Phase closing and wait times - holidays 2012

TalkingHead

Has Epcot ever had a phase-closing? I thought I remembered hearing several years ago that it never had, because the capacity for the place is enormous.

jedonat

Has Epcot ever had a phase-closing? I thought I remembered hearing several years ago that it never had, because the capacity for the place is enormous.
Yes. I've had at least 2 times when I had my resort ID checked at the bottom of the bridge leading to the International Gateway. I'm going to assume that we were at phase 3 then. this was in the mid 2000's... 2002-2003 maybe?

cheezbat

Every central Florida theme park is MAD CRAZY BUSY today. My buddy is working at MK right now and said its been insane all day.

Another friend of mine was at IOA today and said wait times were all around 2 hours or so...

I headed to Busch Gardens but left after seeing that not only was the entire parking lot full, but the overflow parking grass field by Adventure Island waterpark AS WELL as a good chunk of Adventure Island's parking lot was FULL.

This is for sure the worst time to go to the parks.

MissM

Sitting on the pavement behind main street waiting for the midnight fireworks. Trued to get on main street but they send us in A circle and we wound up back here we started. OH well. Lol dj back Here too so not too bad. Happy new year!!

Figment82

Poor Epcot was 6 minutes late with IllumiNations - midnight hit during the finale of RoE, then they still had the countdown show. Still a fantastic spectacle, and the park didn't feel terribly overcrowded. I thought last year was worse, although we stay away from the mobs of people so others may disagree. Happy new year everyone!

Hobnail Boot

Snapped a couple of shots today. It wasn't too crazy really.
resampled20121231165825.jpg

resampled20121231131024.jpg

BringMeTheHoriz

First time at Disney for NYE, and I've got to say I was impressed. Arrived at the park at 6:00, went to Cosmic Rays for dinner and camped in front of the Castle until midnight. A couple observations:

1) For whatever reason a large family started yelling at me for "taking their spot" and "getting in the way of their pictures." Sorry, but if there's open pavement and its NYE and unless you own Disney, you've got no right to anything.

2) 360* fireworks are unreal

3) Waiting 5 hours for midnight was kindof dull, aside from the regular holiday fireworks and the 3 showings of the Holiday Parade performance.

4) The DJ pumping tunes throughout the Magic Kingdom after 12 was absolutely awesome. After riding Splash and POTC with no waits, my date and I danced in front of the castle for an hour or so. Disney should have this sort of thing more often.

5) Here's a grainy video of some of the 360* fireworks. I was spinning really fast so I could catch the gist of what its like:

6) Leaving the MK parking lot wasn't bad at all. Was in my car by 2:00, and I was on I-4 headed towards Tampa by 2:19.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom