Photopass CD price to raise to $149 on June 16th

stmize

Just pre-ordered my photopass for our trip in 2 weeks time. Found this on another site and it worked. Only paid $84.96 including delivery. Much better than paying $149.99 if I wait till I get there!!!

Save 15% on a "Pre-ordered" PhotoPass CD when you enter code 9VISARD15 at checkout and click APPLY. The final price should come to $84.96. Offer expires 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time on 6/15/09

thanks just pre-ordered mine but they charged me tax (84.96 + 5.10=90.06) which is still a good deal

Ghall

thanks just pre-ordered mine but they charged me tax (84.96 + 5.10=90.06) which is still a good deal

Glad it worked, it's better than paying $149.99! Mine was an international order so I wasn't charged the tax plus I got free international shipping which I think was a really good deal. We usually buy our photopass CD at the parks but you can't add the borders to the photos.

WDWNooby

Just pre-ordered my photopass for our trip in 2 weeks time. Found this on another site and it worked. Only paid $84.96 including delivery. Much better than paying $149.99 if I wait till I get there!!!

Save 15% on a "Pre-ordered" PhotoPass CD when you enter code 9VISARD15 at checkout and click APPLY. The final price should come to $84.96. Offer expires 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time on 6/15/09

Yep, I pre-ordered mine with this exact same code. It's our first trip and I wanted to be sure to get as many pictures as possible...with me in them not behind the camera :D

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
hmmmmmmmmm...I'd be more willing to pay $90 for the pre-order since I'm going with a "virgin" in November and want to get as many photos as possible.

Question hasn't been answered yet - If we pre-order for an upcoming trip - will the $90 pre-order price still be valid? Do the pre-order CDs expire?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
hmmmmmmmmm...I'd be more willing to pay $90 for the pre-order since I'm going with a "virgin" in November and want to get as many photos as possible.

Question hasn't been answered yet - If we pre-order for an upcoming trip - will the $90 pre-order price still be valid? Do the pre-order CDs expire?
I do not have conformation but it is my understanding that the pre-orders will be $99 and do not expire.

dreamfinder

I do not have conformation but it is my understanding that the pre-orders will be $99 and do not expire.

Nothing is posted about the pre-orders expiring. However, many people have reported that the code no longer works when they go to use it after a few months. My last cd I preordered about 4 months prior to the trip, and needed to have them reactivate it. The Photopass website staff tiptoes around the question by saying that the only people who should know about the pre-order are those who received an email from Disney about 2 weeks prior to their trip, so there should be plenty of time to order the cd before the photos expire, but never officially say anything about an expiration date on a cd preorder.

NewfieFan

Nothing is posted about the pre-orders expiring. However, many people have reported that the code no longer works when they go to use it after a few months. My last cd I preordered about 4 months prior to the trip, and needed to have them reactivate it. The Photopass website staff tiptoes around the question by saying that the only people who should know about the pre-order are those who received an email from Disney about 2 weeks prior to their trip, so there should be plenty of time to order the cd before the photos expire, but never officially say anything about an expiration date on a cd preorder.

So, the question then becomes will they reactivate the code for us!?! We all know about the pre-order price and anybody who's planning on buying the CD would be a fool not use it. I read over on Allears that you can even use the pre-order price after your trip!

My trip is not until Aug. 24 and I am taking a first timer with us as well! I had full intentions of getting the CD but would like to save myself the increase! What's the worst thing that could happen... my code would expire and they would have to refund me the money... right!?!

dreamfinder

So, the question then becomes will they reactivate the code for us!?! We all know about the pre-order price and anybody who's planning on buying the CD would be a fool not use it. I read over on Allears that you can even use the pre-order price after your trip!

My trip is not until Aug. 24 and I am taking a first timer with us as well! I had full intentions of getting the CD but would like to save myself the increase! What's the worst thing that could happen... my code would expire and they would have to refund me the money... right!?!

Usually they have had no problems re-instating the code, just make sure not to wait til the very end in case it takes a few days. If they for some reason choose not to re-instate it, then yes, you should be able to get a refund as they offer them if you choose not to order the cd after your trip.

The whole process is a little confusing as the various groups and dept's involved don't talk to each other, and don't make the details clear.

MM15Disney

I'm not sure if I am going to get one this year or not. I have two trips within weeks of each other, would you buy for that reason :shrug:

I pre-ordered last year and it is nice to have all the pictures on my computer and can print as many as I want and the size I want and would not spend that much. Their prints are not exactly cheap. Do you still get a free 5x7 print per person with the MYW package? I know I should get one for the Disney Visa meet & greet photo session. I'll have to make sure I get the photographer to also use my camera...I didn't do that last year. It's nice not to have to pull your camera out every time to get a picture with everyone in your family. But the price, not sure if it's really worth it or not.

JCtheparrothead

We usually go to WDW with a pretty big group...8-12 people. We found that if you each got a card and at the end put all of your photo passes together it was actually quite affordable...but we took pictures everywhere. When we went in 2008 it seemed that they cut way back on the photo pass staff and it was hard to find them and when you did they was a decent line. I enjoy the service and it makes it easier when you divide the 150.00 by 3 or 4 family members....but this might be a budget cut for our family this year.

NewfieFan

Usually they have had no problems re-instating the code, just make sure not to wait til the very end in case it takes a few days. If they for some reason choose not to re-instate it, then yes, you should be able to get a refund as they offer them if you choose not to order the cd after your trip.

The whole process is a little confusing as the various groups and dept's involved don't talk to each other, and don't make the details clear.

Thank you for the response!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom