Photo TR: Dan Smith's Trilogy Report

A long time ago, in a mental state far, far away...

dansmithtrilogy.png

It appears that I’ve neglected to post any trip report in here since last February (Shameless Plug™ #1), and as such, I feel like I’ve gone into a sort of relaxing retirement, where I can simply rest knowing the vast amount of money I’ve been paid to write these are generating steady interest in my savings account.

...Like HELL I have. A lot has happened since I turned 18, namely the craziest year of my life.* As a lot of you know by now, I made good on the acceptance from Florida Tech, and have been living in paradise (albeit coexisting with schoolwork) since last August. Being about an hour from the Orlando area, you can imagine I’ve visited WDW at least a couple of times since; though as you can also imagine, university work sort of takes precedence over posting TR’s. (Though not over actually going to the parks... GOD no.) Anyway, this trip report will actually consist of three separate parts, as most great trilogies do. The first is from August 9th (AK/DHS), just before I moved into residence; second is from the 22nd (MK/AK); and finally, from last week, January 23rd (Epcot). All will include hilarity, hijinks, and 30% more insanity than the leading standard, which is presumably Gary Busey.

cooltext447545410.png

Scene I: Random Dinosaurs

I'm starting at Downtown Disney the night before because I can and so there.

IMG_2002.jpg

It should be noted that we took the boat over from Port Orleans, wherein my sister and I listened to "I'm On A Boat" at unnecessarily loud levels on her iPod. One of the most pathetically awesome things we did that weekend.

IMG_1939.jpg

Oh my lord, it's another sad attempt at "artistic". NEXT.

IMG_1943.jpg

Disney has actually created a Disneyland exclusively for fleas. This was a poorly-planned venture, as fleas lack the money or pockets required to carry said so Disney may take it. As a result, this is the most crowded Main Street has ever been.

IMG_1947.jpg

Aah, but you can see it now... fleas from all walks of life coming to enjoy the whimsy and wonder of Disney. A family of fleas passes by, heading right for the biggest rides in the park. A travel group from the back of a Brazilian terrier, 1500 strong, waits for the signal to head to Mad Flea Party.

IMG_1951.jpg

...And at the very end of Main Street lies a castle that, unlike California's, a flea can actually enjoy without making "I'm crushing you" jokes.

IMG_1949.jpg

Even Disney's CEO thinks Micro Disneyland was a bad idea.

IMG_1954.jpg

*Craziest year of my life so FAR.

dandaman

Original Poster
Y'know, it was so long ago I can't even remember where the plaque was (somewhere near the front entrance, I have to assume), but the "error" was mentioning the dragons. :lol:

dandaman

Original Poster
cooltext447545454.png

"Partners, Polynesian and a "Parking Lot 101"

Welcome back to the location where wish-like experiences come to fruition.

IMG_2242.jpg

If this were California, the building at right would be fully obscured by a palm tree.

IMG_2245.jpg

"...And we'll put gift shops all the way along that side. But there will always be some attraction-specific merchandise up for sale. Got that?"

IMG_2250.jpg

Happened to be passing by as the trolley show was performing the Superbowl Shuffle.

IMG_2258.jpg

"IIIIIIIIIII ain't got no-boooooo-dee..."

IMG_2259.jpg

"A-cause, a-nobody, a-loves, a-me..."

IMG_2260.jpg

"Yatatata, yatatata..."

IMG_2261.jpg

“HEY!”

IMG_2256.jpg

Five Dan Smith Fun Bucks to whoever knows what the preceding captions referenced.

dandaman

Original Poster
We hit Jungle Cruise first. 'Cause we're smart.

IMG_2264.jpg

Hidden Fact: It's written in Cast Member blood.

IMG_2269.jpg

5 seconds later: "You maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! Damn you all to HELL!"

IMG_2270.jpg

“Stiiiiiiiill lookin’ for that toy store…”

IMG_2271.jpg

I hope they get the point in the end. LOVE ME FOR MY WIT.

IMG_2272.jpg

Crow’s nests are now obsolete thanks to GPS. This will ALSO be demolished within the year and be promptly replaced with nothing.

IMG_2274.jpg

Life Cycle of a Disney Ride

Part I: What Could Go Wrong?

IMG_2279.jpg

Part II: Something Goes Wrong

IMG_2281.jpg

The End.

Still good.

IMG_2282.jpg

Fast Train is FAST

IMG_2283.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
Started to put up the castle lights the week I was there. Crane's pretty ugly against the castle but a necessary evil nonetheless.

IMG_2285.jpg

Best ride in the park.

IMG_2288.jpg

So the friend who very kindly drove me here for the day remembered she'd left her fog lights on from earlier. Sure enough we get back to the car and the battery's dead. On top of that, we tried to start it and the alarm wouldn't shut up. About 5 minutes of this went by before a Disney security car pulls up and the guy tries to jump the battery, but alas, not enough juice on the pack. So another 10 minutes of incessant wailing goes by (before you ask, there was no panic/reset button we could find) and another security guy comes up, stuffs a towel in the siren, and jumps the car for us. Needless to say it was one of those hilariously bad experiences you just have to shake your head at. (To the entire parking lot security detail... you guys ROCK!) Also, empty tram.

IMG_2292.jpg

Following our mini-crisis, we went to the Polynesian for some grub. Ohana's wasn't open yet (or it was a long wait, can't remember) so we went to Kona Cafe and had some pretty decent burgers.

IMG_2293.jpg

Found at the cafe bartop.

IMG_2300.jpg

Eh. S'decent.

IMG_2296.jpg

dandaman

Original Poster
So we decided to go to Animal Kingdom on our park-hoppers after lunch. We were waiting for the AK bus when a guy apparently at the end of his vacation gives us SEVEN unused Fastpasses for Everest. After the car trouble, I think I believe in karma now. Or something. (Just realized now that they're actually for two days before, but the CM's must not have caught it either or didn't care.)

IMG_2304.jpg

"Eeeeeeexcellent."

IMG_2306.jpg

Rode once in front, twice in back. Still as great a ride as ever, minus B-grade Yeti.

IMG_2315.jpg

Went on Dinosaur. Hammed it up. Life's good. (That's "unnamed friend" in the blue.)

IMG_2318.jpg

Cheese-on-a-stick < Mickey-on-a-stick

IMG_2320.jpg

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oye Oye Oye!

IMG_2326.jpg

And finally, a flamingo in a Mickey sombrero. I don't know why, either.

IMG_2329.jpg

There will VERY likely be a delay in Epcotness due to schoolwork/play rehearsal, but I promise I'll post it within the week.

sweetpee_1993

Happened to be passing by as the trolley show was performing the Superbowl Shuffle.

Five Dan Smith Fun Bucks to whoever knows what the preceding captions referenced.

1. 1985 Superbowl....Daaaa Bears.... Aren't you a little young to remember that????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU

2. Just a Gigolo...David Lee Roth...bless his short little career heart after his stint with Van Halen. It was a cute video, none-the-less. Again, ain't you a little young to be knowin' all this 80's stuff???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPM7jdE7gWs

LOL! I love it, Dan! Keep it coming!

GoCamels

As MUCH as I love Diamond Dave's version...nothing like the ORIGINAL:
[youtube]VJGYQ-iYYtY[/youtube]
(Keely Smith's reaction is priceless...and she looks the same today as she did then)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom