Phase closing and wait times - holidays 2012

BryceM

According to the Walt Disney World app, Space Mountain is currently at 160 minutes, Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster are at 160 minutes, and Test Track is at 160 minutes.

Do people really jump into these lines even though the wait times are on the brink of 3 hours?

Rasvar

According to the Walt Disney World app, Space Mountain is currently at 160 minutes, Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster are at 160 minutes, and Test Track is at 160 minutes.

Do people really jump into these lines even though the wait times are on the brink of 3 hours?
Yes, there is actually a large number of people who choose this as the time they make they first ever visit. So there is a list of things they want to see. Then will come home and complain about the lines.

Patricia Melton

Yes, there is actually a large number of people who choose this as the time they make they first ever visit. So there is a list of things they want to see. Then will come home and complain about the lines.

This is 100% true!

Last year, a woman from my church was complaining and said what a horrible vacation she had...and it was because she went Christmas week. When I told her a better time to go is in May or even in June, she said "Who wants to go to Florida in MAY or JUNE when it's hot?". She said she wanted to go to Florida to get away from the Ohio cold...and Christmas was the time she could go because her kids were out of school.

She didn't seem to get the point that Christmas will always be a busy time and that busy times mean long lines.

polynesiangirl

Test track 240

Holy cow!

I once stood in a 2-plus hour line for Splash during Easter week. This was in the pre-FastPass days, though. Granted, I am no longer in the fourth grade, but I cannot fathom waiting in line that long for any rides anymore...not even Splash, which is my favorite! I've gotten way spoiled on wait times.

celluloid

I can't imagine how dissapointed the people coming out of that Test Track line is. It would be a lot shorter if it had all of the bugs worked out. I hope for those people's sake that it mostly consisted of people that really wanted to ride it that badly that it was their last ride of the trip that they really wanted to go on or something.

WDW1974

I'm sorry, but whether it's your first visit or your 100th, that's pure insanity.
I have severe issues getting in line for anything that is longer than 20-40 minutes at any theme park.
I don't know how anything is worth three hours or won't disappoint because nothing will live up to that type of wait time.

WDW1974

Whoever is at the end of that line is an idiot.
Just sayin'....

Probably some hillbilly from Tennessee who makes like $420K a year working for a government defense contractor yet shops at Walmart and lives in a home that would make Honey Boo Boo proud ... just saying ...

Rasvar

I'm sorry, but whether it's your first visit or your 100th, that's pure insanity.
I have severe issues getting in line for anything that is longer than 20-40 minutes at any theme park.
I don't know how anything is worth three hours or won't disappoint because nothing will live up to that type of wait time.
I think the last time I waited two hours for a theme park ride was Space Mountain in the late 70's when I was just a kid. I get antsy when I have to wait ten minutes for a ferry boat now. If you ever see me at a park during this week, it is to meet a friend for a reserved dinner or to hang out with some people just resting as all the other guest scurry around. I'm even this way in Disneyland where I don't go very often. Even when I did RSR, I did single rider line right after it reopened from down time each time. That was only 15 minutes. If I have to wait three hours for a ride, it probably has an ending that...

Rasvar

You guys are giving me BAD memories of the one time I waited in line at DL for the Rocket Rods back in '98.
90-plus minutes including a breakdown ... after like three Cherry Cokes at RR's pizza port.
I missed the Rocket Rod experience. I only got the Superstar Limo experience. There was no line for that.

Fantasmic

I waited nearly 4 hours for Test Track... Easter 1999 it was... it had only just opened. Crazy.... But I figured I'd waited nearly 2 years for it already (remember the touted 1997 opening date) so an extra 4 hours wasn't gonna make much difference!

celluloid

Anything brinking on the three hours plus side is going to have a lot of trouble. Can't imagine being in that line as an adults who did not think to use the restroom before getting in line. A lot of kiddos are going to have those problems too.

At Halloween Horror Nights once a line goes past a certain point, I believe around an hour and a half they give out special raffle like tickets with a number on them. This allows anyone to leave to use the restroom if they have to and the tickets are numbered consecutivley in order so one can return to their proper spot if they really have to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom