Peter Pan rehab (finally)

Magicot

Actually, this PPF Rehab is not to change or improve the ride. WDI thought that since the name of the attraction is "Peter Pan's Flight", that the waiting and enterance area be changed to reflect the attraction's name. It will now be themed to an airport's terminal with new airport themed CM costumes.

:animwink:

STGRhost

Ths is pro'lly the wrong place for this, but I am inspired to tell the story about closing Fantasyland as a Custodial host, and being called to PPF for a protein spill. They weren't kidding! This stuff started at the transition from London to NeverNever Land, and trailed through the rest of the ride. It took two of us almost an hour to clean it all up (it doesn't help when you have to pause to gag now and then :hurl: )! The CMs closing the ride just sort of...watched. And occasionally offered helpful thoughts like "Wow, y'all must have strong stomachs!" and "Boy, I just could not do your job!". :brick:
On the up side, we got to walk around the whole set, which was pretty cool (And I chose PPF for my 100YoM nametag as an inside joke...)

Topic? Yeah, the whole place could probably use a good scrubbing... :animwink:

Chape19714

^i bet they called it "techinal difficulties" while it was closed, right?^

Good, I think Pan needs the rehab. It is a fairly simple ride, but needs alot of work.

MicBat

Chape19714 said:

Good, I think Pan needs the rehab. It is a fairly simple ride, but needs alot of work.
Always! :lol:

STGRhost

:lol: Actually, they didn't find out it had happened until they were doing the walk through after park close. So they have NO idea when it happened - could have sat there all day (It was definetly not fresh). None of the guests mentioned being sick, or seeing anything. They couldn't believe it was as bad as it was and NO ONE said anything... I remember wondering what they would have done if the ride had still been open...

I still love the ride, though - I know this rehab isn't long enough to do what they did at IASW, but It'd be nice to see that done to PPF eventually (As well as most of the other, older rides at MK and EC...)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
DisneyBunny said:
How difficult is it to get a ladder, and scotch tape some new foil on that thing??

Just curious--
Is there a rule from keeping some enterprising cast member from doing small repairs around their attraction? Or does it have to be a fully authorized and sanctioned rehab by WDI?

MicBat

unkadug said:
Just curious--
Is there a rule from keeping some enterprising cast member from doing small repairs around their attraction? Or does it have to be a fully authorized and sanctioned rehab by WDI?
Cast cannot change anything in the attraction. WDI does random walkthrougs to see that this doesn't happen.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
OK, I can see both sides of this. You wouldn't want a CM "hanging a Harry Potter in the London scene", but would WDI really tear back down the foil that a CM had repaired?

MiklCraw4d

Magicot said:
Actually, this PPF Rehab is not to change or improve the ride. WDI thought that since the name of the attraction is "Peter Pan's Flight", that the waiting and enterance area be changed to reflect the attraction's name. It will now be themed to an airport's terminal with new airport themed CM costumes.

Haha nice...

I am glad to see PFF going down for some TLC. It really needs it. I would love to see it get a super-rehab like IASW but I'll take what I can get! I don't know why but I really dig PFF. It's definitely my favorite Fantasyland attraction, and one of my fave dark rides overall. Maybe it's the cool ride system, maybe it's the atmosphere, I dunno. That flight over London is just.... cool.

It's queue, though... oy. Is it ever not three hours long? It never ceases to amaze me. Maybe they just need to double the length of the ride... :)

DisneyGal126

Ralph Wiggum said:
no offense, but it's one of the attractions I don't ' get '. I can never comprehend why it commmands an hour to two hour waits. :confused:

I loved this ride when I was little! Plus Peter Pan is one of my favorite Disney movies!!! I don't know, the whole concept of flying in a boat over Neverland was just so magical to me when I was little and it has never worn off!

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom