Peter Pan rehab (finally)

DisneyJill

hakunamatata said:
The whole "We recomend" thing is a crock.....Like, you arent going to ride it anyway........... :brick:

:lol:

"We recommend Pirates of the Caribbean as an alternative to It's a Small World. If you weren't planning to ride It's a Small World though, we do not recommend Pirates of the Caribbean."

:lookaroun

jmuboy

Five days, that's actually a decent amount of time to fix up some of the minor issues and paint problems that have come up. Maybe a few simple surprises can be added during this time as well.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I hope jmuboy is right, but I don't hold out much hope for getting what is needed done in a week...

Maybe they will just be adding Stitch :zipit:

diddy_mouse

i agree...the volcano does need some serious help! definitely a favorite ride of mine :D

*adds to list of shiny new things to look foward to in Oct*

Empress Room

warlord said:
they could put new foil in the volcano :D

Has anyone else ever noticed that there is one mermaid in particular in the volcano/island scene who is not only rather scantily clad, but also rather "well endowed?" Here's betting that some imagineers have been laughing all these years at what must be an inside joke on the mermaid's outfit and "design." Wonder if she'll be part of the rehab!

djronnieb

Yep I just heard whats planned for the rehab is not to paint or fix anything, infact since it's in such bad shape right now all they are going to do is add some more damage to it, including some toliet paper covering London, and then you'll see Stich hiding in different areas of the ride....

:D :D

AdLibSean

I hope some of the figures get a new coat of paint as well... they as well as the volcano were looking kinda rough last time I rode it.

Bravesfn1

Peter Pan Rehab

I agree with everyone on the characters needing a new coat of paint. I think IASW characters look great! Do you think they'll be able to paint all the characters during this rehab?

sabian

This makes me happy. I love the attraction. It deserves an update........can't wait to see it after.......
OH GUYS!!!! this is my 100th post...pretty cool......... :wave:

mitchk

Peter Pan is one of my girlfriends favorites, so we ride it at least 2 times a visit. When I was there in Oct for MickysNSSHParty, the line was very short so we rode it twice that night, and all I could think was this ride realy needs a rehab. They need to keep the same concept, flying over everything, but add some new AA's, new effects, some real London fog. They must have some kind of AA's just laying around in the workshops that are more advanced than the ones in the current ride. I see better AA's at the mall at christmas.

Tim G

mousermerf said:
"Peter Pan's Flight is closed for refurbishment from Sunday, May 22 through Thursday, May 26, and will re-open on Friday, May 27, 2005."

Finally - it was starting to look pretty shabby.
Some rehab that's going to be... :rolleyes: 5 days...

Anyway... Thanks for info Mousermerf... :D

djronnieb

if i remember correctly, they had a small, maybe 5-7 day rehab of ISW not too long before the big rehab it just finished. I want to say they did this small rehab 6-12month before it went down for the big one? I could be wrong, but from my memory I think I'm correct.

WDWFanatic

That reminds me, When we were in IASW last week for extra magic hours the sound shut off completely thru half the ride. Very spooky! everyone thought we were about to get attacked by dolls.

tnemgif

I think WDW needs to start concentrating a lot on rehabs and refurbs because even when you just see one missing paint chip or a bit of rust on something it just seems to take away the Disney "magic" so I'm glad this is getting done.

brentley2

thedreamer said:
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by warlord
they could put new foil in the volcano :D
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lol! Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks that as well. :wave:

I agree totally- this is one of my favorites, but that foil has been peeling off forever. I mean, how hard would it be to glue that stuff back down? Or better yet, install a dry ice mechanism?

bgraham34

brentley2 said:
I agree totally- this is one of my favorites, but that foil has been peeling off forever. I mean, how hard would it be to glue that stuff back down? Or better yet, install a dry ice mechanism?

The foil coming off, that made me giggle at my desk. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom