Photo Pass

ThinkTink721

Hello Again! Just another question, as there seems to be a never-ending stream of them this being our first-ever WDW vacation! I am wondering what exactly Photopass is and if it is worth the cost? Do you get a CD of all your pics that you can take and make prints yourself with?
Marie
Yes, you can purchase a CD, but it is about $100.
What we have decided to do next year is to order the on-line scrapbook or the DVD video which will include any of the PhotoPass pics that we choose. We will even be able to incorporate some of our personal photos into either one we choose (the scrapbook or the DVD).

amontpet

Last time we went we did the photo pass. We had over 200 photos when it was time to leave. Most of them were pretty good. After I finished editing and adding borders/signatures it turned into 700 pictures on the CD. My favorite picture was when the Cast Member had my 2 sons face each other with their hands together like they were holding something and they inserted Tinkerbell in the shot. So it looks like they are staring at Tinkerbell in their hand.

One thing we did notice was there were 2 types of photographers. The ones that loved what they were doing and the others that were just taking pictures. One time we were at MK in from of the Castle getting our family picture. We have 2 small kids so you never know what you will get. I asked if one of them would be good to blow up. The cast member said probably not. If I wouldn't have asked we would have left and I wouldn't have found out until I got home. So we got them retaken. But the positioning just was not as good as a couple of days before (when we got the Tinkerbell shot) but then we had just gotten off Splash Mountain so we didn't look our best. All in all we loved the photo pass and will do it again. The longer you are there the better it is and the more pictures you can collect. If you happen to get more than one card they will merge them to one before you leave.

amontpet

Last time we went we did the photo pass. We had over 200 photos when it was time to leave. Most of them were pretty good. After I finished editing and adding borders/signatures it turned into 700 pictures on the CD. My favorite picture was when the Cast Member had my 2 sons face each other with their hands together like they were holding something and they inserted Tinkerbell in the shot. So it looks like they are staring at Tinkerbell in their hand.

One thing we did notice was there were 2 types of photographers. The ones that loved what they were doing and the others that were just taking pictures. One time we were at MK in from of the Castle getting our family picture. We have 2 small kids so you never know what you will get. I asked if one of them would be good to blow up. The cast member said probably not. If I wouldn't have asked we would have left and I wouldn't have found out until I got home. So we got them retaken. But the positioning just was not as good as a couple of days before (when we got the Tinkerbell shot) but then we had just gotten off Splash Mountain so we didn't look our best. All in all we loved the photo pass and will do it again. The longer you are there the better it is and the more pictures you can collect. If you happen to get more than one card they will merge them to one before you leave.

DizDreamer

thanks KCW. Well you have 3 photopass photographers here, myself, matt, and pocamahontas ....

Great big Thank You to all the Photographers! We absolutely LOVE the photopass idea!

We have used the Photopass for many of our trips! I love the idea of the CD - and this past trip, we waited until we got home, so I could edit and add the special Disney borders! Using the Photopass online viewing, you can edit the pictures before ordering the CD!

Thanks again to the Photographers - you really do make the stays memorable!

:wave:

Pocamahontas

Great big Thank You to all the Photographers! We absolutely LOVE the photopass idea!

We have used the Photopass for many of our trips! I love the idea of the CD - and this past trip, we waited until we got home, so I could edit and add the special Disney borders! Using the Photopass online viewing, you can edit the pictures before ordering the CD!

Thanks again to the Photographers - you really do make the stays memorable!

Ohhh, you are soo sweet!
Thanks so much for using Photopass, and taking full advantage of it, that's what we're there for!
And I think I speak for all of us when saying, it's our pleasure.

boopuff

Just got back, used photopass. We stopped almost every photographer. Got some great and not-so-so great pics back. Unfortunately we didn't take enough photos to warrant purchasing the CD. If you take 100 or more I think it's worth buying. Otherwise buy individually on-line and have fun with the borders.

Figment626

My favorite picture was when the Cast Member had my 2 sons face each other with their hands together like they were holding something and they inserted Tinkerbell in the shot. So it looks like they are staring at Tinkerbell in their hand.
So who actually inserted Tinkerbell and when? Sorry, I'm new to this PhotoPass.

I love the idea of the CD - and this past trip, we waited until we got home, so I could edit and add the special Disney borders! Using the Photopass online viewing, you can edit the pictures before ordering the CD!

So you can edit/add things to the pictures before you purchase the cd? Hence having more pictures than what was taken at the park...being you'd have the original picture and then some with borders, etc...??

I'm looking forward to using PhotoPass alot this summer. My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon in June and with our package/stay we get a PhotoPass CD for free.

Anybody happen to know if I can get pictures taken on a few different PhotoPass cards and then combine all the pictures to one CD later? Or do I have to make sure I keep the one card on me at all times? Also, how many photos can you have on one card and/or CD?

Thanks for the help!

MattBoom

Tinkerbell is added automatically between the time your picture is taken and when you view it.

If you order your CD online (not at the parks), you can add borders and your CD will come with the original version and all the versions you create by adding borders.

Yes, you can combine multiple cards onto one CD. The cards will hold unlimited photos. The pictures aren't actually stored on the card. The CD's can hold about 200-300 pictures, but if you go over that, you'll just get more than one CD for the same price.

DAKOTADISNEY

Thank you photographers for the great job you do. It can't be an easy job sometimes! We loved the pictures we got from our last trip. For the photographers of the group which location in the parks do you think makes the best picture? Just curious on your expertise and opinion. Thank you:)

Figment626

Last time we went we did the photo pass. We had over 200 photos when it was time to leave. Most of them were pretty good. After I finished editing and adding borders/signatures it turned into 700 pictures on the CD.

So one cd held 7oo pics? I was trying to figure out how many pictures a cd holds because we are getting 1 photopass cd included in our package.

MattBoom

Thank you photographers for the great job you do. It can't be an easy job sometimes! We loved the pictures we got from our last trip. For the photographers of the group which location in the parks do you think makes the best picture? Just curious on your expertise and opinion. Thank you:)

I've only worked at three parks, so I can give you my opinion for those.

Blizzard Beach - Get one of the kids sliding down the T-Bar.

Typhoon Lagoon - Get a shot of the wave hitting you from behind.

Magic Kingdom - Get a picture of you in front of the castle from the Partners statue, the Rose Garden and by Crystal Palace.

And if they're taking them, get magic shots..
Get one by Pirates of the Caribbean of you sword fighting Capt. Hook.
Get one of you holding Tinkerbell on Main Street.
Get one of your in front of the Haunted Mansion with the ghost in the background.
Get one of you with Stitch popping out of the ground or licking an ice cream.
Get one at Animal Kingdom of you holding baby Simba.

Gorjus

check your package. I"m pretty sure you are not getting a free CD, but rather a free five by seven. Unless something has drastically changed, we don"t give out free cd"s.

skeeder

I dont know if anybody mentioned this already, but if you dont want to do photopass-you can always ask the photopass person to take the picture with your camera. They are very good about doing that.

Figment626

check your package. I"m pretty sure you are not getting a free CD, but rather a free five by seven. Unless something has drastically changed, we don"t give out free cd"s.

Our travel agent never knew about it either but once I showed her the print out she was shocked and amazed. I have a print out of all my package details and I've been going through it many times as well as searching online for any hints/tips. I'm very thorough and like to get the most out of anything I pay for so I'm always looking into details and trying to find out any ways of getting more for my money. I just did a search and found information about it on the wdw website, here's the link just scroll down til you see Disney PhotoPass.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/packageDetail?id=PackageDetailMYWPlat08Page

The printout I have even goes into detail on how to make the purchase online at the PhotoPass website by putting the CD in your cart, entering the promo code and then the CD cost and standard shipping rate will be deducted.

BTW, thanks for mentioning the 5x7 print. I never realized you get that too...if you look right below the PhotoPass details you'll see they mention the 5x7 print as well in the next section.

WildcatDen

One thing to think about with PhotoPass, and we are still kicking ourselves, is that the "Ride Shots" can also be put onto your PhotoPass card. We missed out on some great pics at Everest and Dinosaur because we either did not know this or failed to put two and two together. That being said, we still ended up with enough to justify the CD.

teenamw

Question for Mattbloom and the other photographers here - I purchased the pre vacation CD for around 100.00 a month or so ago for my vacation in Feb. What exactly did I buy? LOL. I haven't received anything in the mail but I did get an email confirmation after I purchased it. Is that all I was s'pose to get? I am assuming it is. So after my vacation in Feb how do I go about getting the CD. Thanks ya'll. See ya soon.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I've only worked at three parks, so I can give you my opinion for those.

Blizzard Beach - Get one of the kids sliding down the T-Bar.

Typhoon Lagoon - Get a shot of the wave hitting you from behind.

Magic Kingdom - Get a picture of you in front of the castle from the Partners statue, the Rose Garden and by Crystal Palace.

And if they're taking them, get magic shots..
Get one by Pirates of the Caribbean of you sword fighting Capt. Hook.
Get one of you holding Tinkerbell on Main Street.
Get one of your in front of the Haunted Mansion with the ghost in the background.
Get one of you with Stitch popping out of the ground or licking an ice cream.
Get one at Animal Kingdom of you holding baby Simba.

Cool I didn't know there were that many. I've done the Tinkerbell and Simba ones but didn't know about the others..

a1beb63b-c783-4e53-8ba9-6edba252e87b_1_.jpg

:lookaroun

celticdog

So one cd held 7oo pics? I was trying to figure out how many pictures a cd holds because we are getting 1 photopass cd included in our package.

I think the "one cd" is just a figure of speech. We had over 300 pictures, which were placed on two separate discs. Each with it's own case and disclaimer. We kept all the pictures even the bad ones. Once we got back home we made copies and prints as needed. It's a whole lot cheaper to print the photos locally. I can get an 8x10 for $3 verses Disney's price of $30.

The photographers really do a good job. We only had a few out of focus shots. Most of those were nighttime or low light. I'll be honest, I was apprehensive about the whole Photopass thing, but after getting it done, I am impressed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom