Peter Pan rehab (finally)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
"Peter Pan's Flight is closed for refurbishment from Sunday, May 22 through Thursday, May 26, and will re-open on Friday, May 27, 2005."

Finally - it was starting to look pretty shabby.

thimblekisses

Ahhh wise of them to wait until IASW was back up and running. Imagine the chaos of Fanasyland if both were closed!!!

Speaking of which, does anyone remember a brief period of time when IASW first closed for renovation in which the sign or times guide or something said something to the effect of "IASW is closed for refurbishment. We recommend Pirates of the Carribbean as an alternative during this time." And I thought, yeah, your two year old will love that one!
It was very soon after changed to "we recommend Peter Pan's Flight" but it was amusing while it lasted.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
thimblekisses said:
"IASW is closed for refurbishment. We recommend Pirates of the Carribbean as an alternative during this time."

A boat's a boat, right? They're tourists! What do they know? :D

MagliteL13

There was one time I ended up as a greeter at Pinochios(Pecos, where I normally worked, went without power). Anyways, Pan as usual was backed up with a wait of 90 minutes, Small World was down for rehab, Dumbo was 101 (not working), and there was some press thing at Philharmagic. Oh, the hatred that was delt that afternoon (and with good reason!)

NIU EE

note to self: remember to ride peter pan early on during disney portion of vacation, as it will be closed during the last few days.

MicBat

hopefully they'll fix the curtain that separates Neverland from London. There's a gap towards the end. Really bad show!

thedreamer

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by warlord
they could put new foil in the volcano :D
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SpenceMan01 said:
Ditto on that one!

Lol! Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks that as well. :wave:

dixiegirl

thimblekisses said:
Ahhh wise of them to wait until IASW was back up and running. Imagine the chaos of Fanasyland if both were closed!!!

Speaking of which, does anyone remember a brief period of time when IASW first closed for renovation in which the sign or times guide or something said something to the effect of "IASW is closed for refurbishment. We recommend Pirates of the Carribbean as an alternative during this time." And I thought, yeah, your two year old will love that one!
It was very soon after changed to "we recommend Peter Pan's Flight" but it was amusing while it lasted.
yeah we laughed at that last year to when we seen the sign....yeah because they are so simliar..lolthats like saying "well the adventure of pooh ride is closed for refub but as an alternative we recommend the haunted mansion" ...lol....that would be funny though...try explaing that to a 3 year old looking for pooh bear..lol

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
mousermerf said:
Interestingly enough, Peter Pan's recommended alternate is Pooh, not small world.

The whole "We recomend" thing is a crock.....Like, you arent going to ride it anyway........... :brick:

chancellor

I'm actually disappointed at how short this rehab is. Usually after these brief rehabs, you can't even notice the difference. IMHO, Pan is in the worst shape of any of the dark rides at MK. The whole ride needs to be cleaned and repainted, like Small World.

I also hope at the very least they do something about that foil in the volcano! :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom