News People mover now reopened!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've never understood why, after finally putting a roof on the queue to make it totally dark, they got rid of the glow-in-the-dark panels. That would have looked so cool in total darkness
With the miss aligned lighting there’s more artificial light leaks than ever.

They talked back in 2009 of a light “bubble” from the luminescent panels lighting up the track, when everyone knew the range of the luminescent glow, especially those on the rockets nose, was measured in inches.. Much like current Epcot they messed with what wasn’t broken and ignored the important things.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's a massive downgrade from the previous "NOW APPROACHING" spiel. It's ultra generic, low effort, uncreative, and dumbed down, and even has an error or two in it like referring to the COP as "four families".
And the Mr. Morrow random page in SM just doesn’t seem to fit in this spot whereas placing it by Stitch would've made more sense since that's where that character started for Flight to the moon...

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Orange cone is still enjoying spins on the Peoplemover.

AB2713D1-A50C-41B8-9CB4-C8B67BCBB60B.jpeg

TikibirdLand

It's a massive downgrade from the previous "NOW APPROACHING" spiel. It's ultra generic, low effort, uncreative, and dumbed down, and even has an error or two in it like referring to the COP as "four families".
Just remember, it could be worse: Quotes from "The Zach" Instragram pages or from "The Bobs". "...more Disney, more family-friendly and more magical."

Tom Morrow

It made it feel more kinetic with the utopian theme TL was trying to go for during that time..And The TTA was the vein of transport throughout the land.

I missed this part, and you make another excellent point. The previous narration seemed to take into consideration the attraction's effect on the land. The chimes and announcements added a lot to the atmosphere and made it feel like a bustling future city. It was cool looking up, seeing a train approaching, and hearing the chime activate.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I missed this part, and you make another excellent point. The previous narration seemed to take into consideration the attraction's effect on the land. The chimes and announcements added a lot to the atmosphere and made it feel like a bustling future city. It was cool looking up, seeing a train approaching, and hearing the chime activate.
Back in my misspent youth when I frequented the smoking area by the restrooms you’d be surprised how many times “now approaching Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress” was triggered in five minutes. And how loopy it could make you go!

Creathir

Back in my misspent youth when I frequented the smoking area by the restrooms you’d be surprised how many times “now approaching Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress” was triggered in five minutes. And how loopy it could make you go!
The best thing of those smoking areas, the awesome folks you could meet and talk with.

Mom (the smoker of our family) would meet multiple people, many of whom were from the UK, and would bump into the same folks over and over. All friendly folks just taking a break from the crowds.

“Now approaching Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress”

cjack300zx

To me the social distancing on the people mover seems a little extreme from what I have seen from YouTube. Don't get me wrong I understand we are in a pandemic and I kind of understand it but when you look at a ride like Big Thunder Mountain trains are filled to capacity.

disneygeek90

At 5:30 reservations for HS opened up but not MK. I grabbed it and got in HS at 6:20, rode MMRR, and in line for peoplemover now 😍 That’s such a weird “loophole.”

I didn’t realize how much I missed even hearing the audio and the cars above me as I walk on the flat surface. It really just adds so much to the feel of the land and it’s so incredibly nice having it back.

arich35

At 5:30 reservations for HS opened up but not MK. I grabbed it and got in HS at 6:20, rode MMRR, and in line for peoplemover now 😍 That’s such a weird “loophole.”

I didn’t realize how much I missed even hearing the audio and the cars above me as I walk on the flat surface. It really just adds so much to the feel of the land and it’s so incredibly nice having it back.
How long was the wait? I feel like an evening Peoplemover ride is just perfect

UNCgolf

My home town airport. I miss the robot voice!

I'm not sure I've ever used the underground trams. I'm sure I have once or twice, but I usually just walk between the terminals -- it's especially nice when coming back from a flight to stretch your legs.

TTA94

Ended up riding twice. First time about 15 mins second time right before close under 10. Rode once at dusk and once at night and it was perfect.

We stopped for ~10 mins during first run. Clean second run lol

Got a nice shot of tron where we were stopped though.
View attachment 552537

What a sad sight. Had covid not happened Tron could have looked very different right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom