Peru to World Showcase Rumor

glee

Being a half Peruvian I find it offensive that many would think that Peru is a drug haven. Peruvian culture is far different from it neighboring countries, its a mix of old ancient Inca, Asian influences, and Spaniard cultures. Though it maybe far fetch that Disney will consider to built a Peruvian Pavilion any time soon, I applaud the creator of this topic for thinking outside the box and instead of hearing the same old tired rumors of Russia and Greece being built.

Truth of the matter is that, being also an Epcot cast member, Disney in NO way is planning on building a new showcase any time soon or has any plans for the future. They are just focusing on getting each country to enhance the experience. You will notice this on how, each country is adding new dining options and shops (eg: Mexico's new waterside cafe, China's recent upgrade of the circle vision film, and France's new Givenchy shop).

Sorry dude. It was more of the thought of disney having a ride where you have to dodge bullets thats tickled me.:animwink:

Monorail_Orange

YESTERDAY I ATTEND TO THE OPENING OF THE NEW HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT BUILDING IN WHICH KRISTIN BEEN, RAUL DIEZ CANSECO AND OTHER AUTHORITIES TALKED ABOUT THE INTENDED MACHU PICCHU REPLICA TO BE BUILT SOON IN EPCOT CENTER AND, AS LONG AS THEY TOLD ALL THE STUDENTS THAT WERE THERE, IT'S A HUGE POSSIBILITY.

SO, I CAN SAY IN A FEW YEARS PERU WOULD HAVE A PAVILION.

I hope you're right. But please forgive the disbelief on behalf of everyone here including myself, because we've been promised new countries in World Showcase at Epcot for pretty much 28 years now, and the closest we've come was the Millennium Pavilion ten years ago - and even that was only temporary.

In the meantime, if you hear more, we'd love to hear back from you. :wave:

Figment1986

I can see them doing like what they did with spain and create a temp pavilion at food and wine, then maybe take it a step further and build it for real, unlike which happened with spain.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Kristi Breen, Disney World Wide Service Manager, was thrilled and “amazed” after visiting Machu Picchu, and they both spoke about that possibility.
I`m sure they would be if they saw Red Square, or the Pyramids.

aladdin2007

I can see them doing like what they did with spain and create a temp pavilion at food and wine, then maybe take it a step further and build it for real, unlike which happened with spain.

Would be nice but same thing happened with Turkey. Their tourism board had also stated a full fledged pavilion would follow the festival large temorpary one, but it of course never did. I wish they had kept the temporary Spain one, even though it was temp it was nice. Would love to see a permanent addition such as Peru, but I'll believe it when the wall goes up announcing World Showcase's first new pavilion in over 20 years.

jt04

Original Poster
I'd just say that this rumor carries more credibility than the revived Russia rumor posted by Jim Hill about 2 years ago. Peru makes sense. It's mysterious and unfamiliar to many Americans. They are more allied with the US lately and this would be a natural extension of that relationship when we need closer bonds to other nations.

Some of the ignorant comments made in this thread just prove that many Americans do not have a good understanding of Peru or it's people and culture.

Peru is perfect for World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom