Rumor Philharmagic update still coming?

jt04

If there are going to be 50 updates for the 50th, as was once rumored, this would be a very solid one.

Of course my hope is after the 50th celebration this migrates over to the France pavilion to make way for............?

lazyboy97o

Of course, I'm talking about the design. Previously they had to take art that was 2D and transform the characters into three dimensional characters. Now, the work is already done so it's just a matter of recreating the scenes with some modest tweaks.
That’s not really how it works. New technology quickly outdates old models and rigs. You can find making-of videos for sequels where the crew will talk about not being able to open the files from the prior film that was only a couple of years ago. It is also possible that the animation is not done by Disney and Pixar, meaning the animators might be using completely different software.

Last edited:

brb1006

This would be very welcome. Saw it for the first time in May, and boy was it dark and blurry. Please get bright projectors!! 8K Laser pls. And some Moana would be very welcome!!
I remember the screens and 3D popping out looked very good and looked crystal clear back when I first seen it in 2004.

brb1006

Since we are talking Donald trying to get the hat back, I kind of see this ;)

-Be Our Guest --> I've Got A Dream [Donald has to run around the Ugly Duckling escaping the fiends getting the hat]

-Part of Your World --> So Shiny [Trying to get the hat off of Tamatoa's shell]

-I Just Can't Wait To Be King --> Let it Go [Donald trying not to get "frozen" while the hat is being blown about in the air thanks to Elsa]
That sequence would look amazing in 3D.

BasiltheBatLord

Does this mean that certain scenes will be cut, or are they just adding in the new scenes and extending the run time?
I would be shocked if the run time was significantly extended past what it is now. I would imagine the new scenes would replace existing scenes, if not even an entirely new film.

Disclaimer: This is just my own conjecture, I have no insider info.

Sped2424

I would be shocked if the run time was significantly extended past what it is now. I would imagine the new scenes would replace existing scenes, if not even an entirely new film.

Disclaimer: This is just my own conjecture, I have no insider info.
If they were smart they would star tours this experience. Randomized show scenes offering an incentive for people to keep visiting the attraction.

disney4life2008

Yes it effing can, stop making excuses. There is no reason this couldn't have been done years ago. But please continue the down right idiotic defending of Disney the fools on this forum have going on lately. Hope you don't die from that pixie dust over dose

Copyrights, contracts.

jt04

If there are going to be 50 updates for the 50th, as was once rumored, this would be a very solid one.

Of course my hope is after the 50th celebration this migrates over to the France pavilion to make way for............?

I forgot, the German pavilion has a space available similar in size to an orchestra hall. :)

daronlif

Beyond just the film update, there should also be a series of physical updates. Projectors, speakers, seats, water effects, etc.. I visited a couple of years ago, and the whole attraction was getting pretty long in the tooth. I'd happily wait a little extra to have the entire thing revamped properly instead of them just dropping in a new film.

JoeCamel

I forgot, the German pavilion has a space available similar in size to an orchestra hall. :)
Ummm yeah, you are trolling that philharmagic is going to be moved to EPCOT?
Maybe they will run Small world over there and toss in Carousel of Progress??
You really need to up your troll dude.

NateD1226

Ummm yeah, you are trolling that philharmagic is going to be moved to EPCOT?
Maybe they will run Small world over there and toss in Carousel of Progress??
You really need to up your troll dude.
How about they just make Epcot all IP! It would be amazing!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom