Photopass CD price to raise to $149 on June 16th

skeeder

What are the advantages of a photopass?

We love the cool customization you can do with Disney's Photopass. Advantages are:

1. You can add cool borders (borders that reflect each park, seasonal borders, borders for event parties).

2. You can add characters to your picture.

3. If you have your picture taken with a character you can add the characters autograph onto the picture.

4. There are numerous ways to customize your pictures.

5. You can also crop and resize your pictures.

6. You can make your pictures black and white.

7. The photopass photographer can add things into your picture like tinkerbell (which you will be pointing at and she will be in your pic) and baby Simba (which someone will be holding and they add Simba in).

8. You can have them take your pics with photopass and they will take a pic with your camera as well.

9. The night pics with photopass usually turn out better than with your own camera. They have the settings in their camera for night shots and they have the tripod for stabilization.

My husband loves photopass because all the inserts he can add to the pics.

Hope this helps some. :animwink:

NewfieFan

We love the cool customization you can do with Disney's Photopass. Advantages are:

1. You can add cool borders (borders that reflect each park, seasonal borders, borders for event parties).

3. If you have your picture taken with a character you can add the characters autograph onto the picture.

7. The photopass photographer can add things into your picture like tinkerbell (which you will be pointing at and she will be in your pic) and baby Simba (which someone will be holding and they add Simba in).

8. You can have them take your pics with photopass and they will take a pic with your camera as well.

9. The night pics with photopass usually turn out better than with your own camera. They have the settings in their camera for night shots and they have the tripod for stabilization.

Just to add to your list...

10. Let them take the photos of your child meeting a character while you stand back and watch the "magic" happen. It was so nice not to have a camera up to my face everytime my son went to a character meet 'n greet. They got some great shots of some great moments... which I know I wouldn't have taken with my own camera!

11. You can be in the picture!!! As the "photographer" of my family I'm never in any pictures... I got some great family shots with Photopass!

hrcollectibles

These are things one could do with photo editing software.. I guess if you like these bells and whistles.. I for still think its a waste of money.. But hey not everything is for everyone.. what makes the photopas worth it? And by that I mean how many photos make it worth the purchase price.

Susan Savia

No thanks! That $149 can be better spent elsewhere. And the CMs are glad to take a picture for you on your camera. Thats what we've always done.

sbkline

These are things one could do with photo editing software.. I guess if you like these bells and whistles.. I for still think its a waste of money.. But hey not everything is for everyone.. what makes the photopas worth it? And by that I mean how many photos make it worth the purchase price.

I guess if you like to have the 5X7 souvenier photos and you like the borders, pictures and the year that Disney prints on them when you buy them, then you can take the price of one of those photos and figure up how many you would have to buy to equal the price of the CD. That would be one way of figuring up how many photos make it worth the purchase price.

dreamfinder

Well, prints are something like 12 bucks per 5x7. So at the current pre-purchase price, (which may change in the near future, who knows) about 8 pictures is break even. I think I ended up with a few hundred pics last trip, pre edits. Ended up with 3 cd's worth I think after edits. I also spent part of my last trip solo, so it was nice to get pics in that case. (I know that most CM's have no problems taking your picture, and that the photopass CM's are not professional photographers, but they do tend to yield better composed pictures) Many people like photopass simply for the fact the whole family gets in the picture. Photopass typically takes several pictures at each spot, where as most CM's would only take one, and hope it comes out.

Gorjus

I guess if you like to have the 5X7 souvenier photos and you like the borders, pictures and the year that Disney prints on them when you buy them, then you can take the price of one of those photos and figure up how many you would have to buy to equal the price of the CD. That would be one way of figuring up how many photos make it worth the purchase price.

That is exactly what we do at the camera centers. If someone comes in with 30 photos after a week long vacation, I usually talk them out of the CD. Their needs are better served with packages. But by the same token, I've sold a CD to a family with 12 photos on their card. They needed so many copies of each photo that a CD was the cheapest way.

No thanks! That $149 can be better spent elsewhere. And the CMs are glad to take a picture for you on your camera. Thats what we've always done.

Do the CMs a favor though. There is someone, somewhere high up whose reward is based on monetary sales. However, those of us on the street are judged by how many sessions we take. Even if you never buy anything, if you visit a character, give the photographer a photopass card. If you want us to use your camera, give the photographer a photopass card. Think of it as your back up system.

As many steps as some people take to insure the safety of the photos on their memory card, accidents happen. I've heard such sad tales. And if the unthinkable happens and the photos on your camera or computer are lost, $150 suddenly isn't that high a price to pay to have your vacation memories restored.

And as someone mentioned, as a general rule, we are going to compose your photos better than the average guy on the street you ask to take a photo for you.

And with character photography, I know exactly when and if a character is going to hug or kiss a child. You generally don't. Sometimes I capture the photo of a lifetime.

drew81

That is exactly what we do at the camera centers. If someone comes in with 30 photos after a week long vacation, I usually talk them out of the CD. Their needs are better served with packages. But by the same token, I've sold a CD to a family with 12 photos on their card. They needed so many copies of each photo that a CD was the cheapest way.

Do the CMs a favor though. There is someone, somewhere high up whose reward is based on monetary sales. However, those of us on the street are judged by how many sessions we take. Even if you never buy anything, if you visit a character, give the photographer a photopass card. If you want us to use your camera, give the photographer a photopass card. Think of it as your back up system.

As many steps as some people take to insure the safety of the photos on their memory card, accidents happen. I've heard such sad tales. And if the unthinkable happens and the photos on your camera or computer are lost, $150 suddenly isn't that high a price to pay to have your vacation memories restored.

And as someone mentioned, as a general rule, we are going to compose your photos better than the average guy on the street you ask to take a photo for you.

And with character photography, I know exactly when and if a character is going to hug or kiss a child. You generally don't. Sometimes I capture the photo of a lifetime.

I think you take those types of photos all the time ;)

Brian Noble

If you want us to use your camera, give the photographer a photopass card. Think of it as your back up system.
This is really good advice.

Also, the pre-order is refundable within a certain amount of time after the end of your trip, if you'd like to stick to the spirit of the process. It might even be possible to "pre-order" your CD after you get home, but you might have to do that before you claim any photos into your account, I'm not sure.

dreamfinder

I think all of the photos that I had character handlers take with my camera last trip ended up being poorly composed. Subject randomly placed, no zoom used, more sidewalk than people, etc, etc. The photopass CM's at least usually focus in on the subject matter, even though they may not be the most inspiring compositions (from an artistic standpoint), they are consistently good. And as gorjus has said, the photopass CM's can end up getting the picture of the day. Admittedly, so could you, but between making sure juniors autograph book is open to the right page, holding their soda & balloon, making sure the kids behind you in line don't try to run up at the same time, odds are your camera won't be ready for that genuine smile, laugh, or moment with the character. Since that is all the photopass CM needs to worry about, they are more likely to be ready to snap 3/4 frames before your camera is even powered up.

NewfieFan

You guys have captured the photos of a lifetime for me...

1491n5i.jpg

2dqlwtu.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom