Photo TR: Epcot Plus! 10/5 - 10/9

Yes, folks, for the first time in 14 months, you’ll actually get a trip report from me that involves a Disney park! *canned and awkward applause*

…Well, you’ll get even more than that. Downtown Disney pictures from the day before! Shopping! Dining! Semi-entertaining!

As usual, a pic is worth a thousand words. Since I don’t feel like writing a 193,000-word TR, here we go!

Flew with USA3000 again on Friday, a surprisingly good flight all things considered. Always fun to be above the clouds!

IMG_0675.jpg

I call this, “The Hands of God”. Or “Cumulus Shadow”. Whichever one’s more poetic.

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

Arrived in St. Pete, picked up my sister from campus and headed up I-275 to I-4. You know where it goes from there. :D

Now if only I had or could afford an Annual Pass.

IMG_0682.jpg

Ah, yes, one of the better parts of a Florida vacation shows its face. (It rained for much of the night steadily, but it wasn‘t bad when we… well, I’ll keep going.)

IMG_0683.jpg

Buena Vista Suites is always a good choice. Think it was $88/night. We stayed here for two.

IMG_0687.jpg

And they’re a Good Neighbour Hotel, which means they’re in cahoots with Disney, but they won’t ask to borrow your lawn mower or anything like a REAL neighbour. (Just sayin’.)

IMG_0688.jpg

Uponastar

Daniel . . .You were there the same time as my daughter and son-in-law!
They were on their honeymoon from the 7th thru the 13th.

dandaman

Original Poster
As promised, my unusually delayed ending:

Went shopping the next day, though it doesn't take a genius to figure out which day of the week it was:

IMG_1027.jpg

Alas, the one central Florida theme park I've yet to experience.

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

Went to this in its first year; I'm surprised it's lasted this long. To be fair, it was a great exhibit, but I would've thought it'd last a year, tops. (Then again, so was the wand.)

IMG_1035.jpg

Random Festival Bay shot.

IMG_1037.jpg

And an even more random model train in Bass Pro Shop.

IMG_1038.jpg

Quick! Everyone jot the number down before I drive past!

IMG_1042.jpg

No photos Monday, and it's just as well; not much happened, apart from some awesome mini-golf action at Smuggler's Cove.

See ya later, St. Pete!

IMG_1044.jpg

And that one extra photo I promised to finish off!

IMG_1021.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

jiminy.cricket

“Why? WHY?!”
IMG_0861.jpg

Wonder how much he gets paid to sit there for 12 hours of the day?
IMG_0874.jpg

I don't know why...amusing and disturbing simultaneously. And the guy below is absolutely creepy. Thanks for the great photo trip report! Reflections of China premiered not too long ago; I want to say 2005. The other film was good, but this one is updated and even more amazing!

NewfieFan

We should have some sort of an Award for "Best Trip Report" around here. If they did you'd deserve one! Very entertaining TR! Loved all the pics.

Teenchy

Great report and great pictures....if its not just a hobby you should think about continuing your photo skills, you are well on your way.

Very witty post and great sense of humor....or is it just a Canadian thing!:animwink:

dandaman

Original Poster
^ I bought my first camera in August 2006 for the sole purpose of these TR's. Ever since, I've attempted to find new angles, old angles, and basically get lucky half the time.

The captions just come out of the recesses of my messed-up mind. :lookaroun

And of course humour is a Canadian thing. We invented funny. :D :lookaroun

mouselvrmom

I loved your trip report! You took some great pictures!

You'll be happy to know that you have inspired me to try a Ghiradelli caramel sundae on my next trip. It looks yummy! :)

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
you are very funny and entertaining!! love your fountain shots! that was really nice of the cm to let you take pics of MS. great report.

dandaman

Original Poster
The Electric Umbrella has a 2nd floor? :lookaroun

Yeah, I discovered that at the exact moment I walked in, too. :lookaroun

...Maybe since we're usually buying food FROM there, we're searching for seats on the lower level to make location/transport easier. :lol:

You'll be happy to know that you have inspired me to try a Ghiradelli caramel sundae on my next trip.

Trust me, you won't be disappointed. :slurp:

that was really nice of the cm to let you take pics of MS.

It certainly was. I was just standing there when he rolled up to me on the Segway. :lol: (Apparently he was an alumnus of the same college as my sister!)

dandaman

Original Poster
Canon Powershot A550. My first was an A430 back in August 2006 for the sole purpose of trip reports. We bought one for my dad (a better one than my first), but he never uses it anyway. I use "his" now on a regular basis. :D

FYI, it's about $150 Canadian for the camera itself. Not bad. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom