People who STILL don't know how to use Fastpass....

righttrack

I personally know of 4 families who had their first Disney trip this year so don't be too hard on people who don't know all the ropes. Not everyone gets to visit as often as you might and there was a time when we all had our first visit.

Not an excuse for dirty looks but just something to think about

I've seen DVC members who don't even get it!

I'm waiting for the day, before my trip, I can go to a website and make an appointment to go on every ride. Have that tied to my room key, Done!

WDWCPF98

I'm surprised to hear that so many people have encountered guests who had no idea how to use fast pass. I think on two occations I've heard a guest say what a rip-off fast pass was - and I just never understood that.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I've seen DVC members who don't even get it!

I'm waiting for the day, before my trip, I can go to a website and make an appointment to go on every ride. Have that tied to my room key, Done!
Who can do that? DVC members?
That'd be awesome!

omgthatsfun

I do sometimes give those people zipping by me in the FP lane dirty looks - although it's a result of my frustration for having somehow neglected the advantage of using FP :brick: I usually hurry on to the line in my excitement and don't think of just getting a fastpass and waiting a little while till the time indicated. Now you know that at least one of those dirty looks is from a silly girl who tends not to think. :hammer:

Susan Savia

We only use the Fast Pass on a very few rides and it doesn't bother me one single bit when we're walking quickly up the que and right onto the ride and all those folks are looking at us and making comments as we go by. Standing in line is their choice.

jakeman

So just a funny aside to the whole FP thing.

I worked at Kilimanjaro Safari back in 1999. We were the first attraction to introduce FastPass. At the time, no other attraction in WDW had it.

We had multiple cast members out front introducing the system, explaining it to any guest that would listen.

Because it was brand new, only a very small fraction of the guest used it.

As everyone is familiar, FastPass splits the queue into Standby and Fastpass, so by the time you get to stroller parking, you have been in the standby line for sometimes close to an hour watching people pass you.

I don't think I have ever been called so many names, the most of which being "racist", while parking strollers.

While I understand people not getting it back then, the vehement reaction so people had baffles me to this day, especially the cries of racism.

fraumaus

Disney, thankfully is unlikely to listen to your opinion, they actually have concrete statistical analysis upon which to make their decisions rather than nostalgic, anecdotal ramblings.

I wish Disney would make more decisions based on our (MontyMon's in particular) nostalgic, anecdotal ramblings.

:D

LoriMistress

I know how to use FP, but I never seen people in the stand by line give me dirty looks. But then again, I normally don't look at them. I just breeze on by.

wdwaddict71

when you see them getting a fastpass when theres like a 5 minute wait.
Wait times can change though and it doesn't bother me if someone else wants a FP..I'm with the OP, I have zero sympathy for those who are ignorant about FP. It's on the back of the park maps, for Pete's sake.:shrug:

wdwmomof3

You know, ever since I learned about fastpass I kind of wanted to keep it a secret.:lookaroun:ROFLOL:Well, I noticed on the bus ride from POR to the Magic Kingdom, the recording was telling people about it and how it worked. I was like NOOOOOO!!!! :lol: Maybe no one was listening. :rolleyes:

Mansion Butler

On some rides it is acceptable to give those dirty looks. These rides would be ones that would work better without Fastpass such as Buzz.
False. Give the dirty looks to the people who actually have control over that, maybe (which is almost no cast member you will actually see, including Guest Service Managers). Don't give it to the guests who are doing the same damn thing you could have done.

Mansion Butler

I'm sure Fastpass is open during extra magic hours just as a precaution incase it does get busy.
Peter Pan absolutely needs FP even during EMH.

I was once working Fast Pass and a guest yelled at me "hey, buddy, you know that's not fair!"

I asked him "wh?" He said "we've been standing in line for two hours [this was a lie] and they just put their card in a little machine."

I went "well, they paid the same ammount on their park admission as you did to be able to do that, sir. They just chose to do it instead of standing in a long line."

He just goes "well. . . yeah. . ." :ROFLOL:

My DGF once worked a FP location and had someone complain to her about how people in the FP line were just whizzing by and he wanted to be put on the ride. He rudely demanded a manager, and when she got one, his only comment was "yes, sir, that's why it's called FASTpass."

Mansion Butler

I personally know of 4 families who had their first Disney trip this year so don't be too hard on people who don't know all the ropes. Not everyone gets to visit as often as you might and there was a time when we all had our first visit.

Not an excuse for dirty looks but just something to think about
Why wouldn't you do your research? Even just look at the back of your park map and/or talk to a cast member?

Its unrealistic to expect everyone to read the entire park map forwards and backwards. People are on vacation, sometimes they don't even get a map on the way in.

And that's a really good way to not get the most of your vacation. There's no reason not to make sure you know what you're doing wherever you go, Walt Disney World included. And it's not like learning about FP is even that cloak and dagger.

Knowing everything about WDW is one thing. Knowing the basics of Fastpass is much less.

I had two acquaintances visiting WDW for the first time this summer. Both of them were under the impression that Fast Pass was something extra that you had to purchase to skip the lines for rides. Neither of them were planning on "buying it". I'm assuming they would have read the info when they got there & understood it, but who knows. I'm wondering if a lot of people think that's what fast pass is?

Yes, constantly. If you were Fastpass Distribution, you are asked every few seconds "how much?" I've had plenty of people complain that they don't want to pay for Fastpass at just about every position I've ever worked anywhere on property.

And I really think Disney does about as good a job as I would expect on educating people about it. Some people just don't feel like putting forth the effort, and they're going to get shafted for it. And then look silly when they get angry about shafting themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom