Rumor Philharmagic update still coming?

CJR

All the recent films are already in 3D so it'd be pretty easy to add them and just work Donald in some how.

I wonder if they'll consider making a version for California. A tweaked version could fit well in the old Muppet Vision theater. Seems like a good opportunity to do it, if they ever wanted to bring it to the west coast. We know how they love to spread out the costs.

KBLovedDisney

I can see this:

-Be Our Guest --> I've Got A Dream

-Part of Your World --> You're Welcome

-I Just Can't Wait To Be King --> In Summer

Since we are talking Donald trying to get the hat back, I kind of see this ;)

-Be Our Guest --> I've Got A Dream [Donald has to run around the Ugly Duckling escaping the fiends getting the hat]

-Part of Your World --> So Shiny [Trying to get the hat off of Tamatoa's shell]

-I Just Can't Wait To Be King --> Let it Go [Donald trying not to get "frozen" while the hat is being blown about in the air thanks to Elsa]

Phineas

I wouldn’t be terribly upset if they removed the Lion King bit-which is the weakest in my opinion, as well as the ending with Iago-but keeping A Whole New World. That would give them plenty of room to add new things, assuming they’re not just adding to the overall runtime.

Personal tastes and all that.

the.dreamfinder

That not really how it works.

Any changes would require new animation.
“Tangled” may have come out almost 8 years ago, but that’s a life time in terms of technical advancements in animation. Their technical pipeline can’t just reuse old assets like sets and character rigs out of the box. This is not like the tie in planets for Star Tours.

It’s more involved than, say, a film in the short film program that can absorb resources as they become available. This is a more dedicated project that needs to be scheduled in their production pipeline, sort of like a television special.

Castle Cake Apologist

There's a difference between producing a South Park episode and generating a new show film that will be expected to run for several years. While it certainly wouldn't take years, it's reasonable to imagine it taking the better part of a year for the storyboarding, voice recording, design, animation, scoring, and in-theater effects creation and synchronization.

This.

Animation alone would likely take several months. That wouldn't include the storyboarding or show writing, either. Just the animation itself.

I do agree that 2021 seems a little much, but that would probably be more a marketing decision due to the 50th.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom