of celebration? Are you saying Cinderella and family would never decorate the outside of their castle for a big celebration? It's a "fake" castle being decorated for a "fake"(but not really) celebration. Maybe you don't like the decor, but please don't argue intent.

I mean geez, Cinderella is decorating her house for an anniversary shindig for Magic Kingdom's 50th....I think that's pretty nice of her. ;)

calm down nothing to lose your head over. I was merely commenting the intent was for it to never just be about every princess movie or generic princess theme, which it has become.

Last edited:

TTA94

Anxious to see if the same style castle decorations make their way to Main Street. Except hopefully those will be fabric.

Otamin

That blue looks a lot better, even if I'd still personally prefer something a little darker.

It's still baffling the iridescent purple/blue was even approved in the first place, but I guess that's just a sign of the company today.

Hopefully the pink will change too, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

_caleb

I actually like how the “bunting” visually breaks up the mass of gray stone castle walls. I believe those are deliberately large and slab-sided to create a forced perspective to make the castle seem larger and taller, but somehow these horizontal decorations help balance the proportions of the whole thing. The pink color (maybe because it’s darker that what used to be there) threw things off for me. This is nice.

GimpYancIent

I actually like how the “bunting” visually breaks up the mass of gray stone castle walls. I believe those are deliberately large and slab-sided to create a forced perspective to make the castle seem larger and taller, but somehow these horizontal decorations help balance the proportions of the whole thing. The pink color (maybe because it’s darker that what used to be there) threw things off for me. This is nice.
Yes it is nice! Hopefully the sun will bleach out the pink.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom