• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News People mover now reopened!

note2001

Announcement video from Disney Parks on TikTok:
The angle of that Stitch pic they posted made me scratch my head. Good to see they no longer have any secrets to keep. 😆

Seriously though, I'm all about transparency within a company, but some things don't need to be shown, while others (like when is Jambo reopening?) should be revealed.

HauntedPirate

Sheltered-at-home Park nostalgist
Premium Member
True but, his voice is as lackluster on LWTL..
giphy.gif

I don't have much of a problem with it on LwtL. It almost fits the ride well, if I'm being honest.

Glad it's back. I know it was wishful thinking but too bad they didn't replace this awful, awful, AWFUL spiel which has now been with us for over a decade.

I remember writing a huge rant about it when it first appeared. It's so low effort and "first draft". For an entire decade they have referred to Carousel of Progress as "four families." "It's 'out of this world!'" "Share the fun!"

Whoever wrote it and approved it was completely devoid of any creativity.

I'm guessing the same people who dumbed down the current Spaceship Earth script were responsible for this dreck as well. I could be wrong.

FigmentsFangirl

Glad it's back. I know it was wishful thinking but too bad they didn't replace this awful, awful, AWFUL spiel which has now been with us for over a decade.

I remember writing a huge rant about it when it first appeared. It's so low effort and "first draft". For an entire decade they have referred to Carousel of Progress as "four families." "It's 'out of this world!'" "Share the fun!"

I personally miss the spiel before this current incvarnation, you could actually HEAR "Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders" or some such. Now the current spiel my brother can just barely hear, if that

Rich Brownn

Since we're complaining, why is it so dark going thru Space Mountain? The outside looks so cool, and the queue is eh ok I guess, but People Mover is just nothing to see thru there multiplied by your constricted pupils. Not everyone can ride Space Mountain so it seems like a missed opportunity unless you happen to be in there when the lights are on.
I've never understood why, after finally putting a roof on the queue to make it totally dark, they got rid of the glow-in-the-dark panels. That would have looked so cool in total darkness

The Empress Lilly

Be careful what you wish for...

The current script and narration are the equivalent to being served yesterdays coffee drab. But I'll take over the narrowly avoided IncrediMover.

MansionButler84

I've never understood why, after finally putting a roof on the queue to make it totally dark, they got rid of the glow-in-the-dark panels. That would have looked so cool in total darkness
Because they wanted it dark. Glowing panels make it less dark.

Of course, if you’ve ever ridden the MNSSHP version before sunset, you realize the building actually doesn’t completely block out sunlight.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wait, a lot of people don't like the current spiel? :c
I'm not a fan..I was there on Oct 2nd 2009 when they changed it and it was such a down grade from the Pete Renaday narration..It made it feel more kinetic with the utopian theme TL was trying to go for during that time..And The TTA was the vein of transport throughout the land..Here's what it was like prior to the new narration..

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
With the miss aligned lighting there’s more artificial light leaks than ever.

They talked back in 2009 of a light “bubble” from the luminescent panels lighting up the track, when everyone knew the range of the luminescent glow, especially those on the rockets nose, was measured in inches.. Much like current Epcot they messed with what wasn’t broken and ignored the important things.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's a massive downgrade from the previous "NOW APPROACHING" spiel. It's ultra generic, low effort, uncreative, and dumbed down, and even has an error or two in it like referring to the COP as "four families".
And the Mr. Morrow random page in SM just doesn’t seem to fit in this spot whereas placing it by Stitch would've made more sense since that's where that character started for Flight to the moon...

TikibirdLand

It's a massive downgrade from the previous "NOW APPROACHING" spiel. It's ultra generic, low effort, uncreative, and dumbed down, and even has an error or two in it like referring to the COP as "four families".
Just remember, it could be worse: Quotes from "The Zach" Instragram pages or from "The Bobs". "...more Disney, more family-friendly and more magical."

Tom Morrow

It made it feel more kinetic with the utopian theme TL was trying to go for during that time..And The TTA was the vein of transport throughout the land.

I missed this part, and you make another excellent point. The previous narration seemed to take into consideration the attraction's effect on the land. The chimes and announcements added a lot to the atmosphere and made it feel like a bustling future city. It was cool looking up, seeing a train approaching, and hearing the chime activate.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
I missed this part, and you make another excellent point. The previous narration seemed to take into consideration the attraction's effect on the land. The chimes and announcements added a lot to the atmosphere and made it feel like a bustling future city. It was cool looking up, seeing a train approaching, and hearing the chime activate.
Back in my misspent youth when I frequented the smoking area by the restrooms you’d be surprised how many times “now approaching Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress” was triggered in five minutes. And how loopy it could make you go!

creathir

Premium Member
Back in my misspent youth when I frequented the smoking area by the restrooms you’d be surprised how many times “now approaching Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress” was triggered in five minutes. And how loopy it could make you go!
The best thing of those smoking areas, the awesome folks you could meet and talk with.

Mom (the smoker of our family) would meet multiple people, many of whom were from the UK, and would bump into the same folks over and over. All friendly folks just taking a break from the crowds.

“Now approaching Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress”

cjack300zx

To me the social distancing on the people mover seems a little extreme from what I have seen from YouTube. Don't get me wrong I understand we are in a pandemic and I kind of understand it but when you look at a ride like Big Thunder Mountain trains are filled to capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom