News People mover now reopened!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I didn't think it was closed to upgrade anything, but rather to fix a track issue? Not sure why we'd be expecting new features?
Expect is a big word but geez if you’re going to be down for a year it sure would be nice to make some sort of improvement to solve the load/unload issue. Especially since it will presumably be even more of an issue with distancing.

celluloid

I didn't think it was closed to upgrade anything, but rather to fix a track issue? Not sure why we'd be expecting new features?

Well it was a year since last operating at the world's most famous and once highest standard theme park resort. Zero new attractions are opening in said park this year. They gave two official dates for reopening and fixes that ended up with complete duds. Now we have had an official PR statement with a Park operations President letting us know that it will be reopening this time for sure.

I can't blame some for thinking some sort of upgrade would happen in the year of downtime. Even if it is just smoother or cleaner.

It is so sad when the company had to do that release this week to let people know for this time, it was official official, and not just regular official.

dreday3

Well it was a year since last operating at the world's most famous and once highest standard theme park resort. Zero new attractions are opening in said park this year. They gave two official dates for reopening and fixes that ended up with complete duds. Now we have had an official PR statement with a Park operations President letting us know that it will be reopening this time for sure.

I can't blame some for thinking some sort of upgrade would happen in the year of downtime. Even if it is just smoother or cleaner.

It is so sad when the company had to do that release this week to let people know for this time, it was official official, and not just regular official.

I'm assuming that actually is what they fixed in regards to track. Or attempted to fix. I don't know, guess someone will find out eventually...or not! 😂

Parker in NYC

I think it's dead. I really do. We buried my pet lovebird in a Mr. Coffee box out in our backyard when I was 6 or 7. It's time to do the same. Unless Disney rebuilds the track, I really don't think we're getting this back (at least in any consistently-running way). Not that we were able to bring back Murray at all, of course.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can't blame some for thinking some sort of upgrade would happen in the year of downtime. Even if it is just smoother or cleaner..
It’s a sorry state of affairs where the words “smoother” and “cleaner” could be considered an “upgrade”

For the record 3 IPs were considered for inclusion for a 50th upgrade. Narration and show scene replacement. I’d be happy if that one remained cancelled.

cmarten

It’s a sorry state of affairs where the words “smoother” and “cleaner” could be considered an “upgrade”

For the record 3 IPs were considered for inclusion for a 50th upgrade. Narration and show scene replacement. I’d be happy if that one remained cancelled.
Three IP overlays for the ride or three IP’s throughout the ride like in the show buildings?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom