News People mover now reopened!

Walt d

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

1611893105162.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was there at least an exciting proposal for what Tomorrowland would have become?
A two phase project was proposed - remove the Peoplemover, retheme Star Tours and Buzz, then remove the subs and Autopia and add Tron. If the latter was a clone or something else I don’t know, things point to the latter.

This could be the only good thing to come from Covid.

yensidtlaw1969

A two phase project was proposed - remove the Peoplemover, retheme Star Tours and Buzz, then remove the subs and Autopia and add Tron. If the latter was a clone or something else I don’t know, things point to the latter.

This could be the only good thing to come from Covid.
Retheming Star Tours and Buzz doesn't bother me one bit. But then, I say that not knowing what they were to be replaced with. Perhaps the jury would still be out?

Losing the Subs and Autopia for TRON, even a new version, seems like a total and tragic waste. Autopia I could take or leave, though I recognize it goes basically part and parcel with the Subs which I desperately love. Even if Nemo isn't that great a take on them, it's such a unique experience and a real landmark attraction. To lose that for even a new version of TRON when one is already being built stateside would just be a massive shame.

I recognize the days of the Subs may be numbered either way - how on earth would those things work these days? Not to mention that they're expensive . . . But I can't help but hope they'll be spared given Disney's current interests in curtailing large new investments. Perhaps they'll simply let them sit when DL finally reopens and bring them back online when we reach a viable moment.

mikeymouse

There are already bumpers on the ends of the vehicle trains, but unfortunately people refuse to follow basic instructions to remain seated, so when a bump does occur someone falls and calls a lawyer. It’s an unfortunate result of our ‘no personal responsibility’ culture so Disney, now that they’ve been ‘made aware of the danger’ must prevent it or risk getting sued every single time it happens, which has been multiple times a day in recent years. Even though the frequency of it has increased dramatically due to guest behavior, the ambulance chasing lawyers will be all but waiting in line trying to catch the next one ‘injured’ to file the next negligence suit.
The bumpers don't seem to be as forgiving as the ones on the POTC or IASW boats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom