Phase closing and wait times - holidays 2012

MissM

Yeah, no kidding. And I'm crazy enough that we're thinking of heading out there tonight. LOL Anyone know if you can valet at the Contemp tonight without having a dinning ressie or room? We're AP's so we normally park free but I'd be willing to pay valet if it meant I could avoid the monorail/ferry situation tonight.

Gt2BtheGoodLife

Yeah, no kidding. And I'm crazy enough that we're thinking of heading out there tonight. LOL Anyone know if you can valet at the Contemp tonight without having a dinning ressie or room? We're AP's so we normally park free but I'd be willing to pay valet if it meant I could avoid the monorail/ferry situation tonight.

Contemp is on parking restrictions so you have to have a rez or room to park.

Gt2BtheGoodLife

Also, if this hasn't been said, everyone please stay safe? Please? Plleeeaaasseeeee? It's crazy, watch around you if you have to back up at all or move, or even if you're going to stand up :)

wogwog

Contemp closed to all except guests with a room or restaurant reservation. Same goes for all the other hotels near MK or Epcot. Have a nice uiet evening and save your sanity.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
MK wait times 4:55pm EST - Mermaid 160, Splash 160, Pan 150, Space 150, Belle 120, JCruise 110, BTM 90, Pirates 80, Buzz 75, HM 65

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
DTD Marketplace bus stop is now closed for today and all buses will pickup and drop off at the Pleasure Island stop only

ChuruyaSan

34fzfbp.jpg

This closure and the EPCOT lines are crazy...but hey, it's the holidays!

You're saying that 95,000 people can fit into MK?????
I think it's like that clowns in a car trick at the circus...but it was crowded like that when a bunch of tweens were at a local mall around here in 2009 when Justin Bieber was going to show up at a mall, but due to the crowd, it was cancelled. Talk about a disturbance to people shopping there!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
OK Soarin' didnt make 300, but Test Track has! As of 5:50pm - TT 300mins, Soarin 280, MSpace 150, Maelstrom 100

mimitchi33

(cue This Is Sparta remix Music)
Just kidding! I just had to reference something else related to said meme...
Not my shot but saw this on twitter doing a search for #WDW: http://instagram.com/p/T6OrakjaWO/ Crazy bag check line at Epcot!
My reaction to that picture:
14mcgag.jpg

FYI, the tidbit about Brazilian tour groups is not racist, it's based off my experiences with crowds in Disney World. Every time I visit, there are a lot of people who are from Brazil there, since they moved to the U.S. due to overpopulation.

For the record, getting in to MK last night was absolutely doable.

Got to the park around 5 and even managed to get into Be Our Guest as a walk up with a 15 minute wait. Didn't do any major attractions, but as the night went on, the park slowly cleared out, though the mountains (save for Splash, which was pretty much walk on all night due to the cold) kept their 2 plus hour waits. Managed to walk on to Pirates, Jungle Cruise, CoP, and People Mover after 9:00.

Sat down on the curb on Main Street right after the 10:30 MSEP passed by (around 11) and stayed for the big fireworks. Walked right out to a monorail afterwards (we hustled but didn't run) and had no wait.

Not nearly as horrendous as I had anticipated, but again, I went in not wanting to do anything but see the fireworks. People with an agenda that included major attractions were likely disappointed.
WOW! You got into Be Our Guest with a short wait? LUCKY! And I was wondering why Splash Mountain had such short waits this week...
Torture is waiting 45 minutes for Journey into Imagination with Figment last New Year's Eve because your autistic brother insisted on riding it.
I was cracking up at that comment, because I actually like that ride! "Congratulations! You win one scent!"
You guys are giving me BAD memories of the one time I waited in line at DL for the Rocket Rods back in '98.
90-plus minutes including a breakdown ... after like three Cherry Cokes at RR's pizza port.
"I have to potty! Try not to think about it Wakko. Just don't think about it..."
Were you able to make it to the restroom in time?

I rarely ever entered the parks on this week when I lived in Orlando. I used to use Mission to Mars as the insanity factor indicator. If that ride had a thirty minute wait, the bathrooms probably had a five minute wait. I can't tell you how many people have asked me if this week was a good week to visit for the first time. My response to that was always simple: "For the love of everything you consider holy, not just no but hell no!"
That's a good strategy to use, Rasvar! Thanks for sharing that with us!

mickey2008.1

agfter seeing that picture, I don't think I would ever want to go, even for just the party. where would you even sit to enjoy the shows, nevermind the wait at the outdoor bars. Wait time for beer?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom