News People mover now reopened!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Oh, please. There's no IP attached so no one is going to believe this. Now if it was "Rocket Raccoon's Transit Mayhem" where we're launched on a Tomorrowland adventure after Rocket overrides the controls, then maybe. Just maybe.

rock.png

jrhwdw

This is my first look in this thread so IDK the History of the thread but...... COME ON!!!!! There's NO WAY Rocket Rods would go on the current track!! On DL's Peoplemover/Rocket Rods Track, There's much more hills and tight turns plus, it's a longer track I think???? MK's Track its just flat, no chance to make it a thrill ride the way it is now.

In Seriousness, if TTA's date in Jan 2021 is true, Might we see testing Christmas Week?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is my first look in this thread so IDK the History of the thread but...... COME ON!!!!! There's NO WAY Rocket Rods would go on the current track!! On DL's Peoplemover/Rocket Rods Track, There's much more hills and tight turns plus, it's a longer track I think???? MK's Track its just flat, no chance to make it a thrill ride the way it is now.

In Seriousness, if TTA's date in Jan 2021 is true, Might we see testing Christmas Week?
Rocket rods is only coming in a few peoples imaginations.

Movielover

Not trolling. I truly believe the change is going to happen.

There is no reason for them to tear out The Peoplemover to replace with a Rocket Rods like attraction. Rocket Rods in Disneyland was meant to be the the new E ticket thrill ride of the renovated Tomorrowland 1998. Here in MK's Tomorrowland, not only is the land renovation not really happening to that extent, but the big brand new E Ticket thrill ride is already being built next door, and even it now might be delayed until down the road. So why would the company that is financially sinking faster than the Titanic weighted down by James Cameron's massive ego pause construction on a mostly built mega E Ticket ride to then just divert those funds to ripping out a well entrenched ride system, one that interacts with multiple buddings and other systems, to then plan, develop, and construct what would arguably be a much inferior thrill ride in terms of length, speed, height, and capacity? All in the name of replicating and repeating a horrendous mistake that the company made in Disneyland nearly 23 years ago?

I know logic is rare these days including myself but you don't have to be General Patton to understand how preposterous this proposal is.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
My opinion.... covid. I think the rumors were real and eventually will happen
They should have preserved the Stitch AAs and finally have him a decent attraction. The stitch tiki room is the only attraction he’s ever done that any good.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was of the impression this whole downtime effort was triggered by required updates to fix the vehicles bumping after a restart issue. Once they got sued for the vehicle bumping (and associated reported injury) issue they were required to take the necessary steps to mitigate and reduce the risk of recurrence. They were now legally aware of the risk and any lack of action would have brought every ambulance chaser in the country down on them claiming negligence the next time it happened; which was daily.

All of this is a long-overdue improvement to deal with the excessive number of ride stops mostly triggered by guests taking their sweet time getting out of the vehicles at unloading in recent years. If the attraction was running normally things are fine, but after enough stops, the vehicles end up getting too close together and bump on restart. If you are seated, this isn't an actual issue but we all know that doesn't matter to the courts.

As to the overhead light package. They did turn it on at one point and got complaints from guests with sensory triggers and had to turn it off.

Bocabear

People with sensory triggers should pretty much avoid theme parks where colored lights and special effects are on every single attraction...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom