Photo Pass

MattBoom

One thing to think about with PhotoPass, and we are still kicking ourselves, is that the "Ride Shots" can also be put onto your PhotoPass card. We missed out on some great pics at Everest and Dinosaur because we either did not know this or failed to put two and two together. That being said, we still ended up with enough to justify the CD.

Test Track is currently the only ride photo you can put on your PhotoPass card. The other rides haven't been integrated yet.

Question for Mattbloom and the other photographers here - I purchased the pre vacation CD for around 100.00 a month or so ago for my vacation in Feb. What exactly did I buy? LOL. I haven't received anything in the mail but I did get an email confirmation after I purchased it. Is that all I was s'pose to get? I am assuming it is. So after my vacation in Feb how do I go about getting the CD. Thanks ya'll. See ya soon.

You bought the CD, but you have to go and have some pictures taken to put on it first. I'm not sure of the exact process, as I've never ordered one myself. But make sure you get as many pictures taken as you can stand while you're at Disney.
I assume when you get home you log-in and register your card number(s), edit your pics, then have the CD sent to you.

I dont know if anybody mentioned this already, but if you dont want to do photopass-you can always ask the photopass person to take the picture with your camera. They are very good about doing that.

I was actually going to ask if they will take a pic using your own camera as well. Thanks for answering me question berore I asked it! :sohappy:

Gorjus

I sit corrected. Platinum package, huh? Do you find it worth the money?

Question for Mattbloom and the other photographers here - I purchased the pre vacation CD for around 100.00 a month or so ago for my vacation in Feb. What exactly did I buy? LOL. I haven't received anything in the mail but I did get an email confirmation after I purchased it. Is that all I was s'pose to get? I am assuming it is. So after my vacation in Feb how do I go about getting the CD. Thanks ya'll. See ya soon.

Somewhere in your email confirmation, there should have been a promo code. Go to the parks, grab a photopass from any photographer, have LOTS of pictures taken. When you return home, edit all your photos on the photopass website and then order the cd. Enter the promo code and the price of your cd should now read zero.

It's a whole lot cheaper to print the photos locally. I can get an 8x10 for $3 verses Disney's price of $30.

Just to clarify, Disney only charges $17 for an 8x10, not $30

I dont know if anybody mentioned this already, but if you dont want to do photopass-you can always ask the photopass person to take the picture with your camera. They are very good about doing that.

Now here is my question:
If there is no cost and no obligation, why not do both?
1. Photopass is great back up in case anything happens to your camera, computer, memory card. Warning: horror stories abound. One family had the place they were staying in broken into. They stole the laptop with all the vacation photos on it. One couple accidently deleted their entire memory card instead of one photo. One family, while riding Space Mountain, had the freak thing happen where just the right buttons were pushed to delete all their photos from their card. Now they were smart and dumped the card each night onto their computer, but still, one day's photos were lost. All these people I have met personally while they were running around the parks with photopass and their camera re-doing most of their vacation photos. Only one was thrilled that they had thought to use photopass and didn't have to re-do all their photos.
2. 75% of guests couldn't take a photo to save their life. By the same token of course, 15% of photopass photographers couldn't take a photo to save their lives. :brick:I see the photos the guests are taking by looking at their LCD screen while they are taking it. They suck. Heads in the middle of the frame, not zoomed in enough, wrong camera settings. Most of the photopass photos are infinitely better than what an average guest takes.
3. We have people who have spent hours researching the correct camera settings for each location. Some Point and shoot cameras are hit or miss whether the photo is taken at the right settings.
4. A photopass CD is WAY cheaper than buying and developing 4 or more disposable cameras.
5. Sometimes we get photos you don't. It might be a nighttime shot where our camera is on a tripod and is going to getter a great shot of the icon at night. It might be that we know our character's routines very well and know just when to look for the hug or in special cases, the kiss. Our cameras are ready while parents are enjoying the moment.
6. By the same token, your camera is good backup for when our cameras mess up. We put our cameras through a lot and sometimes they give out. Twice I have spent the night taking great photos only to find out when I got back that my camera was faulty and the photos were out of focus. They weren't blown out which would have been stupidly my fault for not focusing on the correct spot, but rather just not focused correctly which was my fault for not triple checking the camera.

If nothing else, use it for back up.

WildcatDen

Test Track is currently the only ride photo you can put on your PhotoPass card. The other rides haven't been integrated yet.

Really? Wow. I could have sworn I saw or heard something about PhotoPass on Splash, Dinosaur, and Everest. My mistake. Now I do not feel as bad.

celticdog

Just to clarify, Disney only charges $17 for an 8x10, not $30

I stand corrected, the website is $17, however at Chef Mickey's, they charged us $30 for a "photo package". Which conisted of one 8x10 and 4 wallet size. I even asked about getting just one photo, not the whole package with the wallet sizes. They stated the price would still be $30.

I had to look back through my notes and reciepts to refresh my memory.

C.M.O

image199.jpg

This was my favorite picture. What a cool idea. I made sure to try to stop at as many Photo Pass photographers as possible although my daughter got kind of tired of the pictures :), if she wasn't I would have gotten more. I just wish the photographers we had had given us more direction or fun poses, a lot of the pictures are the same pose. I need to think of some different things to do before our next trip.

Figment626

I sit corrected. Platinum package, huh? Do you find it worth the money?

Yes, as long as you take advantage of it all. We have an itinerary planner from Disney helping as well and he has been very helpful with the dining arrangements! Also it turns out Victoria & Alberts is available with this package so we have it set for 2 nights during our stay, and if you have the wine and dine plan you can redeem one of them wine 'tokens' for the wine pairing to all the meals.

image199.jpg

This was my favorite picture. What a cool idea. I made sure to try to stop at as many Photo Pass photographers as possible although my daughter got kind of tired of the pictures :), if she wasn't I would have gotten more. I just wish the photographers we had had given us more direction or fun poses, a lot of the pictures are the same pose. I need to think of some different things to do before our next trip.

Very cool picture, thanks for sharing as I knew nothing about these photos til this thread. Hope to be able to get these 'magic shots' as I think that's what they call them!? Either way...definitely want to get the one I heard about with Stitch!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom