Peru to World Showcase Rumor

jt04

Original Poster
My favorite possibilities for a WS add are Greece, Egypt, Thailand and Peru. Mainly because they have rich histories, great food or both. Since WS does not have a South American pavilion perhaps Disney is aiming to fix the oversight. The possibilities here are compelling....Machu Picchu!

http://www.livinginperu.com/news-11...-exhibiting-replica-machu-picchu-epcot-center

What an amazing idea for a new pavilion. :) So much better than Brazil.

Discuss at leisure....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My favorite possibilities for a WS add are Greece, Egypt, Thailand and Peru. Mainly because they have rich histories, great food or both. Since WS does not have a South American pavilion perhaps Disney is aiming to fix the oversight. The possibilities here are compelling....Machu Picchu!

http://www.livinginperu.com/news-11...-exhibiting-replica-machu-picchu-epcot-center

What an amazing idea for a new pavilion. :) So much better than Brazil.

Discuss at leisure....

Considering the horrible journalism in that article it kinda makes me wonder if this isn't some kind of fanboi pipe dream.

jt04

Original Poster
Second. Isn't there a whole thread regarding WS at the moment as well?

Yes but this is the first concrete evidence of any kind indicating they might actually be considering a new pavilion in years. Justifies it's own thread right there.

Peru :sohappy:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
If we're just going to make this a WS Additional Country pipe dream thread, I'd like to second the motion for either Egypt or Greece. Though my only real requirement about another country would be good alcohol offerings... :)lookaroun :lol: ) A small pyramid seems to be lacking from WS at this point.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Perhaps you need to better develop your read between the lines skills.

And perhaps you should stop being so petulant when someone disagrees with you, Jt.....

You have a businessman and former Peruvian Congessman saying a model of Machu Picchu may be exhibited at Epcot. And you have a Service Manager, in the country on behalf of an exchange program for Disney cooks, saying she was amazed after visiting the site. Well, anyone who has been to Machu Picchu is amazed by it. It is simply a stunning and historic locale. But neither her impressions of Machu Picchu nor the statements of a potential model being possibly displayed at Epcot equate to that nation ponying up for a new pavilion.......

Bork Bork

TDO loves their character tie-ins (ala Donald in Mexico) and Peru would give them Kuzco, Kronk's Restaurant ("Ooh, my spinach puffs!), Izma's "pull-the-lever-Kronk" dark ride, and Pacha's house up on the hill...

Oh, the wonder of it all! :eek:

Wilt Dasney

If Disney has sent cooks to a Peruvian university to learn about local cuisine, that seems notable. :shrug:

I'd want to see more sourcing and details before calling this a full-fledged rumor (never heard of that site), but this seems like a fun little tidbit. A baby rumorette, maybe. :)

Captain Hank

And perhaps you should stop being so petulant when someone disagrees with you, Jt.....

You have a businessman and former Peruvian Congessman saying a model of Machu Picchu may be exhibited at Epcot. And you have a Service Manager, in the country on behalf of an exchange program for Disney cooks, saying she was amazed after visiting the site. Well, anyone who has been to Machu Picchu is amazed by it. It is simply a stunning and historic locale. But neither her impressions of Machu Picchu nor the statements of a potential model being possibly displayed at Epcot equate to that nation ponying up for a new pavilion.......
What he said. Likely an off-hand remark was made by the person from Worldwide Services (by the way, what does that segment of the company actually do? The only time I've seen that department title is on my paycheck) that was misinterpreted by an over-excited ex-politician.

SirNim

This is the strangest piece of journalism I've seen in several months...

Check out the University's official line...

If it were a WDI representative visiting Peru that would indicate one thing. A "Worldwide Services Manager" visit is something else entirely, one which indicates to me there will be no new WS pavilion in the foreseeable future. Like Hank wrote, it's like a local honcho misinterpreted a polite comment made by the Disney rep and ran with it. Sure, Macchu Picchu is wonderful (so I've heard), but it's like if someone asks you if you like what they're wearing—etiquette demands that you can't say anything but "Yes!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom