News People mover now reopened!

Squishy

I'm not expecting any updates to the couple of scenes along the track, or the narration but I do hope they took advantage of the downtime to take a pressure washer the entire length of the track surface. Some of the indoor areas had a pretty good accumulation of dust when things closed down last year and needed a good cleaning.
Disney doesn't seem to know how to clean off dust. You should've seen how dusty Slinky dog was right when it reopened...
1619275318660.png

Giss Neric

Disney doesn't seem to know how to clean off dust. You should've seen how dusty Slinky dog was right when it reopened...
View attachment 551678
Thats a bit of a stretch. It's not like the dusts were on the seats or any surfaces touched by the guests. That's not the job of the CMs. As long as the ride is working great then it's no problem. It's dust not rust.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I can only speak from experience of another park, but that part of the ride vehicle would be addressed by maintenance and usually off limits to CMs. Meaning CMs are likely responsible for all interior areas and the exterior shell, but no surfaces below the “slinky” figure. In fact it may even be off-limits, based on my experience

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I can only speak from experience of another park, but that part of the ride vehicle would be addressed by maintenance and usually off limits to CMs. Meaning CMs are likely responsible for all interior areas and the exterior shell, but no surfaces below the “slinky” figure. In fact it may even be off-limits, based on my experience
For whatever its worth, during my short time working at Pirates, we were only told to clean pieces of trash off the boats that can be picked up with our handy dandy trash picker-upper stick. No wipe downs or anything ever.

Although, I also didn't work close shifts. But I worked morning shifts and I can tell you, they were just as bad as when we left em the night prior. I'd see the same napkin in a boat for 2 or 3 times a day sometimes... Mainly because most of the time, we didn't have enough staff at unload to do the cleaning part.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For whatever its worth, during my short time working at Pirates, we were only told to clean pieces of trash off the boats that can be picked up with our handy dandy trash picker-upper stick. No wipe downs or anything ever.

Although, I also didn't work close shifts. But I worked morning shifts and I can tell you, they were just as bad as when we left em the night prior. I'd see the same napkin in a boat for 2 or 3 times a day sometimes... Mainly because most of the time, we didn't have enough staff at unload to do the cleaning part.
That’s why they let the hulls crack on the new fleet. The water eventually got deep enough to clean the boats and float any trash out.

WondersOfLife

That’s why they let the hulls crack on the new fleet. The water eventually got deep enough to clean the boats and float any trash out.
I'm tellin ya... When I got into DCP, it was a dream come true. Wanted to work at Disney since I was a little kid... Party kids/bad room situation aside, I had to quit early because I felt like I was severely undertrained to do the jobs I had to do on Pirates, and I didn't want to be responsible for people's safety in the position that I was put in... I was also too nervous to ask for a different position because the management in Adventureland was pretty scary.

At least now I know I can walk into Pirates' FP+ queue with no questions asked as long as I keep walking, whenever that opens again... (I won't.) It's all about the "guest satisfaction points" on that side of the park.

I tell ya... Once I found out how mismanaged one ride was, I really didn't want to know about the rest of the attractions at WDW. I'm sure it was just Pirates. But man, I would not be riding Pirates if I knew someone was just as poorly trained as I was at pressing E-Stop at load, sending boats out, and having to watch 8 different security camera screens while also watching load while also being in charge of pressing an e-stop somewhere in the middle of the ride that I'm not paying attention to when a kid stands up to do the floss before the drop while I'm making sure old people don't fall in the boat at load.... Utter nightmare. (That position had 2 people during the 70s. It's just one now.)

I can never get back on Pirates without thinking twice these days. And that's not even a scary ride to get on! LOL. Reminds me of the "highly professional undertrained teenage staff" at the Simpsons ride lol.

Disney for vacations. Not for work. Nope. There's a dream shoved in the trash.

Jesus I typed a lot. Time to get off the computer for the day.

WondersOfLife

You NEVER want to see how the magic is made.. in Disney... in restaurants... in other jobs :D
I had only ever worked in my family business before hand. Since Disney, I worked at Pizza Hut & Walmart... Luckily I get the family business now.

I'd trust my local Pizza Hut with my life more than the Pirates Attraction CMs (at the time I was there).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom