Peter Pan rehab (finally)

DisneyBunny

The foil on the volcano...ugh...

funny thing is, I had never ridden this before my last visit, so I have no cherished childhood memories of this ride. But I was still excited to see it when we last went. When I came out, all I could remember was how awful that volcano was... It took another ride through to get myself to focus on something, anything else during that ride-by. Luckily I'm a big WDW fan, and generally not overly critical of such things... I've excused some sad ride flaws in the past... but that foil is bad form! How difficult is it to get a ladder, and scotch tape some new foil on that thing?? Even if it wasn't an "approved" rehab.... My first impression of it was that it looked like some child's sad science fair project...

djronnieb

I have only been on this ride once in the last few years I've gone, because... well I don't know, but my point is, I can't picture this foil everyone is talking about. Could someone take a pic of it and post so I rememeber how bad it looks, thanks.

Brent

^^ did someone say ladder lol Yes give the ladder a home in Peter Pan in the bedroom scene. Maybe it could even have a stuffed Stitch on it. But hopefuly this is a warning of a small rehab before a big one like it was w/ IASW, that way Peter Pan can get the love it deserves. The paint then can total be redone, the curtin fixed, and the foil reglued. Ah I can see it now a classic gets attention maybe this will continue on to Haunted Mansion, COP, ect. Lets Hope

Tim G

nicholas said:
Or maybe they are adding Harry Potter flying over London on his Firebolt broomstick :lookaroun :lol:
92.gif
69.gif

Sledge

Account Suspended
djronnieb said:
I have only been on this ride once in the last few years I've gone, because... well I don't know, but my point is, I can't picture this foil everyone is talking about. Could someone take a pic of it and post so I rememeber how bad it looks, thanks.

Yeah, I second that. I remember thinking it looked odd but I can't visualize it.

Also, does anyone have a picture of the fog?

jmuboy

Whoever said earlier in this thread that WDW needs to focus on rehabs could not be more right. Seems like WDW has let their rehabs really slip recently. I hope WDW is not slipping into a dark period (sounds dramatic I know) like DL had in the late 90's and early 2000's. MK espescially needs help on Peter Pan, Pirates, HM and just in general in some of the streets and guest areas. Would be great to see the MK get a floor to ceiling rehab like DL has gotten over the last 2 years. WDW is a big enough money maker that it certainly deserves the rehabs. Plus, people will keep streaming through the gates at the MK. So, for now I would rather see rehab money instead of new ride money (at the MK).

Oh well - I don't run WDW.....all I can do is hope.

nibblesandbits

I'm just happy this rehab doesn't interfere with my trip! I haven't ridden Peter Pan in a REALLY, REALLY long time b/c the last few times I've been, the lines have been horribly long! I am really looking forward to riding it b/c I have absolutely no recolection of it at all.

MicBat

Ralph Wiggum said:
no offense, but it's one of the attractions I don't ' get '. I can never comprehend why it commmands an hour to two hour waits. :confused:
One word... FastPass. Or is that two? :confused: :lol:

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
sure, fastpass. but what's the appeal to the attraction? just looking for opinions, maybe I'm missing something. we've all got our favorites.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How about a radical idea... a smoke machine and an orange light in the volcano?? I`m sure WDI could do this without busting the budget and it would look a lot better than foil!

BTW - Pan at DLP has had FP since the machines were installed in the park, and it is consistantly one of the parks major crowd pullers. Us crazy Europeans...

DisneyBunny

Ralph Wiggum said:
sure, fastpass. but what's the appeal to the attraction? just looking for opinions, maybe I'm missing something. we've all got our favorites.

I never rode this when I was little because I was a practical kid - if I was going to wait in line for upwards of an hour (in the pre-fastpass days) I wanted it to be for one of the mountains.. or something of the like.

So, the first time I saw the ride was when I was 23. And that was only because there were no lines... I thought it was a really nice kids ride... nothing scary, some cool scenes, and the like. It's not enough to really make me a PPF devotee though. When I have kids, I'll take them on it, but unless I stumble upon another really short line, I'd rather see something else. That being said, I'm glad to see it get some attention. While not one of my favorite rides, I like to see it get the work it needs.

As for where said volcano is... I don't have a picture of it, but it's to the right of the pirate ship as soon as you enter Neverland....if memory sevres me right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom