People/Things that really annoy you(get it off your chest thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thumper

I just finished reading all of your peeves and I loved them!:lol:

A couple of mine to add are:

1) In rides where a theater is involved and the CM tells you to move alllllll the way down filling every seat in the row. Meanwhile, you have a clueless family sitting smack in the center and you're tripping over them. And of course, they pretend to ignore you. We were in this situation once and because they were in the middle, our party was split up ( one half on one side of the family, the other half on the other). They didn't care...my whole take is..if you know you want to sit in the center, then don't be first waiting for the doors to open. Let some people go!

2) I can't stand when the parks close, and people are running for the resort buses to take them back. This happened after Illuminations to us in '95. This woman saw us heading to the PO bus and yells at her kid up ahead to, "Run, Run, go, go, go". Why are you running??? To only wait on line since there are about 40 other people ahead of you?

3) I love it when you're on a queue and a little kid is walking on the railings with their feet..therefore, the line is moving much slower than it could be. I can't say it's a pet peeve because I know I used to do it ( until my mom told me to get down!)

4) I know many of you have said this, but I feel the need to repeat it - there's nothing worse than being at the Happiest Place on Earth and seeing a parent beat the living daylights out of their kid. I know it certainly makes me wonder and gives me a quick tinge of sadness when I see that occur.

Whew! Ok, I'm glad I got those things off my chest! :)

Colin

Another annoying thing is when crowds are moving into a theater, the CM tells them to move all the way to the other side and you always get a few dumb@sses who insist on being greedy and sit in the middle of the row.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
I noticed that several times it was mentioned about parents who discipline their children. I see no problem with it when the kids are acting bratty or outright disobedient. But if the parent goes off on them for something like spilling a drink or something petty like that, THEN it gets on my nerves. But from what I've seen, the parents walking around there DON'T give their kids the smack they need most of the time. Whether or not it's WDW is irrelevant....smack the brat when they need it.

DisneyMom0324

Originally posted by thumper

1) In rides where a theater is involved and the CM tells you to move alllllll the way down filling every seat in the row. Meanwhile, you have a clueless family sitting smack in the center and you're tripping over them. And of course, they pretend to ignore you.

Either they ignore you, or they give you really dirty looks for stepping all over them - as if you're in the wrong for doing what the CM told everyone to do in the first place! Some people...:rolleyes:

Josh

My pet peeve...

...is smokers who disregard the designated smoking area--and cast members who refuse to confront them when they *are* ignoring the rules.

I know it's difficult to *invite* a conflict, but the rule becomes ridiculous when a cast member sees someone smoking as they tour the park--or stand in line--and choose to overlook the infraction.

Then again, I'm an "ex-smoker," so maybe I'm more about this!

Josh
***"A Walt Disney World Resort Outing" NEW TRAVEL GUIDE***

Belle_kg

Well, there aren't many things that bother me in WDW, but I need to make a comment about the cheerleaders during the championships in February. I was there @ that same time b/c it fell during Mardi Gras break this year. I don't really have much of a right to complain about them, because I was a cheerleader myself during highschool & my squad had the opportunity to go to nationals both years that I was cheering (we never could go b/c our principal was a loser, but that's a different story). Anyways, yes, often the groups did bug me...but that was just because they were acting like 25 year olds when they were only 15-17. Even then, I could at least stomach it...the only thing that I saw while I was there this year was the first day when we were in MK waiting for Share A Dream Come True Parade across from Splash Mountain, some group decides, "Oh, let's practice our extensions right here in the middle of the park!" These crazy people (a guy and a girl) do a liberty right in front of Splash Mountain with ALLLLL kinds of people standing around. That was absolutely the dumbest thing and most egotistical thing (ouu..look at what we can do) that I have ever encountered & what would have happened if someone had bumbed into them and the girl would have fallen....anyways...I thought I would get that off my chest! lol

Strawberryblond

Yes, I would have to say that the smoking does get to me. When you are in a queue, there is no way of getting away from it. I do worry for my kids, asthma tends to run in my family, so I'm careful. Makes me feel like a bad guy to ask someone to put it out so the CM should. Don't know of a magical way to ask though, lol.

I saw quite a few comments on older, fat people in carts so they don't have to wait in line. My Mom is in her late 50's and she is obese. She really can't get out and enjoy life anymore. Being overweight contributes alot to her problems but it goes beyond being big. She wants to go to WDW with my family, my sister's family and her two kids this next March. I am going to look into renting her a cart so that we have the option of not being with her every single moment (she doesn't have the strength nor energy to wheel herself in a wheel chair). I would prefer to be a smaller group with no one in a wheelchair, I'm a gal who likes to move, not much patience. Instead I will have to move at my Mom's pace (I can feel myself gritting my teeth already) and try to "mush" our entire crowd from ride to ride (11 people in all!) So what do we do once we get her to the ride? 1 person take her through the handicapped route while the rest of us stand in line and ride at a different time than her? All 11 of us go to the front of the line to ride at the same time and be hated by all? We will be there the first week in March if you want to avoid us, lol!

BTW, I used a baby sling for my two year old son our last visit to WDW. Great for in the queues, no stroller to park. Took him back to hotel for a nap each day. He loved every moment of his week there. Mickey is his fav! The baby swap allowed my husband and I each to ride the best rides, why would the baby swap tick someone off?

Buzzforprez

People that jump infront of you and those that have no patience while waiting for a child to get a photo with their favorite character. Yeah we adults may pay the bills but this word was built with the hearts of children in Walt's mind. Relax, be patient. I have yet to see a character who didn't go out of their way for everyone present. And if you can't be nice, be a six-flags customer. :D :sohappy: :D

SykedOwt

The Mall Crawl (When People walk Incredibly Slow in the Middle of the Path.

People Who Just Randomly Stop In the middle of the Path

When People Sit in the Eating Areas after they are finished, I mean 5-10 mins is ok but how about 45 mins?

Maria

Originally posted by Belle_kg
Anyways, yes, often the groups did bug me...but that was just because they were acting like 25 year olds when they were only 15-17.

I´m curious... how do 25 year olds act, and is that good or bad? :veryconfu ;)

These crazy people (a guy and a girl) do a liberty right in front of Splash Mountain with ALLLLL kinds of people standing around.

What is a "liberty"?:confused: ;)

Thank you! :)

Belle_kg

no no no...lol...25 year olds aren't aggravating...its the teeny boppers that are acting WAYYYY older than they are! lol A liberty is an extension when the flyer (girl on the top of the pyramid so to say) is standing on one foot and the other leg is bent so that the foot is by the other leg's knee! That's not a great explanation if you don't already know what it is...but I'll try and find a picture to post..lol

oh...I have one more thing that bugs me that I forgot about...Parents who take their obviously too young children on rides like Tower of Terror. I have been on ToT several times with little kids that were practically having a panic attack & crying soooo much b/c it scared them!! I just wanted to give them a hug! lol

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
I dislike people who actually find Alien Encounter to be scary or worth seeing.

I also dislike people who scream on rides like Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It just makes me roll my eyes and say "get a life" to people who do that.

DisneyKrazed

Originally posted by SilentRascal
I dislike people who actually find Alien Encounter to be scary or worth seeing.

I also dislike people who scream on rides like Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It just makes me roll my eyes and say "get a life" to people who do that.

Now I think thats wrong. When on a ride that has "thrills", rollercoasters above all. Screaming is all part of the fun! Come on.. Don't tell me you don't sit on a ride and scream. Not cause your scared, but because it feels good and for the time on the ride your able to have fun like that.

Strawberryblond

Belle, I feel so sorry for the scared kids on Tower of Terror too. The first time I rode TT, a small girl was pleading with her parents to not make her ride. She was terrified and sounded as if she were dying, can tear you up inside.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DisneyKrazed

Now I think thats wrong. When on a ride that has "thrills", rollercoasters above all. Screaming is all part of the fun! Come on.. Don't tell me you don't sit on a ride and scream. Not cause your scared, but because it feels good and for the time on the ride your able to have fun like that.

Sorry, but I don't see how screaming adds to the enjoyment of a ride. I think it's just stupid.

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by SilentRascal

Sorry, but I don't see how screaming adds to the enjoyment of a ride. I think it's just stupid.

Sometimes people scream because they are SCARED.

Tom Morrow

Well to most people, and myself, screaming doesn't bother me, and it actually does makes the ride more fun. The only time I hate screaming is:

1. When people scream the entire ride, even on the lift
2. When a group of girls scream so loud your ear drums hurt
3. When people are obnoxious and scream for no reason, or shout out swear words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom