Rumor Philharmagic update still coming?

Wendy Pleakley

I would think that since many of these characters have 3d models that would help, no?

I suspect they would redo any character animation from scratch, to match the style of the Phillharmagic animation and give the attraction a consistent feel.

Just speculation. I'm not an imagineer or bus driver and have no actual insight as to what the creative process for such an endeavor would entail.

geekza

As long as they still use the Clarance Nash voice clips for most of the attraction, I welcome this wholeheartedly.
Yeah, nothing against Tony Anselmo, who does a wonderful job with a very difficult character voice, but using Clarence Nash's voice is just a great way of honoring his work. Had Nash not created such an incredibly unique and downright charming voice for Donald, I truly believe the character would never have gone on past The Wise Little Hen.

JohnD

I like the current version. But the scene of young Simba and water shooting out behind him looks like, well, he's relieving himself.

Timothy_Q

I suspect they would redo any character animation from scratch, to match the style of the Phillharmagic animation and give the attraction a consistent feel.
Yeah absolutely.

Either the old ones have to match the more detailed look of Rapunzel / Moana
Or the new ones have to be cartoonified to match the cgi versions of Ariel and Co

Brer Oswald

Yeah, nothing against Tony Anselmo, who does a wonderful job with a very difficult character voice, but using Clarence Nash's voice is just a great way of honoring his work. Had Nash not created such an incredibly unique and downright charming voice for Donald, I truly believe the character would never have gone on past The Wise Little Hen.
For sure. He was a character created solely for his voice after all!

brb1006

Speaking of Clarence Nash (Original voice of Donald) and Tony Aselmo (Current voice of Donald) , and the late Wayne Allwine (Who would voice Mickey Mouse up till his death in 2009) all together during Donald Duck's 50th Anniversary in 1984. This was also taken during Nash's last years of his life.

matt9112

Yes to I've Got a Dream and So Shiny but pass on Let it Go. I feel like there are some better songs from Frozen to place the hat chase in...but I need to revisit the soundtrack to form an idea.

i love the ice song from very beginning of frozen.

matt9112

Ummm yeah, you are trolling that philharmagic is going to be moved to EPCOT?
Maybe they will run Small world over there and toss in Carousel of Progress??
You really need to up your troll dude.

although it makes zero business or logistical sense the rides still fit better lol.

geekza

Speaking of Clarence Nash (Original voice of Donald) and Tony Aselmo (Current voice of Donald) , and the late Wayne Allwine (Who would voice Mickey Mouse up till his death in 2009) all together during Donald Duck's 50th Anniversary in 1984. This was also taken during Nash's last years of his life.

I just watched the Disney Family Album episode about Clarence Nash a bit ago. (Remember when Disney Channel actually had great programming about their history?) It was a wonderful tribute the man, recorded not long before he passed. He was really something else. They had them for Jimmy MacDonald and several of the Nine Old Men as well. They're worth seeking out, if you've never seen them.

brb1006

I just watched the Disney Family Album episode about Clarence Nash a bit ago. (Remember when Disney Channel actually had great programming about their history?) It was a wonderful tribute the man, recorded not long before he passed. He was really something else. They had them for Jimmy MacDonald and several of the Nine Old Men as well. They're worth seeking out, if you've never seen them.
I remember seeing a special bonus feature about Nash on the Walt Disney Treasures DVD collection of Donald Duck with Leonard Maltin hosting it.

Here's one of the bonus videos with Leonard Maltin interviewing Tony Aselmo.

geekza

I remember seeing a special bonus feature about Nash on the Walt Disney Treasures DVD collection of Donald Duck with Leonard Maltin hosting it.

Here's one of the bonus videos with Leonard Maltin interviewing Tony Aselmo.

Yeah, those Treasures sets were, well, treasures. I wasn't able to get all of them that I wanted, since many of them were released at a time when it was still hit-or-miss at being able to order them online and finding them in stores took some hunting. I got most of the ones I wanted, but was never able to find any of the final wave in stores and now they're through the roof on the secondary market. Heck, there have been some lean times when I've looked at those tins on my shelf and considered unloading a few in order to make some quick cash, but I've never been able to go through with it. They're just too invaluable to a Disney and animation nerd like myself and I know that we'll never see anything like them released by Disney in the foreseeable future. We're gettin a single disc of a few Mickey shorts on Blu-ray for his 90th Birthday, but if they look anything like the HD versions that are on Netflix, they've been digitally scrubbed so hard that most of the backgrounds have lost detail and the characters look like Flash animation.

brb1006

Yeah, those Treasures sets were, well, treasures. I wasn't able to get all of them that I wanted, since many of them were released at a time when it was still hit-or-miss at being able to order them online and finding them in stores took some hunting. I got most of the ones I wanted, but was never able to find any of the final wave in stores and now they're through the roof on the secondary market. Heck, there have been some lean times when I've looked at those tins on my shelf and considered unloading a few in order to make some quick cash, but I've never been able to go through with it. They're just too invaluable to a Disney and animation nerd like myself and I know that we'll never see anything like them released by Disney in the foreseeable future. We're gettin a single disc of a few Mickey shorts on Blu-ray for his 90th Birthday, but if they look anything like the HD versions that are on Netflix, they've been digitally scrubbed so hard that most of the backgrounds have lost detail and the characters look like Flash animation.
I still own the entire Mickey Mouse collection from the black and white era up to the color era of Mickey cartoons.

Timothy_Q

I'd say we have a big chance with the Disney Streaming service next year.

They're creating a show about the Ink and Paint women, so they're willing to invest in new content for that audience.
Would make sense they'd release existing content for the same audience

geekza

True. Disney's ability to get Netflix levels of subscribers comes down to content. The more existing content they can simply drop onto their service, the better.
I agree that we'll see quite a bit of their back catalog on the site, though probably not all at once and not permanently. It will probably be similar to other streaming services where some content stays around, but others are rotated in and out. That provides an incentive for people to stay subscribed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom