Phase closing and wait times - holidays 2012

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Wow.. this literally is hell week. I know a lot of people would say that they would rather be at Disney right now than where they currently are, but I'm pretty sure I would disagree.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
For the record, getting in to MK last night was absolutely doable.

Got to the park around 5 and even managed to get into Be Our Guest as a walk up with a 15 minute wait. Didn't do any major attractions, but as the night went on, the park slowly cleared out, though the mountains (save for Splash, which was pretty much walk on all night due to the cold) kept their 2 plus hour waits. Managed to walk on to Pirates, Jungle Cruise, CoP, and People Mover after 9:00.

Sat down on the curb on Main Street right after the 10:30 MSEP passed by (around 11) and stayed for the big fireworks. Walked right out to a monorail afterwards (we hustled but didn't run) and had no wait.

Not nearly as horrendous as I had anticipated, but again, I went in not wanting to do anything but see the fireworks. People with an agenda that included major attractions were likely disappointed.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
For the record, getting in to MK last night was absolutely doable.

Got to the park around 5 and even managed to get into Be Our Guest as a walk up with a 15 minute wait. Didn't do any major attractions, but as the night went on, the park slowly cleared out, though the mountains (save for Splash, which was pretty much walk on all night due to the cold) kept their 2 plus hour waits. Managed to walk on to Pirates, Jungle Cruise, CoP, and People Mover after 9:00.

Sat down on the curb on Main Street right after the 10:30 MSEP passed by (around 11) and stayed for the big fireworks. Walked right out to a monorail afterwards (we hustled but didn't run) and had no wait.

Not nearly as horrendous as I had anticipated, but again, I went in not wanting to do anything but see the fireworks. People with an agenda that included major attractions were likely disappointed.

I would say "if only everyone would understand that" but then that would ruin the experience for those of us smart enough to do what you did. That's exactly it, if you know how to manipulate, you can make it enjoyable, but you also have to have the acceptance of not doing the major attractions.

I froze my tush on the Poly beach for 1.5 hours. Totally worth it though! Looking forward to EPCOT tonight!

mimitchi33

Since this wasn't posted yet (and my other New Year's thread was just about all four parks combined), I decided to post it yet again this year!
Here are the current wait times at Epcot:
Captian EO-10 minutes
EPCOT Character Spot-35 minutes
Ellen's Energy Adventure-10 minutes
Journey Into Imagination with Figment-10 minutes
Living With The Land-25 minutes
Mission: SPACE-25 minutes for green version, 70 minutes for orange version
The Seas With Nemo And Friends-20 minutes
Soarin-90 minutes
Spaceship Earth-30 minutes
Gran Fiesta Tour-5 minutes
Maelstrom-35 minutes

DisneyYorkian74

The DisneyQuest New Years Eve party has officially SOLD OUT.

We went to Disney Quest's New Year's Eve party last year and had a total blast!

It was definitely worth the price of admission and I'd strongly recommend it to anyone!

Unfortunately, we can't make it again this year but hopefully we'll get another chance to go next year.

Dads 2 Boys

I've been told FLE increased MK capacity by 15k as of right now. DIsney wanted 20k but RC said no, only 15. So I believe 78k is phase 2, capacity is now 95k. I could be off on that, but I think that's what the discussion was about

You're saying that 95,000 people can fit into MK?????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom