Phineas+ Ferb

NMBC1993

I'm glad to see that Phineas and Ferb are making there way to the parks. The show I think is really the only quality non-teen driven piece of entertainment on Disney Channel. It's just really sad that more people don't know about this show, mostly because the company is cramming Hannah Montana/Jonas Bros. down our throat. I hope that 4D attraction does come to the parks and I hope they start marketing the show a lot more in the parks. I would love to see a Perry the Platypus in-action figure:sohappy:

Brian_WDW74

It's probably very sad...but this gets me more excited than hearing about new park attractions!

They do look slightly creepy...but that's absolutely how I think they should look.

Hope there is a Meet and Greet, and I hope Perry is there too!

Well, he is a platypus. They don't do much. :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I too have no idea what these are

I know you and I may not always agree, but please trust me when I say P&F is one of the most inventive cartoons Disney has come up with recently. I'd love to see them at a meet and greet when I'm there next week, or perhaps during my June 2010 trip! :sohappy:

EpcotServo

Oh come on, Phineas and Ferb is better then a lot of recent anime these days and you know it.

No.

It's awful.

Compared to anything.

:lol:

And I don't judge things like that, I treat all Animation the same regardless of medium, style, or where's it's made. I've seen junk from Japan, and (slightly more) junk from America. :lol:

It's all about quality...This show? Nope. Nadda'. Not seeing it.

Now CHOWDER is worth talking about. THAT's how you write/direct animated comedies.

Chowder: "Why do we that Mung?"

Mung: "Why to please the Loyal Fan Base, of course."

Chowder: "Ohhh...Hi, Loyal Fan Base!"

*Waves at Screen*

EpcotServo

Even the floods of crappy school based shows Japan is getting?

Like?

And like I said, I'm not comparing it too anything in particular. I go by stories, comedy, quality. It could be stick figures from Belgium, I'll give it a chance and praise it if I like it.

Maybe it's just my subversive Pop N' Folk sensibilities. Give me a Rocko's Modern Life over a Jimmy Neutron, a Dexter's Lab over a Johnny Test (Which is also awful, by the way.), or a Lewis Black over a Jeff Dunham (Bleckkk...) any day...

FigmentJedi

Like?

And like I said, I'm not comparing it too anything in particular. I go by stories, comedy, quality. It could be stick figures from Belgium, I'll give it a chance and praise it if I like it.

Maybe it's just my subversive Pop N' Folk sensibilities. Give me a Rocko's Modern Life over a Jimmy Neutron, a Dexter's Lab over a Johnny Test (Which is also awful, by the way.), or a Lewis Black over a Jeff Dunham (Bleckkk...) any day...

Just found a chart earlier of stuff coming early next year and except for a remake of Kimba, pretty much everything seems to be following that whole trend started by Haruhi and Lucky Star and gradually run into the ground in the last few years.
At least we've had stuff like Soul Eater, Kaiba and Basquash (speaking of which, I need to get around to watching more of) the last couple years.

And I can't believe Johnny Test got renewed. It needed to stay dead.

stitch & lilo

I think there should be a ride through "Doofenshmirtz..Evil..Incorporated!" :animwink:
oh my 2 boys are going to flip! they LOVE this show, it encourages creativity, team work and family time. I have loved platypuses since I was a kid and if they have a Perry with the boys that would be fantastic! they could even be at blizzard beach with the 'Swinter' theme. :ROFLOL:We were at wdw in august and some CMs that we questioned about P&F had no clue who they are, we told them it should be required for them to be uptodate with disney cartoons, esp. the really great ones.

EpcotServo

Just found a chart earlier of stuff coming early next year and except for a remake of Kimba, pretty much everything seems to be following that whole trend started by Haruhi and Lucky Star and gradually run into the ground in the last few years.
At least we've had stuff like Soul Eater, Kaiba and Basquash (speaking of which, I need to get around to watching more of) the last couple years.

And I can't believe Johnny Test got renewed. It needed to stay dead.

Enh, I hear speak of that trend but have yet to see the shows in person. I think the only one I've seen since then that could fall into the trend is Saki, but that's been going for awhile. I hear the trend, but I haven't seen it yet. And K-On doesn't count since it's by Kyoto Animation anyways. I know there's a "moeblob" trend, but frankly if I enjoy the shows that come out of it, which I have, I'm not complaining.

The thing is that there's always a wealth of titles out there that get passed by too revisit, even more so in the licensed American front. I highly recommend Baccano!'s American release. Solid dub, and AMAZING show. They work timelines and multiple stories coming together masterfully, and very entertaining/thrilling.

ANYWAYS, back to American Child-Friendly markets, again, really the only one that's shined for me yet has been Chowder. Everything else has either gone off track or was never on track to begin with. To be fair I've seen some Secret Saturdays and that was pretty good too.

Bottom Line, perhaps we can agree: Bakugan is AWFUL.

I never cared for Yu-Gi-Oh, but I wish kids would steer clear of Bakugan. Bad show.

I'm not sure if I may have missed it, is phineas and ferb doing the meet and greet at DHS as of now or will it be something that is coming. I'll be there Nov 21-24 and I would like to take my kids to see them.

TinkIce

Bottom Line, perhaps we can agree: Bakugan is AWFUL.

I never cared for Yu-Gi-Oh, but I wish kids would steer clear of Bakugan. Bad show.

YES. How that show got so popular, I will never know. I only saw one episode, but that's all I needed to see :hurl:

On-Topic: I wish they would give us an announcement about if and when they were coming. I really wish they could be there while I'm visiting in early December, but I know they won't :cry:

docandsix

What is needed is merchandise.

I can do without the big foam head characters that don't talk... Well, OK, I guess Ferb doesn't say much anyway.

It's almost unprecedented for Disney to make an attraction out of a television show (the only examples I can think of are Gadget's Go Coaster at Disneyland and the Kim Possible adventure at Epcot), but Phineas and Ferb has endless possibilities for all sorts of ride systems and concepts. Imagine building a "where's Perry" interactive feature into the attraction, along the lines of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

For what it's worth, I can't understand Epcot Servo's complaints about the show. Our family waits with bated breath for each new episode. We consider it the best thing going on television right now.

nbodyhome

I have photos and video I need to put up on my site from Phineas and Ferb at the MK yesterday, but I was told that currently there are no plans for them to be in the parks - they were just there for a promo yesterday. I am very surprised, as they are obviously extremely popular (and would fit in very well at DHS).

drew81

I have photos and video I need to put up on my site from Phineas and Ferb at the MK yesterday, but I was told that currently there are no plans for them to be in the parks - they were just there for a promo yesterday. I am very surprised, as they are obviously extremely popular (and would fit in very well at DHS).

Disney mngt doesn't always tell the truth. They should still be showing up at Walt Disney World in the future.

nbodyhome

Disney mngt doesn't always tell the truth. They should still be showing up at Walt Disney World in the future.

I asked several different managers, one who is a huge Phineas and Ferb fan - I certainly don't think any of them was lying about it. If there are plans for Phineas and Ferb, they have not been told. Not all characters show up at DHS, but it's apparent from the reaction that Phineas and Ferb get that they'd be a welcome addition to Walt Disney World.

Oh - and Alyson Stoner (who stars in Disney Channel stuff including Phineas and Ferb) was there as well last night.

Denise

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom