Phase closing and wait times - holidays 2012

Rasvar

:yawn:

It has nothing to do with experience, just limited capacity. Really no different than parking DHS guests at Epcot and bussing them over.

UOR may need to expand their parking capacity....just like DHS needs garages

They are a little more landlocked. I know they have some undeveloped parts but there are plans for those pieces that are not parking lots. They might have to purchase land on the other side of Kirkman for parking but hard to see them doing that unless it becomes more than a one week a year problem.

Was at MK on 12/24 and Epcot 12/25. We knew it was going to be crazy so had done all the rides early on and were just doing no wait things like HOP and Liberty Belle. Daughter did the Cards for awhile. Was able to slip into Belle on a 40 minute wait. Overall was OK except was hard pushing broken foot daughter in a wheelchair in the crowds during Wishes. Was already impatient because we were stuck on COP for an extra 1/2 hour while it broke down. By time we escaped that it was so close to Wishes it was crazy. I was about to explode on the next person who jumped in front of her wheelchair and glared at me when I could stop on a dime with a full grown teen in a chair.
If you have to do a park on a Holiday EPCOT was so much nicer. With all the space it didn't feel as crowded. Except of course leaving in the crowds again with a wheelchair. Told several families to watch out because they kept walking in front of her. One lady turned around and snapped at me that she couldn't see my daughter. I told her to look before stepping sideway. I also asked if she drives like that or does she look before turning her car? Trust me when you have a broken foot it doesn't feel good for someone to step, kick or otherwise jar your foot so it's not like we are trying to be in your way. Yeah, after pushing a chair for 11 days my patience was running low. ;)

Rasvar

Was at MK on 12/24 and Epcot 12/25. We knew it was going to be crazy so had done all the rides early on and were just doing no wait things like HOP and Liberty Belle. Daughter did the Cards for awhile. Was able to slip into Belle on a 40 minute wait. Overall was OK except was hard pushing broken foot daughter in a wheelchair in the crowds during Wishes. Was already impatient because we were stuck on COP for an extra 1/2 hour while it broke down. By time we escaped that it was so close to Wishes it was crazy. I was about to explode on the next person who jumped in front of her wheelchair and glared at me when I could stop on a dime with a full grown teen in a chair.
If you have to do a park on a Holiday EPCOT was so much nicer. With all the space it didn't feel as crowded. Except of course leaving in the crowds again with a wheelchair. Told several families to watch out because they kept walking in front of her. One lady turned around and snapped at me that she couldn't see my daughter. I told her to look before stepping sideway. I also asked if she drives like that or does she look before turning her car? Trust me when you have a broken foot it doesn't feel good for someone to step, kick or otherwise jar your foot so it's not like we are trying to be in your way. Yeah, after pushing a chair for 11 days my patience was running low. ;)

Pushing a person in the wheelchair is rough in the parks on a good day. Even worse when trying protect someone with a broken leg that stuck out in the front. I've had to do that myself. It took four of us to move through the crowd: one blocker up front, two guards on the sides and the pusher. We rotated most spots but only two of us were effective blockers. Sometimes size is a benefit at Disney.

mickey2008.1

been there when my hip gave out, jut sat and enjoyed the views, then made my way. Either you leave early, or wait for lighter crowds to leave.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
MK is back open to all again, although the waits are still extremely long. 180 for Space

RSoxNo1

Yes.
It's a problem called "Epcot needs more/better things to do and sticking FP+ on everything ain't gonna help."
Wait... are you saying that building high demand attractions is a better way to spread out the crowds then Fastpass or Fastpass+? I don't believe it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom